The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 02:01 PM
Royal Highness

Stephanie looks cheap if you ask me. No class whatsover.

Old 08-09-2004, 03:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by catinkana84vs.
the reason for why andrea and charlotte does not attend might be the simple reason that none of them are "royal" officialy. They do not carry any title and therfore they do not get a "freeticket" to the ball so to speak...and trust me,a ticket to a ball such as this is VERY expensive. When this is said, my guess is that neither C or A cares to waste several thousands on a couple of boring hours with doscussions conserning politics,money,and whatever old rich people talk about..I know I would rather have a night on the town with my friends...and my guess is so would they!
The last time i heard it was 1000 Euros a ticket...now that is expensive!!!>____<

Old 08-09-2004, 05:39 AM
Courtier

<Removed comments related to a deleted post>

anyhow, stephanie looks really bad. and caroline, nothing really wow about her outfit. it's a pretty boring affair that could have been remedied had the new grimaldis decided to show up.

Old 08-09-2004, 06:12 AM
Nobility

Quote:
<Removed comments related to a deleted post>

anyhow, stephanie looks really bad. and caroline, nothing really wow about her outfit. it's a pretty boring affair that could have been remedied had the new grimaldis decided to show up.
Just wondering, how does one know whether the Red Cross Ball was a marvelous or boring event based on the photo stills? I mean, unless one was present at the ball, how can one really tell that it was a boring affair? The Red Cross Ball had always been a great party. Sure, it would have been nice to see photos of either Charlotte or Andrea at the ball but for what? To satisfy the media hunger for new photos of them? Just curious, that's all.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:22 PM
Gentry

Stephanie at Red Cross Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
although her dress wasn't very regal, stephanie was stunning!! :P
I loved seeing Stephanie at the Ball at all, given that she has boycotted/been excluded from it in recent years. And I also thought she looked terrific. Her evening wear choices can be a bit dicey. Often they empasize the wrong things -- her swimmer's broad shoulders, very muscular arms, or boyish waistline. But I thought this dress suited her well, and I liked her hair not being scraped back tightly as it so often is. I just wish she would wear it a few shades lighter. :)
Old 08-10-2004, 01:31 AM
Royal Highness

It also seems to me that Stephanie has no class :(
Old 08-12-2004, 02:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarotonga
Just wondering, how does one know whether the Red Cross Ball was a marvelous or boring event based on the photo stills? I mean, unless one was present at the ball, how can one really tell that it was a boring affair? The Red Cross Ball had always been a great party. Sure, it would have been nice to see photos of either Charlotte or Andrea at the ball but for what? To satisfy the media hunger for new photos of them? Just curious, that's all.
oh i don't know for sure. i'm sure it's not boring if you're an ultra rich person because parties like the red cross ball would give you a chance to further your connections, and exchange a few, mundane, uninteresting quips with other ultra rich persons... i should know, my father was once a diplomat [he dragged me to balls/ social gatherings] and though i can't recall having attended a party as grand as the RCB [and i have attended some fair share of social events especially in eastern europe, southeast asia], i can't imagine how it would be different. probably more famous faces in it than other parties but then if you spend a few minutes with those people it's either you get stifled by their egos or they get farther and farther away from the image they project and before the evening ends you always wish you were somewhere else. i just can't imagine how another charity ball could be more interesting. unless of course the grimaldi kids are there... %-))))))))

and yes, it would have been nice to see charlotte &/ andrea at the ball not only to satisfy the 'media hunger' but truthfully the hunger of paparazzi patronizing people like us who very much want to see charlotte in a wonderful ball gown for a change instead of the usual jeans or bikini and to see andrea wearing a tuxedo instead of those bohemian clothes he's always in and of course, his hair neatly combed.

Old 08-12-2004, 12:29 PM
Gentry

It would be nice to see the kids at a fancy function. It is always fun and easy on the eyes to look at youth in their prime. Anyone descended from Grace and Ranier are blessed (or cursed) with incredibly good looks. The camera loves them.

Notice how the paparazzi do not photograph as often the royals who are frumpy, dowdy, or just plain not so attractive. (I'm trying to think of which royals those are. Many in the British RF are okay, even cute, but not insanely classically beautiful like the Grimaldi folks.)

I think Charlotte, like her mother in her youth, is stomp-down, head-turning, eye-catching, jaw-dropping gorgeous. Cameras follow people like that.

Plus, I think after all the scandals of Stephanie and Caroline, and the disappointment of Albert not marrying or having children, for whatever reason, royal watchers like us have high hopes to admire the future of the young Monegasques. I, for one, want to be happy and excited for the younger generation there. I hope they make good choices with their good fortunes and are mindful of their reputations and other people's boundaries.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I just joined Royal Blue after LTR was momentarily out of business but i prefer LTR, Royal Blue just doesn't seem the same... ^__^
Old 11-15-2004, 05:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Caroline, Albert and Stephanie (together), Pictures and News Thread

Thought I'd start a thread on all the news and pics of the siblings together.

Princess Stephanie of Monaco and Prince Albert distribute gifts to the Monaco Red Cross for the elderly in Monaco on Monday, 15 November 2004 to mark Monaco's national holiday which takes place on 19 November. EPA/David Niviere FRANCE OUT
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00313082.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	56614   Click image for larger version

Name:	00313084.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	56615   Click image for larger version

Name:	00313085.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	56616  
Old 11-15-2004, 05:51 PM
Royal Highness

Great idea for starting thread of siblings together! Finally they are family..
Old 11-16-2004, 06:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

some more pics from when Prince Albert and Princess Stephanie distributed presents to the old people at the Monaco Red Cross on Monaco's National Day.

From Colourpress
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	56951   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	56952   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	56953   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	56954  

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	56955   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	56956   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	56957   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	56958  

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	56959   Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	56960  
Old 11-16-2004, 08:40 PM
Nobility

I must admit I think Stephanie looks very nice with her hair like that. I'm usually a Stephanie basher, but she is quite attractive with her hair normal looking.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:24 AM
Aristocracy

I think they worked on this project last year too. I wish Stephanie would lighten
her hair and not wear black it just makes her look older and more masculine.But at least she hasn't gone back to cornrows.
Wittykitty.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:13 PM
Nobility

I agree with that, but I'm just relieved she stopped that curling Lionel-Richie thing. That was horrifying
Old 11-17-2004, 05:38 PM
Royal Highness

I think that Stephanie looks very pretty in that last pic. She looks happy and healthy. I like her dress as well.
Old 11-19-2004, 07:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Monaco National Day 2004

National Day celebrations in Monte Carlo, Monaco
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	58096   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	58097   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	58098   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	58099  

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	58100   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	58101   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	58102   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	58103  

Old 11-19-2004, 08:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Rainer attend?Caroline looks very nice!But Stephanie doesn't wear hat or wear nicer.This day is the national Day!Not wear like that.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 11-19-2004, 09:38 AM
Gentry

more pics!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	oo.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	58123   Click image for larger version

Name:	ooo.jpg
Views:	105