Princely Family of Monaco: Current Events 3 : May 2007 - Aug.2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes there was a caption and it is her. JUst odd that she is in Salzburg while he is in St Petersburg. Why all this seperate vacationing? Chris Levine done babysitting and now it is Caros turn? Or is she trying to get some culture into her?

Yes there was a caption and it is her. JUst odd that she is in Salzburg while he is in St Petersburg. Why all this seperate vacationing? Chris Levine done babysitting and now it is Caros turn? Or is she trying to get some culture into her?

Well, I'll probably get it for this comment but we all made a big deal out of Caroline not liking Charlene and staying away because of her, so my take is that this is yet another PR attempt to show us how wrong we all are. Yet in the pics Caroline and Ernst still look like they are ignoring her. Am I missing something here? Is that Albert's PR person chaperoning on this trip? Albert visiting Putin (Not exactly someone known for his human rights) again is interesting. He is certainly getting very friendly with him. Does anyone know how much Russian business and money contributes to Monaco's economy? I think the separate trip is to show us that she is a big girl and can handle trips all by herself - well except that Caroline and possible Albert's PR person are with her. JMO

The Putin visit might have something to do with the oil and the North Pole?

Last edited:
Well, I'll probably get it for this comment but we all made a big deal out of Caroline not liking Charlene and staying away because of her, so my take is that this is yet another PR attempt to show us how wrong we all are. Yet in the pics Caroline and Ernst still look like they are ignoring her. Am I missing something here? Is that Albert's PR person chaperoning on this trip? Albert visiting Putin (Not exactly someone known for his human rights) again is interesting. He is certainly getting very friendly with him. Does anyone know how much Russian business and money contributes to Monaco's economy? I think the separate trip is to show us that she is a big girl and can handle trips all by herself - well except that Caroline and possible Albert's PR person are with her. JMO

The Putin visit might have something to do with the oil and the North Pole?

I hate to be the one to say this, but I think that PA had twisted Caroline's hand to agree to take Charlene around so to teach her and prepare her for the role of Princess. It is obvious that Caro isn't thrilled to have her around but she is agreeing to do it for the peace in the family. After all if PA marrys Charlene Caro better get used to her.
PA is working hard on reeducating Charlene and introducing her to a possible future role. I don't think that Charlene would have ignored Caro's feelings if she wasn't sure that she will be entering into the family very soon. She must have a very thick skin and is rude and oblivious to impose herself, or she already knows that she is "in" and doesn't give a damn what anyone thinks as long as PA is protecting her.

I hate to be the one to say this, but I think that PA had twisted Caroline's hand to agree to take Charlene around so to teach her and prepare her for the role of Princess. It is obvious that Caro isn't thrilled to have her around but she is agreeing to do it for the peace in the family. After all if PA marrys Charlene Caro better get used to her.
PA is working hard on reeducating Charlene and introducing her to a possible future role. I don't think that Charlene would have ignored Caro's feelings if she wasn't sure that she will be entering into the family very soon. She must have a very thick skin and is rude and oblivious to impose herself, or she already knows that she is "in" and doesn't give a damn what anyone thinks as long as PA is protecting her.

It certainly looks that way to me too. He's working too hard to redo her image. I have begun to think the rumor of the "marriage list" is true and she's the one that accepted. I can't imagine she was at the top of his list but she's the one that will do it for the cash. He waits until he's 50 and this is what we get!

Big Step For Charlene!

Charlene has been at the Salzburg Festival with Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst. Although they were not walking together, Charlene was riding in the middle of TRH's in the car. This is a big step in the relationship of Charlene and Prince Albert who is in Russia. Maybe Princess Caroline is taking her future sister in law under her wing. Princess Caroline is the ultimate princess and surely will be the best advisor of Charlene.

