The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 12:42 AM
Commoner

Show On The Grimaldis On US TV

Tonight (Thursday 10/5) at 8pm EST on the Biography Channel they are going to show "The Grimaldi Dynasty" Just thought I'd let you know.

Old 10-05-2006, 12:16 PM
Courtier

So did you see it? I would have liked to, but my daughter was having a slow- speed-come-apart as I was trying to get dinner on the table.
I guess that is more important than the Grimaldi's!

Old 10-05-2006, 01:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa
So did you see it? I would have liked to, but my daughter was having a slow- speed-come-apart as I was trying to get dinner on the table.
I guess that is more important than the Grimaldi's!
It's not on till tonite. Maybe you will be able to catch it after all. I hope your daughter's ok.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Courtier

Duh! I can read! I thought it was last night. Good thing I didn't waste time trying to find it!
and thank you , yes, my daughter is much better this morning. Being 7 is hard especially when your tired and overwhelmed with homework!

Since the show is on EST, it will be on at 5:00 my time, so I'll be able to see it before we go to back to school night! Yeah!
thanks!
Old 10-05-2006, 04:53 PM
Courtier

I know I will be watching the biography channel tonight.I really want to hear what happens behind those palace walls and get a real inside scoop on what is actually to be born royal or marry a royal.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 10-05-2006, 07:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieP
Tonight (Thursday 10/5) at 8pm EST on the Biography Channel they are going to show "The Grimaldi Dynasty" Just thought I'd let you know.
I just viewed it. Repeat and old news -- not updated in a few years.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:41 AM
Courtier

While they contain great information, the three specials that the Biography Channel and A&E run haven't been updated since around 1997. Its rather sad to see them "looking forward to the rest Rainier intends to build". They don't even have his funeral or Albert's ascension after nearly 20 months!

Ann
Old 10-06-2006, 02:36 PM
Commoner

the "grimaldi dynasty" special last date dated all the way to alberts ascension so i don't know which ones you guys saw, but in mine you could even see pics from the funeral and coronation.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:23 PM

Was the memorial for the anniversary of Princess Grace's death a strictly private affair, without any publicity at all? I never saw anything of it on any news sites. IS this something the Grimaldis do every year or just at the big # anniversary, like 10 years, 20 years, 30 years, etc.?
Old 10-07-2006, 05:02 PM
Aristocracy

The Grimaldi Dynasty special did have a few updates. It briefly touched bases on Albertís accession and his son, Alexandre. The special mentioned to date, PA is still not married. It cited PAís ideas being different from his father. PA is a liberal ruler versus his fatherís iron fist and tough persona who ruled Monaco.

PR along with his wife built Monaco. PA is more into erasing the bad publicity of Monacoís image as being a shady place for the rich and famous. PAís focus is on Monaco being a safe natural balanced environment for all. The special touched briefly on how PA was traveling to other countries to drum up tourism for revenue. However, analyst experts feel the direction PA wants to take his country will be very difficult and risky because of whom the country attracts. It is the rich high rollers who reside in Monaco because of the tax laws. It is the wealthy innovators who have other ideas of how Monaco should be developed and these are the people eventually PA will have to answer to. The special also stated PA is not into the glamour like his parents.

The special briefly mentioned PCís children, who are heirs, and the next generation of Monaco. They will bring back the glamour, glitter and luster that Monaco lost. The special stated PCís children are raised in the jet-set life style, they are intelligent, speak many different languages, have friends of rich and social standing. Her sons are handsome young men and her eldest daughter Charlotte is already Hollywood material. This is the type of glamour Monaco was built upon by PR and PG. The special also talked about PSís life style and her children. However, it was mainly focused on PR and PG lives together and their building of Monaco.

IMO, I thought the special was very interesting.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:53 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

"MONACO Oct 09, 2006 . The royal family of Monaco at the exhibition ACTE 2, presenting the future Art museum of Monaco"

(Pictures by Olivier Almondo/belga)
Old 10-10-2006, 05:09 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The Deadline caption has some more details about the exhibition:
"Prince Albert II of Monaco and his sister S.A.R. Princess Caroline of Hanover inaugurate an exhibition wich is with the thema : Acte 2 Light, Transparency Opacity, at the Quai Antoine 1er in Monaco. His guided during the visit was Jean Michel Bonhours, director of the new National Museum of Monaco. The exhibition takes place to 10 october until 26 november 2006."

(© Bruno Bebert / Deadline Photo Press)
Old 10-10-2006, 05:29 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks Iceflower in that second pic Caroline is doing a Stephanie stand.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:47 AM
Aristocracy

The patterned shirt she is wearing reminds me of the one she used to wear in her St. Remy / Vincent Lindon days. In fact, he wore it once as well, if I'm remembering correctly.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:04 AM
Courtier

must say I like caroline better with longer hair ,
Old 10-10-2006, 08:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939
must say I like caroline better with longer hair ,
I do as well! Short hair just doesn't suit her!
Old 10-10-2006, 08:58 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADKER18
Thanks Iceflower in that second pic Caroline is doing a Stephanie stand.
You're right RADKER. That is definately a Stephanie stance. I think her new short do is cute but the longer hair was prettier. As a woman, I can understand her wanting to cut it though. Taking care of long hair can be a pain in the butt.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:26 PM
Nobility

She looks so much like Stephanie when she had her hair short like this, and you're right RADKER, a total Steph pose!

Ani
Old 10-10-2006, 08:59 PM
Aristocracy

I love her new haircut . it is so modern and daring! ! she looks 10 years younger.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:21 AM
Aristocracy

I like her new short hair too. Steph and Caro look very much the same these days. They have a very similar haircut and colour. Princess Caroline looks like she has lost some weight. She looks very thin. What do you think?