Princely Family of Monaco Current Events 2 : June 2006 - May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i guess that also means that she is one step closer of being engaged to PA? wow, i can only imagine what are the things she can do now, like going to the balls, vacations, meeting important people.....:cool:

charlotte really looked beautiful in the last picture... pretty smile like that can always make a boy move mountains for her.....

Here is the missing pic from the Paris Match reportage. It is from Frau im Spiegel:

frauimspiegel3di4.jpg

Thanx tbhrc!
Prince Ernst closing this famous photosession..Great pic!:)

tbhrc said:
Here is the missing pic from the Paris Match reportage. It is from Frau im Spiegel:
It looks to me like Ernst could have just said "How does it feel to be in the hot seat, buddy boy!! Thanks for taking the heat off of me!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just left another thread of TRF on royal greeting, (i.e. curtsey and bowing, air kissing, etc.) of royal families. Is there any particular reason why the Grimaldi family never receives or extend this type of greeting? Is this only for Kings and Queens? I was under the impression it was for all royal Heads of State, princesses and princes as a respectful gesture. Does it only go by rank? Does anyone have any information? I am curious. Thanks :)

Here is this weeks cover of Point de Vue with Albert and Caroline on it, and this is the caption. Is anyone able to translate it? The google translation seems to be crap.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]AINE OU CADET QUI A LA MEILLEURE PLACE?[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Ainé ou cadet, quelle que soit la place que l'on occupe dans la fratrie, rien n'est jamais simple. Dans les familles royales, le premier hérite d'un destin tout tracé, de la gloire et des devoirs subséquents. Le second, délivré des obligations dynastiques, peut presque agir à sa guise...
[/FONT]
GROIN OR JUNIOR WHO IN THE BEST PLACE? Ainé or junior, whatever the place which one occupies in the phratry, nothing is never simple. In the royal families, the first inherits a destiny very traced, subsequent glory and duties. The second, delivered dynastic obligations, can almost act with his own way...
2003161765422779011_rs.jpg

AOL translation

GROIN OR YOUNGER WHO HAS the BEST PLACE? Ainé or younger, whatever is the place which they occupy in the siblings, nothing is ever simple. In the royal families, the first inherits from a destiny any line, of glory and subsequent duties. The second, issued from dynastic obligations, can almost act in its please...

What is the De Vue suggesting in this excerpt?:ermm: These rags are so cunning in creating havoc.:rolleyes: Are there some disagreements between siblings?:sad: The excerpt is not clear.

Is there someone who subscribes to this tabloid and can share
the article. :flowers:

Thursday, October 5, 2006 at 8:00pm, The Biography Channel will schedule the Grimaldi Dynasty.:)

Show On The Grimaldis On US TV

Tonight (Thursday 10/5) at 8pm EST on the Biography Channel they are going to show "The Grimaldi Dynasty" Just thought I'd let you know.

So did you see it? I would have liked to, but my daughter was having a slow- speed-come-apart as I was trying to get dinner on the table.
I guess that is more important than the Grimaldi's!:)

sesa said:
So did you see it? I would have liked to, but my daughter was having a slow- speed-come-apart as I was trying to get dinner on the table.
I guess that is more important than the Grimaldi's!:)

It's not on till tonite. Maybe you will be able to catch it after all.:) I hope your daughter's ok.

Duh! I can read! I thought it was last night. Good thing I didn't waste time trying to find it! :lol:
and thank you :flowers: , yes, my daughter:wub: is much better this morning. Being 7 is hard especially when your tired and overwhelmed with homework!

Since the show is on EST, it will be on at 5:00 my time, so I'll be able to see it before we go to back to school night! Yeah!
thanks!

I know I will be watching the biography channel tonight.I really want to hear what happens behind those palace walls and get a real inside scoop on what is actually to be born royal or marry a royal.

JackieP said:
Tonight (Thursday 10/5) at 8pm EST on the Biography Channel they are going to show "The Grimaldi Dynasty" Just thought I'd let you know.

I just viewed it. Repeat and old news -- not updated in a few years.

While they contain great information, the three specials that the Biography Channel and A&E run haven't been updated since around 1997. Its rather sad to see them "looking forward to the rest Rainier intends to build". They don't even have his funeral or Albert's ascension after nearly 20 months!

Ann

the "grimaldi dynasty" special last date dated all the way to alberts ascension so i don't know which ones you guys saw, but in mine you could even see pics from the funeral and coronation.

Was the memorial for the anniversary of Princess Grace's death a strictly private affair, without any publicity at all? I never saw anything of it on any news sites. IS this something the Grimaldis do every year or just at the big # anniversary, like 10 years, 20 years, 30 years, etc.?

The Grimaldi Dynasty special did have a few updates. It briefly touched bases on Albert’s accession and his son, Alexandre. The special mentioned to date, PA is still not married. It cited PA’s ideas being different from his father. PA is a liberal ruler versus his father’s iron fist and tough persona who ruled Monaco.

PR along with his wife built Monaco. PA is more into erasing the bad publicity of Monaco’s image as being a shady place for the rich and famous. PA’s focus is on Monaco being a safe natural balanced environment for all. The special touched briefly on how PA was traveling to other countries to drum up tourism for revenue. However, analyst experts feel the direction PA wants to take his country will be very difficult and risky because of whom the country attracts. It is the rich high rollers who reside in Monaco because of the tax laws. It is the wealthy innovators who have other ideas of how Monaco should be developed and these are the people eventually PA will have to answer to. The special also stated PA is not into the glamour like his parents.

The special briefly mentioned PC’s children, who are heirs, and the next generation of Monaco. They will bring back the glamour, glitter and luster that Monaco lost. The special stated PC’s children are raised in the jet-set life style, they are intelligent, speak many different languages, have friends of rich and social standing. Her sons are handsome young men and her eldest daughter Charlotte is already Hollywood material. This is the type of glamour Monaco was built upon by PR and PG. The special also talked about PS’s life style and her children. However, it was mainly focused on PR and PG lives together and their building of Monaco.

IMO, I thought the special was very interesting.:)

"MONACO Oct 09, 2006 . The royal family of Monaco at the exhibition ACTE 2, presenting the future Art museum of Monaco"

(Pictures by Olivier Almondo/belga)

The Deadline caption has some more details about the exhibition:
"Prince Albert II of Monaco and his sister S.A.R. Princess Caroline of Hanover inaugurate an exhibition wich is with the thema : Acte 2 Light, Transparency Opacity, at the Quai Antoine 1er in Monaco. His guided during the visit was Jean Michel Bonhours, director of the new National Museum of Monaco. The exhibition takes place to 10 october until 26 november 2006."

(© Bruno Bebert / Deadline Photo Press)

Thanks Iceflower in that second pic Caroline is doing a Stephanie stand.

The patterned shirt she is wearing reminds me of the one she used to wear in her St. Remy / Vincent Lindon days. In fact, he wore it once as well, if I'm remembering correctly.

must say I like caroline better with longer hair ,

RADKER18 said:
Thanks Iceflower in that second pic Caroline is doing a Stephanie stand.

You're right RADKER. That is definately a Stephanie stance. I think her new short do is cute but the longer hair was prettier. As a woman, I can understand her wanting to cut it though. Taking care of long hair can be a pain in the butt.

She looks so much like Stephanie when she had her hair short like this, and you're right RADKER, a total Steph pose!

Ani

I love her new haircut . it is so modern and daring! ! she looks 10 years younger.:ROFLMAO:

I like her new short hair too. Steph and Caro look very much the same these days. They have a very similar haircut and colour. Princess Caroline looks like she has lost some weight. She looks very thin. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom