The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine View Post
That woman (man?) in the first pic looks like she sees a ghost. What could Charlene be hiding in her armpit? Snakes, like Medusa? Weird, but priceless pic...
charlene resembles a spectrum, which diabolise all that she looks at deadline press
Deadline Press Photo - Latest Stories

lckc571

Old 07-14-2007, 01:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lckc571 View Post
charlene resembles a spectrum, which diabolise all that she looks at deadline press
Deadline Press Photo - Latest Stories

lckc571
not sure if it is a good thing for Thierry lacoste manhandling Charlene. friend of Albert or not, but he is definetely too close to her. I find that disrespectful towards Albert and also her. It shows what he really thinks of her.

Old 07-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca View Post
not sure if it is a good thing for Thierry lacoste manhandling Charlene. friend of Albert or not, but he is definetely too close to her. I find that disrespectful towards Albert and also her. It shows what he really thinks of her.
I fear extremely that Albert card-indexes himself some, he never really followed the protocol to the front letter, and then he must believe that she is conquered (that the other men cannot take her to him) and then they are his "employees" act according to the good desire of Prince Albert, they will not go against his orders. there is another woman with T lacoste, I don't know who she is..

BelgaPicture

lckc571
Old 07-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lckc571 View Post
I fear extremely that Albert card-indexes himself some, he never really followed the protocol to the front letter, and then he must believe that she is conquered (that the other men cannot take her to him) and then they are his "employees" act according to the good desire of Prince Albert, they will not go against his orders. there is another woman with T lacoste, I don't know who she is..

BelgaPicture

lckc571
I think she is the wife of Mike Powers, but not sure. Seen her face before.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Aristocracy

I'm almost sure that you are right paca...Seen her face before too...
Old 07-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Nobility

My mother always told me that there are girls you date and the girls you marry.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Lets get back on subject please.

Princely Family of Monaco Moderators

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 07-20-2007, 07:37 PM
Nobility

Hey, it’s now a family affair. Prince Albert, Princess Stephanie, and Charlene walked in together to Stephanie’s Fight Aids Gala tonight. Here’s a link to a Monaco Revue article and there’s a video of a great interview (in English) with Stephanie. Stephanie seems to have placed a lot of thought and care into this project (I love her cpmments about the garden). Click on the picture to play the video. During the interview they show the family entering. Below is an excerpt of the article.

Here are some first pictures. I'll refrain from commenting on the obvious from these pictures.
Albert, Stephanie, Charlene
Albert, Stephanie, Charlene, Patrick
Albert, Stephanie, Patrick
Albert &Charlene
Quote:
Fight AIDS Monaco gala 2007

Princess Stephanie made the call on behalf of those suffering as a result of AIDS and Monaco's well-heeled responded.

With the help of French artiste Patrick Bruel, the princess' charity, Fight AIDS Monaco, staged its annual charity dinner on July 20 at Le Sporting Monte-Carlo. Proceeds will go towards the organization's project to construct a house for those who are affected by the disease and don't have a home or need to get away from the stresses of life.
…..
The event was patronized by Monaco sovereign Prince Albert II. Seated to his left at the head table was Charlene Wittstock, a member of South Africa's fifth-finishing Sydney Olympics swim relay team, who has been photographed with the prince since they first appeared before international cameras at the Turin Olympics in February 2006.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:12 PM
Courtier

Fight Aids Monaco (FAM) President Princess Stephanie (front) is pictured during a lottery organised to collect money for FAM during the Fight Aids Charity Gala which takes place in the Sporting Club of Monaco, 20 July 2007. EPA/ASM CORBIS OUT

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

Fight Aids Monaco (FAM) President, Princess Stephanie (C-R), FAM president of honour Prince Albert II of Monaco (C-L) and his friend, South African swimmer Charlene Wittstock (C) attend the Charity Gala which takes place in the Sporting Club of Monaco, 20 July 2007. EPA/ASM CORBIS OUT

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Old 07-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Serene Highness

I like the way they describe Charlene. I hope they'll be using that if ever there will be a wedding announcement: Albert II of Monaco married Charlene Wittstock, a member of South Africa's fifth-finishing Sydney Olympics swim relay team. Now please read that aloud and imagine the newsspeaker having to repeat this everytime Charlene is mentioned in the news feed. For Germans I would like to remind you of Loriots "th" excercise with evelyn Hamann as the speaker "Tiäitsch-Übung" mit Evelyn Hamann - SpassForen For those who are not from German speaking background: while reading the text the speaker is having a nervous breakdown....
Old 07-20-2007, 08:29 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the pics. Albert and Charlene on their way to a funeral? (though Charlene seems to be heading for a prom-funeral) Steph taking fashion advice from Charlene(the opening pants)? I like the colours and pattern of that top, but not this bra thing she is wearing on top of it.(Madonna, Cindy Lauper in the 80s? wrong hairstyle though if that's what she was aiming for) Apart from that I think she is looking good. I like how she wears her hair there. Very feminin.

And she is so happy to be there...
Old 07-20-2007, 08:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I like the way they describe Charlene. I hope they'll be using that if ever there will be a wedding announcement: Albert II of Monaco married Charlene Wittstock, a member of South Africa's fifth-finishing Sydney Olympics swim relay team. Now please read that aloud and imagine the newsspeaker having to repeat this everytime Charlene is mentioned in the news feed. For Germans I would like to remind you of Loriots "th" excercise with evelyn Hamann as the speaker "Tiäitsch-Übung" mit Evelyn Hamann - SpassForen For those who are not from German speaking background: while reading the text the speaker is having a nervous breakdown....
LOL Thanks paca. So now we have come full circle, Not girlfriend, not official companion, not model but Olympic 5th place finisher. So, is this for us to now take her more seriously? It's a little late - I don't mean to take away her accomplishment but at this point don't we all just call her the girlfriend and haven't the press been doing that also, so why the sudden change? And Stephanie is being civil and actually speaking to her. Albert looks the same as always. I hate to say it but at this point he goes to so many events they could just put up a cardboard cut out of him and people can stand there and have their pictures taken just like at Mme. Tussands.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
Albert looks the same as always. I hate to say it but at this point he goes to so many events they could just put up a cardboard cut out of him and people can stand there and have their pictures taken just like at Mme. Tussands.
Yes he's being very inflational lately.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Thanks for the pics. Albert and Charlene on their way to a funeral? (though Charlene seems to be heading for a prom-funeral) Steph taking fashion advice from Charlene(the opening pants)? I like the colours and pattern of that top, but not this bra thing she is wearing on top of it.(Madonna, Cindy Lauper in the 80s? wrong hairstyle though if that's what she was aiming for) Apart from that I think she is looking good. I like how she wears her hair there. Very feminin.

And she is so happy to be there...
I think Princess Stephanie cares deeply about her project, the video interview shows this. Why wouldn't she be at this gala - it's a charity fundraiser? She is happy, well at least smiling in these below two pictures - thus far. Maybe other pictures may come out where she is smiling with everyone. I like the pattern and color scheme in Stephanie's outfit, but definitely not the style for this occassion. I actually like Charlene's dress and her smile is constantly on, so perhaps she should give Princess Stephanie lessons on smiling for the camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
LOL Thanks paca. So now we have come full circle, Not girlfriend, not official companion, not model but Olympic 5th place finisher. So, is this for us to now take her more seriously? It's a little late - I don't mean to take away her accomplishment but at this point don't we all just call her the girlfriend and haven't the press been doing that also, so why the sudden change?
I think her title depends on who writes the article or caption. I forgot to place the caption for the ANP pictures. Here it is.

Fight Aids Monaco (FAM) president, Princess Stephanie (L), FAM president of honour Prince Albert II of Monaco (C), and his friend, South African swimmer Charlene Wittstock (R) attend the Charity Gala wich takes place in the Sporting Club of Monaco, 20 July 2007. EPA/ASM CORBIS OUT
Old 07-20-2007, 08:44 PM
Serene Highness

I didn't mean that she didn't want to be at the gala, but not necessarily photographed... She certainly cares for her project and she is into every detail, which shows that she is not just a figurehead but out of vocation involved.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAdia View Post
It seems that Stephany smiles and feels comfotable only when Charlene is not around. She doesn't look like a happy camper in the first 4 pictures. I wonder why?
Old 07-20-2007, 10:07 PM
Administrator

Before this goes any further...any posts that start speculating on the relationship or lack of one between Charlene and Stephanie, or any posts suggesting that Stephanie doesn't look happy when standing next to Charlene, etc. will be deleted without notice.

While everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion about the relationship that Charlene has with Caroline and/or Stephanie.....we (the public) will never know the truth. So let's not go there.

If anyone has questions and/or concerns...then please contact a moderator or administrator.

Thank you.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:54 PM
Aristocracy

Hi guys. This is one time I must say that Charlene looked nice.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:54 AM
Courtier

On this occasion Charlene did definitely look better than Steph, and her outfit was more suited for the event. So now Charlene arrives at events together with the family...interesting...
Old 07-21-2007, 07:47 AM
Serene Highness

Stephanie looks great to me Looks like the gala was great Albert also looks good and Charlene looked good also good to see big brother coming out to support steph but he always come to this new touch to bring Charlene {ignored moderator warning- Lady Jennifer}