The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 02:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
... The American delegation will probably not consist of any important political figures, since they are still sulking about Caroline openly demonstrating her dislike of Bush...
I must have missed that one. When did Princess Caroline demonstrate her dislike for Bush?

Old 11-07-2005, 03:07 PM
Serene Highness

at the cannes filmfestival she gave 30min standing ovations for michael moores movie and she also published an open letter denouncing the polution of former american army stations in the philipines causing malformations on children and asking the US to take their responsibilities. She also made a high profile visit with lots of journalists to the area. A documentary was shown on TMC earlier this year. In an interview (don't remember who with) she made clear whom she didn't want to see in the WH without of course explicitly mentioning names.

Old 11-07-2005, 08:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
at the cannes filmfestival she gave 30min standing ovations for michael moores movie and she also published an open letter denouncing the polution of former american army stations in the philipines causing malformations on children and asking the US to take their responsibilities. She also made a high profile visit with lots of journalists to the area. A documentary was shown on TMC earlier this year. In an interview (don't remember who with) she made clear whom she didn't want to see in the WH without of course explicitly mentioning names.
Thanks, Paca!

Wow, I didn't know that part on the open letter and that documentary although I know Caroline was upset enough to write Pres. Bush a letter (was that the same open letter?). She was here last year. I'm from the Philippines and I'm very touched that Princess Caroline is trying to get the American government to clean up the mess- toxic wastes, yes -they left behind. The ex-American bases here are now leisure and industrial areas, quite pretty, but I never drink from the tap water there! Scared of the toxic wastes. Actually, I don't think our own officials here care that much - or if they do, they won't do anything about it - that's why Caroline's gesture and concern are all the more endearing! :)

Looking forward to festivities next weekend!

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 11-07-2005, 09:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I did not know that..Thanks for the info.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:39 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica17
Thanks, Paca!

Wow, I didn't know that part on the open letter and that documentary although I know Caroline was upset enough to write Pres. Bush a letter (was that the same open letter?). She was here last year. I'm from the Philippines and I'm very touched that Princess Caroline is trying to get the American government to clean up the mess- toxic wastes, yes -they left behind. The ex-American bases here are now leisure and industrial areas, quite pretty, but I never drink from the tap water there! Scared of the toxic wastes. Actually, I don't think our own officials here care that much - or if they do, they won't do anything about it - that's why Caroline's gesture and concern are all the more endearing! :)

Looking forward to festivities next weekend!
the open letter was her response to Bushes non response to her letter. Apparently she evoked the problem several times, but some government guy just said that the US didn't have any contracts with the Philippines to clean up there waste. ( I think she wasn't very impressed that she wrote to the president and got an answer from one of the minions of Rumsfeld who wasn't even competent in the matter). I also talked to a friend of mine who worked in the government committee for the environment (she is a member of a former presidential candidates family) but she said it was very difficult to work with foreign ONGs because they were only allowed to work with selected organizations. I was also told that former US government officials proposed their help, but demanded incredible amounts of money for equipment etc. and even though they had exact information about the problems they claimed to need the equipment to find out what was there of course they do that with all the pureness in there hearts and no money in mind
Old 11-08-2005, 10:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
the open letter was her response to Bushes non response to her letter. Apparently she evoked the problem several times, but some government guy just said that the US didn't have any contracts with the Philippines to clean up there waste. ( I think she wasn't very impressed that she wrote to the president and got an answer from one of the minions of Rumsfeld who wasn't even competent in the matter). I also talked to a friend of mine who worked in the government committee for the environment (she is a member of a former presidential candidates family) but she said it was very difficult to work with foreign ONGs because they were only allowed to work with selected organizations. I was also told that former US government officials proposed their help, but demanded incredible amounts of money for equipment etc. and even though they had exact information about the problems they claimed to need the equipment to find out what was there of course they do that with all the pureness in there hearts and no money in mind
Paca,thank you very much for this! I agree with you on all points. Yes, unfortunately my government didn't compel the American government to clean up their toxic wastes. Why not is beyond me? The point of Caroline's letter, if I remember it right, is that even though the American government doesn't have any legal obligation to clean up the toxic wastes, it's the moral and humane thing to do.

Well, the American government can sulk all they want about Caroline's views. She's right any way you look at it. She's definitely a great person, not only for Monaco, but for the world! :)

Looking forward to the official enthronement of PA II next weekend......

Old 11-09-2005, 03:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by assia
Who has an idea of the personnalities who are going to attend the coronation cerremonies ?
I just heard at rehearsal that the French government will be represented by his foreign minister Douste-Blazy. I suppose if Chirac came we would have some more cars on fire down here. And people might even try to cause trouble in MC. the way it was said though, I suppose that originally Chirac had been expected to attend.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:51 PM
Courtier

So wait.....when's Monaco's National Day?
They make the best husbands!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2005, 08:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by runaway princess
So wait.....when's Monaco's National Day?
November 19. :)

Old 12-14-2005, 12:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Albert II of Monaco, center, with his sisters Princess Caroline of Hanover, left, and Princess Stephanie of Monaco arrive at the Christmas tree party, in the Monaco palace, Wednesday, Dec. 14, 2005

from polfoto
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	81.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	220672   Click image for larger version

Name:	82.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	220673   Click image for larger version

Name:	83.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	220674   Click image for larger version

Name:	84.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	220675  

Name:	85.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	220676   Click image for larger version

Name:	86.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	220677   Click image for larger version

Name:	87.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	220678   Click image for larger version

Name:	88.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	220679  

Old 12-14-2005, 12:21 PM
Majesty

More from Yahoo News (AP;Reuters)

Old 12-14-2005, 12:22 PM
Majesty

Old 12-14-2005, 12:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Images from getty
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	56430407.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	220680   Click image for larger version

Name:	56430413.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	220681   Click image for larger version

Name:	100.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	220685   Click image for larger version

Name:	101.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	220686  

Old 12-14-2005, 12:31 PM
Majesty

More from Newscom

Old 12-14-2005, 12:37 PM
Majesty

More from Newscom

Old 12-14-2005, 12:42 PM
Majesty

More from Newcom

Old 12-14-2005, 12:51 PM
Majesty

Old 12-14-2005, 01:42 PM
Majesty

More from Newscom

Michelle or Sebastian could you please post the Sipa pics? Thanks
Old 12-14-2005, 02:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sure , here are the pictures from SIPA:

... the princeses look just amazing. The three Grimaldi are wonderful ...

Old 12-14-2005, 03:37 PM
Serene Highness

I love the santa tie . I just met someone who was at the palace today when the children where received and he was so annoyed (almost out raged) about the parents letting their children enter the palace with jeans and sneakers and their hair not properly combed . Seeing those pictures with all those cute children and how much fun everyone is having, I am now reconfirmed that some people are just overdoing their devotion PA and his sisters don't seem to mind ad everyone just seems to be in happy holiday spirits. Just love tose pics.