The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 11:43 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca View Post
Thanks. And yet again Steph keeping her distance. Now I wonder when tabloids will dare to go on that part of the Charlene story. Soon I hope.
Ok, for this event I can see why Stephanie would want her separate space. She seems to have a lot of people with her, including children; so she probably wanted her own space. Also in past sporting events, I have seen Stephanie mostly in her own space away from Albert's official box. I don't find anything strange about Stephanie not being with Albert and Charlene at this concert, especially also since Albert has a lot of his friends there. Plus, Charlene seems to have friends also. I noticed two of the women at the concert were also sitting and talking to Charlene at a Track & Field event during the Small States Games. For me, the more puzzling question is why we haven't seen NOT ONE picture of Stephanie and Charlene out and about in Monaco? Doesn't Stephanie live in Monaco? Don't you find it strange that we see pictures of Charlene with Albert's trainer in Monaco but not his sister? Come on, I know it's not fair to judge a situation by the ABSENCE of a picture - but not even one? No need to answer.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:38 PM
Nobility

And why don't we see any photos of Charlene out and about anymore? Is she locked up, only to be let out for a public and official event? BTW, it seems very busy in the princely box. I wonder how many of them have actually paid for their ticket? It looks like a nice - almost family - reunion.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine View Post
And why don't we see any photos of Charlene out and about anymore? Is she locked up, only to be let out for a public and official event? BTW, it seems very busy in the princely box. I wonder how many of them have actually paid for their ticket? It looks like a nice - almost family - reunion.
Minus the family.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

It's very nice that the three all attended the concert and had fun, it would have even been nicer if they had done it together
Thanks for the links and pics!
Here's one more picture gallery from deadline:

Albert
deadline picture gallery
Old 07-13-2007, 03:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAdia View Post
Ok, for this event I can see why Stephanie would want her separate space. She seems to have a lot of people with her, including children; so she probably wanted her own space. Also in past sporting events, I have seen Stephanie mostly in her own space away from Albert's official box. I don't find anything strange about Stephanie not being with Albert and Charlene at this concert, especially also since Albert has a lot of his friends there. Plus, Charlene seems to have friends also. I noticed two of the women at the concert were also sitting and talking to Charlene at a Track & Field event during the Small States Games. For me, the more puzzling question is why we haven't seen NOT ONE picture of Stephanie and Charlene out and about in Monaco? Doesn't Stephanie live in Monaco? Don't you find it strange that we see pictures of Charlene with Albert's trainer in Monaco but not his sister? Come on, I know it's not fair to judge a situation by the ABSENCE of a picture - but not even one? No need to answer.
Yes Stephanie does live in Monaco but No I dont expect to see them walking down the streets together steph has a lot of things to do and her kids but if stephanie wants to snub charlene then that what she will do clearly caro and steph are not fans of her but Stephanie still loves and adores her big brother Him and steph has always had a great relationship but we will just have to wait and see untill the ball how far this snub will gomy opinion.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
It's very nice that the three all attended the concert and had fun, it would have even been nicer if they had done it together
Thanks for the links and pics!
Here's one more picture gallery from deadline:

Albert
deadline picture gallery
Thanks for these pictures. This picture is adorable! I really like how Stephanie is throwing a kiss to Albert. Clearly, Stephanie will not allow anyone or anything to come between her relationship with her big brother. On so many of these pictres, Charlene looks like she is posing for the cameras. Thus far, Charlene and Albert has made the cover of either Point de Vue, Gala, or Bunte for every event that she has attended with Albert since she returned to Europe to compete in races this May. I think she is becoming a little overly confident now about her cover shots.

I am glad Albert took a walk around the stadium; he really seems to be well received. Here’s another article about the concert, it seems that the low attendance and less than enthousiastic crowd was a real problem. French version and translated version.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I am glad Albert took a walk around the stadium; he really seems to be well received. Here’s another article about the concert, it seems that the low attendance and less than enthousiastic crowd was a real problem. French version and translated version.
it is the second event in Monaco which was badly organized, there were the plays of the small states and this concert... yes that goes very badly to Monaco
if Albert does not realize there!!! it is even very serious!!! and when I think that there is soon the ball of the red cross, if Charlene is invited, Caroline is likely not not to go there, nor his friends
with do three large errors you believe that Albert will open the eyes???? I am not sure!!! that will give if the tourists start at it to boycott Monaco
lckc571
Old 07-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Thanks for these pictures. This picture is adorable! I really like how Stephanie is throwing a kiss to Albert. Clearly, Stephanie will not allow anyone or anything to come between her relationship with her big brother. On so many of these pictres, Charlene looks like she is posing for the cameras. Thus far, Charlene and Albert has made the cover of either Point de Vue, Gala, or Bunte for every event that she has attended with Albert since she returned to Europe to compete in races this May. I think she is becoming a little overly confident now about her cover shots.