Charlene went with Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst to the Salzburg Festival this weekend. Giant step for Charlene who sat in the middle between Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst in the car. They didn't walk together, but they were obviously walking toward the same place. From the pictures of the Bal de la Croix Rouge, I saw Virginia Gallico, the lady in waiting of Princess Grace and Princess Caroline, indicating to Charlene that she could move forward after the princely family took pictures in front of Princess Grace's photo. Looks to me that Charlene is moving up into her role of future princess of Monaco and to have Princess Caroline by her side is a huge plus. Prince Albert was in Russia when Charlene attended the music festival in Salzburg.

Princess Caroline is back at the height of style and fashion. She is to me the best dressed woman today. I loved the outfit and accessories she wore to the Salzburg Festival. She looked fabulous! Prince Ernst looks pretty good and healthy. I was glad to see Charlene was with them because the more she hangs around Princess Caroline, the better princess she will be. Princess Caroline loves this festival and has been going for years and to bring her future sister in law with her, is great training for Charlene.

If you ask me it looks like Caroline has been "ordered by the Sovereign Prince" to have Charlene tag along with her. Caroline does not look like a happy camper ... God, that had to be an uncomfortable situation.

Now I'm pretty convinced that he's so desperate to marry someone who evokes "the image of his mother" that he would actually marry Charlene.

Message to Albert: :bang:

Great news

I am very happy to read that, what a pity there are no pix of them !
It is a huge step in my opinion:flowers:

I read in an article that prince Albert wants his wife to be independent and all that, he doesn't want to have to play Pygmalion to her. (I.e. hold her hand, be her babysitter, having to teach her every single thing. A reference to a Shaw play.) Funny that he's now putting so much effort into training someone so seemingly unfit for the job. But of course, he lets other people do the babysitting and training, it's not him. :ermm: Still true to his word.

If you ask me it looks like Caroline has been "ordered by the Sovereign Prince" to have Charlene tag along with her. Caroline does not look like a happy camper ... God, that had to be an uncomfortable situation.

Now I'm pretty convinced that he's so desperate to marry someone who evokes "the image of his mother" that he would actually marry Charlene.

Message to Albert: :bang:

I have to agree that no one looks happy not even Charlene. I guess my message to Albert is: You can fool some of the people some of the time but not all the people all the time. This just looks so intense.

What a happy family is assembled in that car. All smiles and being cheerful with each other. We can tell how they really enjoy each others company and how happy Charlene is on the prospect of attending a classical concert at the side of Caroline and Ernst August.

Why, for heavens sake would they put on this charade and then not at least look the part? Even Charlene is not her cheerful self but looks as if she was plotting murder for once she has successfully claimed the tiara as hers. This is so undignified of all of them and so painful to watch.

We need to remember though that the family have plenty of experience with unwanted family members that they don't mind their own hypocrisy. Remember Louis widow? Rainier dragged her before the courts to stop her from spending the Grimaldi fortune. And it was apparently quite a nasty battle where she was accused of only having been after the money and title from the start. Still there are pics of Rainier and Grace with her.

Charlene went with Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst to the Salzburg Festival this weekend. Giant step for Charlene who sat in the middle between Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst in the car. They didn't walk together, but they were obviously walking toward the same place. From the pictures of the Bal de la Croix Rouge, I saw Virginia Gallico, the lady in waiting of Princess Grace and Princess Caroline, indicating to Charlene that she could move forward after the princely family took pictures in front of Princess Grace's photo. Looks to me that Charlene is moving up into her role of future princess of Monaco and to have Princess Caroline by her side is a huge plus. Prince Albert was in Russia when Charlene attended the music festival in Salzburg.