I don't know MyAdia if she blowing it at him or not hard to tell or might be making fun of him - he isn't even looking at her. I'm not sure you can make the statement that nothing will come between them. If that were true wouldn't she be welcoming Charlene and showing her support by sitting with them? Or being photographed with Charlene at the various events. Thus far there hasn't been one photo. Stephanie is a free spirit I grant you and she might have just wanted to go to the concert also she is not the heir presumptive at the moment - her sister Caroline is so there is a huge difference there. I wouldn't be so hard on Caroline which you seem to be. I think she had her reasons and actually I think Jaya gave a pretty good statement about Caroline that put it into a more royal personage perspective. Just out of curiosity, how would you, if you were Caroline, handle Charlene? Be sure to put yourself in the royal shoes and think like an heir to the throne.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Here are some more pictures from Wenn:

Charlene 1
Charlene 2
Charlene 3

Prince Albert

Prince Albert and Charlene 1
Prince Albert and Charlene 2
Prince Albert and Charlene 3

Princess Stephanie with friends
Princess Stephanie having some fun

Charlene lookes quite good, imo. So did Prince Albert - he actually looks much younger and somehow happier then usual.
And of course, I'm happy as ever to see Princess Stephanie, especially in a good mood.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 07-14-2007, 08:10 AM
Serene Highness

There is quite an amusing review in todays paper (there was some report yesterday but fairly neutral). According to the paper when Muse finally appeared there were the 20.000 spectators which the organizers anticipated (though the pic shows a lot of space). In the run up the second group kept repeating their proper name for the audience to remember and photographers were mostly keeping an eye on Steph while waiting for ALbert. When he arrived at the end of Kaiser chiefs, he quickly disappeared again in his loge and all that was to see were a lot of guys in dark suits. Charlene is briefly mentioned as a certain Charlene Wittstock.

I have to say that until recently I didn't know that the concert was taking place. Ok I don't pay that much attention to billboards, but when there were concerts in Munich you knew who was comming to town even without being interested or liking the music. And you knew at least some of the music. I'm probably totally outdated, but I haven't heard a single song of that band (actually neither of the 3 bands). In Munich every radio station would at least play once in each show a song of whoever was coming ad there would be plenty of games for give away seats. One of my friends used to be assistant to Marcel Avram, the guy who used to organize Michael jackson tours in Europe (and other big names). She told me a little about how they generated awareness, how they would get celebrities to attend etc. Apart from Albert and Steph, who was there? There are so many celebs on holidays right now in the area, why not offer them to come to town? Celebs draw publicity, there might be more people next time if you play it right. Anyone remember the vatican concert that was moved to Monaco? Anyone hear anything about it? When JPII was attending, the world was watching, you'd see all sorts of people wanting to be there, last edition...zilch. Did anyone go, did is take place? it seems that all events that would draw celebs (and I don't mean yesterdays or better last weeks celebs) of A class to Monaco have moved away. No more world music (though that event seems to be killing itself), no more Laureus awards and at the last Grand Prix there was talk about possible closing. Same with the tennis. At present players are still comming, but for how much longer? The SBM has already leaked here and there that some dusting is necessary to make Monaco attractive for people, especially the younger generation.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:37 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
There is quite an amusing review in todays paper (there was some report yesterday but fairly neutral). According to the paper when Muse finally appeared there were the 20.000 spectators which the organizers anticipated (though the pic shows a lot of space). In the run up the second group kept repeating their proper name for the audience to remember and photographers were mostly keeping an eye on Steph while waiting for ALbert. When he arrived at the end of Kaiser chiefs, he quickly disappeared again in his loge and all that was to see were a lot of guys in dark suits. Charlene is briefly mentioned as a certain Charlene Wittstock.

I have to say that until recently I didn't know that the concert was taking place. Ok I don't pay that much attention to billboards, but when there were concerts in Munich you knew who was comming to town even without being interested or liking the music. And you knew at least some of the music. I'm probably totally outdated, but I haven't heard a single song of that band (actually neither of the 3 bands). In Munich every radio station would at least play once in each show a song of whoever was coming ad there would be plenty of games for give away seats. One of my friends used to be assistant to Marcel Avram, the guy who used to organize Michael jackson tours in Europe (and other big names). She told me a little about how they generated awareness, how they would get celebrities to attend etc. Apart from Albert and Steph, who was there? There are so many celebs on holidays right now in the area, why not offer them to come to town? Celebs draw publicity, there might be more people next time if you play it right. Anyone remember the vatican concert that was moved to Monaco? Anyone hear anything about it? When JPII was attending, the world was watching, you'd see all sorts of people wanting to be there, last edition...zilch. Did anyone go, did is take place? it seems that all events that would draw celebs (and I don't mean yesterdays or better last weeks celebs) of A class to Monaco have moved away. No more world music (though that event seems to be killing itself), no more Laureus awards and at the last Grand Prix there was talk about possible closing. Same with the tennis. At present players are still comming, but for how much longer? The SBM has already leaked here and there that some dusting is necessary to make Monaco attractive for people, especially the younger generation.
Sounds like things are going down hill in the tourist area if they can't draw crowds. How sad. It also sounds like he needs the "trio" on board in which case he needs Caroline more than she needs him. JMO
Old 07-14-2007, 10:03 AM
Aristocracy

I think that tourists are still here but tourists with plenty of money I'm not sure... and Monaco needs tourists with plenty of money... (look at prices here...)

Quote:
There is quite an amusing review in todays paper (there was some report yesterday but fairly neutral). According to the paper when Muse finally appeared there were the 20.000 spectators which the organizers anticipated (though the pic shows a lot of space). In the run up the second group kept repeating their proper name for the audience to remember and photographers were mostly keeping an eye on Steph while waiting for ALbert. When he arrived at the end of Kaiser chiefs, he quickly disappeared again in his loge and all that was to see were a lot of guys in dark suits. Charlene is briefly mentioned as a certain Charlene Wittstock. .............
I.
if i remember they were blabling about wedding... love... few weeks ago (Nice Matin... Monaco Matin???)
I had a glance on Monaco Matin and i don't see words Charlene Wittstock....

Quote:
Here’s a link to a Monaco Times article about the Muse concert. Below, I included an excerpt from the article. It seems that the article writer also likes the way that Charlene dresses. This writer found her attire elegant. Also, the concert attendance was less than what was expected. Perhaps, Prince Albert should advertise that the elegant Charlene will be there next time and maybe more will come. Here’s a picture of a great view of the concert.
ADIDM website sppeks about 20000 spectators and Monaco Matin too... i guess that there were less people... because we can see unoccupied seats...
the elegant Charlene was with her elegant Albert behind a lot of bodyguards...so if people want to see bodyguards, they will come next time... Razzis were looking on Stéphanie's box her new boyfriend was supposed to be here.... on today's paper they didn't say that razzis were looking on Charlene and Albert...
Old 07-14-2007, 11:10 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilae View Post
ADIDM website sppeks about 20000 spectators and Monaco Matin too... i guess that there were less people... because we can see unoccupied seats...
the elegant Charlene was with her elegant Albert behind a lot of bodyguards...so if people want to see bodyguards, they will come next time... Razzis were looking on Stéphanie's box her new boyfriend was supposed to be here.... on today's paper they didn't say that razzis were looking on Charlene and Albert...
and in http://www.monaco.mc/actuArticle.do?idArticle=60821 the journalists should not have gone to the good place!!!
other sound, it's a flopppp!!!

"This was an event the Sovereign Prince Albert II was not going to miss," he would have better done not not to go there

lckc571
Old 07-14-2007, 11:26 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Once all the "hoopla" about PA allegedly getting married is over, there will be no much talk about Charlene. It really doesn't matter if PA ends up marrying Charlene or not media is going to stop talking about her because she isn't interesting personality at all. Outside of the initial excitement "is she going to be next Princess" there is nothing interesting/amusing about her or her life. She is so ordinary in every sense of that word, that if I were media I wouldn't know what to write about her, except maybe what she had dressed and that would be only if I had to mention her at all.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Serene Highness

lckc571 the only word i could read in the article was" la mayonnaise n'a pas prise" which i put on ham sandwiches. could you translate a little for me :)
why was it a flop? bad bands? low attendance? no royalty or celebs?
as far as charlene looking elegant wonder what they promish or pay these people who think we are fools and are part of the plan to push her down people throats. do they write this stuff to stay on the good side of the prince or do they write this stuff because the prince wants them to and feeds them the copy. either way it ain't working and its insulting.

i would be doing exactly what caroline is doing, pretending she doesn't exist and making my feelings plain without having to say a word. Caroline is a strong personality i can't imagine her doing anything she doesn't want to do, much less making nice with the likes of charlene. if charlene is lucky and becomes a princess she would be wise to quietly take the 4th position (albert, caroline, steph) and give the true princessess due respect and try not to overshadow (like she could) or upstage either sister, perhaps then they will thaw towards her and in 20 years they might talk to her at dinner.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:06 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post

Charlene 1

OK, that is a beautiful picture!
If Pa is thinking to marry Charlene he would NEVER let her greet people like that. Neither in a public nor in a private! Is this a future Princess?! What a disgrace!
I believe PA when he said that he has NO plans to marry anytime soon. Especially not to Charlene. He might act stupid lately but he isn't that dumb. He has been around the block a few times, and he knows what is expected of him. At least when it comes to marriage.
IMO he is going to marry ONLY if he meets someone really special, until then he will just have fun with girls like Charlene!
Old 07-14-2007, 12:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
if i remember they were blabling about wedding... love... few weeks ago (Nice Matin... Monaco Matin???)
IIRC, CW was mentioned in yesterday's article, but not in today's. I'm pleased to see Monaco Matin still thinks she isn't worth mentioning. I do find it odd that they "waste" so much newspaper space on something as non-eventful as a pop concert? BTW, is it just me or was the mood in the princely box more of a funerial than of a party nature? The pics I saw weren't all that bouncy and dancing and all. More of a well-I-have-to-be-here-and-it-is-sort-of-ok-but-I-know-places-I-would-rather-be mood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal pauper View Post
Once all the "hoopla" about PA allegedly getting married is over, there will be no much talk about Charlene. It really doesn't matter if PA ends up marrying Charlene or not media is going to stop talking about her because she isn't interesting personality at all. Outside of the initial excitement "is she going to be next Princess" there is nothing interesting/amusing about her or her life. She is so ordinary in every sense of that word, that if I were media I wouldn't know what to write about her, except maybe what she had dressed and that would be only if I had to mention her at all.
I hope that before they stop mentioning her, they find time, place and opportunity to finally write a negative article about her, show her contradicting herself and all the other things.
But you're right on the mark here, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
Charlene 1
That woman (man?) in the first pic looks like she sees a ghost. What could Charlene be hiding in her armpit? Snakes, like Medusa? Weird, but priceless pic...
Old 07-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I think that tourists are still here but tourists with plenty of money I'm not sure... and Monaco needs tourists with plenty of money... (look at prices here...)
Lots of tourists only stay for the day. They come in busses or with cruiseships. They don't spend much money here. They might eat or drink sth, but low budget tourists grab a sandwich in the supermarket and a drink too instead of paying 5 times the price in a snack or go to a restaurant. especially when it is families. They don't buy souvenirs, they buy postcards, but often enough not even that since they all have their cameras and mobile phones to send pics and messages to friends. It is a new generation with new technology and most souvenirs are not even from here but produced who knows where and rather tasteless. SBM has also a problem with attracting gamblers. Monaco is not attractive enough for the big ones. People don't stay in hotels more then 2 nights. Unless there is a convention or special event going on, they are not attracting people. And if Monacos image goes down business tourism will seize as employees will find it no incentive to come to Monaco. There are other places that are less expensive. But Grimaldi forum is operating mostly on this type of tourism. The concerts and exhibitions won't finance it.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
it is in todays paper. There is a review of the concert. sth like some people left early because of the noise (duh, what did they expect? but I think they say sth about some technical problem?).

Only the Nice part was speculating about longer stay. that was just before st jean. This is the first time since a while that I have seen her name mentioned in the MC section and she is not referred to as companion, swimmer, girlfriend or anything else just certain. They might have the article on maprincpaute as well.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine View Post
That woman (man?) in the first pic looks like she sees a ghost. What could Charlene be hiding in her armpit? Snakes, like Medusa? Weird, but priceless pic...
Poor guy is stunned that someone, especially someone dating a head of state, would reach over his head to high five/greet people. Of course that doesn't faze Charlene at all. She is totally clueless!!