Yes, that is great!:D
Now is the time for the next step! PA needs to hook up Charlene with Angelina Jolie and Nelson Mandela to teach her charity!:rolleyes:

I'm getting a sinking feeling that Charlene is moving in close to Grace's tiara. I really think that if he marries her, he will be settling just so he can get the "heir thing" taken care of. And I don't doubt they are at least good friends by now. Do I see love or passion? No. But I'm mature enough to know that those things alone don't make a marriage work. Do I think Charlene is the best person to be his consort? No. But that doesn't mean she can't grow into the position. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Pictures say a thousand words.Marriage is not only the tiara but bonding of two families and there appears to be some discrepancy already. Personally if I was still being given the cold shoulder JMO by Pa's family like this I would reconsider no mattter how much I loved Pa where and why I would want to marry into the Grimaldis.They are at last a family like everyone else.How in God's name will CW ever be able to forge ahead with anything for Monaco or herself attempting to insert herself here where it appears she is not really embraced.If that was me sandwiched in such an undignified and transparent manner between two "potential relatives"? I would have ordered my coffee to go and made the mark of Zorro.. already CW take a hint.......maybe the GRimaldis are not for you and your happiness .. ceratinly they might possibly afford you the position... but if happiness was like this ... Ye gods.....

Last edited:
I read in an article that prince Albert wants his wife to be independent and all that, he doesn't want to have to play Pygmalion to her. (I.e. hold her hand, be her babysitter, having to teach her every single thing. A reference to a Shaw play.) Funny that he's now putting so much effort into training someone so seemingly unfit for the job. But of course, he lets other people do the babysitting and training, it's not him. :ermm: Still true to his word.

He wouldn't know what to do with a woman who is strong and independent. It's so obvious that he is merely looking for a woman who "looks" like his mother .. but, who in temperment and talent is NOTHING like his mother or sister, Caroline. Who is he kidding?!:eek:

What a happy family is assembled in that car. All smiles and being cheerful with each other. We can tell how they really enjoy each others company and how happy Charlene is on the prospect of attending a classical concert at the side of Caroline and Ernst August.
Why, for heavens sake would they put on this charade and then not at least look the part? Even Charlene is not her cheerful self but looks as if she was plotting murder for once she has successfully claimed the tiara as hers. This is so undignified of all of them and so painful to watch.
We need to remember though that the family have plenty of experience with unwanted family members that they don't mind their own hypocrisy. Remember Louis widow? Rainier dragged her before the courts to stop her from spending the Grimaldi fortune. And it was apparently quite a nasty battle where she was accused of only having been after the money and title from the start. Still there are pics of Rainier and Grace with her.
Cinderella story is going on for those who only want to see the Family with pink glasses... Charlene is one of them now, look at her beautiful dress she's a princess now!!!:D... looks like the story is a bit dark now:D

Cinderella story is going on for those who only want to see the Family with pink glasses... Charlene is one of them now, look at her beautiful dress she's a princess now!!!:D... looks like the story is a bit dark now:D
Gives a whole new meaning to the term Grimm fairytales! ;)

Hitchcock at work

Those pics reminded me of the work of Hitchcock somehow.
Remember that famous line of Tony Perkins from Psycho? I think if not mistaken
" No one lasts around here for long"

Last edited:
He wouldn't know what to do with a woman who is strong and independent. It's so obvious that he is merely looking for a woman who "looks" like his mother .. but, who in temperment and talent is NOTHING like his mother or sister, Caroline. Who is he kidding?!:eek:
Exactly, but honestly: he wouldn't deserve a strong, educated woman either. Not with the kind of behaviour we had the displeasure of witnessing these last years.

I'm getting a sinking feeling that Charlene is moving in close to Grace's tiara. I really think that if he marries her, he will be settling just so he can get the "heir thing" taken care of. And I don't doubt they are at least good friends by now. Do I see love or passion? No. But I'm mature enough to know that those things alone don't make a marriage work. Do I think Charlene is the best person to be his consort? No. But that doesn't mean she can't grow into the position. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Well, I don't necessarily think she is the BEST person for the job. I would love to have seen a more cultured and educated Princess. But my honest opinion is that she is a real step up for Prince Albert. I think if he is to marry her, she can grow into her role, especially if Caroline and Stephanie and Madame Gallico are around to assist her, and apparently they are willing to do so.

Maybe he was trying to find someone who looks like his mother all this time, and when he realised he never will, he stoped careing, and here we have Charlene.

Caroline looks great, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom