The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 01:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco70s
His Holliness The Pope John Paul II is agonizing and unconscious.

God bless him and all the church.

I mention him since we talked about him here and he prayed for Rainier.
I share yout thoughts, monaco. So bad news come from Vatican in this hours..:(

Old 04-01-2005, 01:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

I share ur thoughts Michelle and Ianna. It's on the news on TV now.

Old 04-01-2005, 02:18 PM
Serene Highness

Now I have the hope avatar, for Ranier and the Pope Juan Pablo.

I hope they recover soon , although on TV says that the Pope is really bad.
My prays are to Ranier and his family
Old 04-01-2005, 02:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yahoo! says the Pope is reportedl dead. Officialy it hasn't been confirmed by the Vatican or the Italian news agencies.

I'm praying :(
Old 04-01-2005, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco70s
Yahoo! says the Pope is reportedl dead. Officialy it hasn't been confirmed by the Vatican or the Italian news agencies.

I'm praying :(
There is already a thread to follow Pope John Paul's condition here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=5486
Old 04-01-2005, 03:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks Alexandria for telling us :(
Old 04-01-2005, 06:04 PM
Heir Apparent

http://www.colourpress.com/index.cfm...reSerieNo=4724

Princess Caroline and her son Andrea praying for Rainier and the pope

Monaco's Archbishop Bernard Barsi (L) stands near as Princess Caroline of Monaco (C) and her son Andrea (R) leave the cathedral after attending a mass for pope and the Prince of Monaco
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0001.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	119021   Click image for larger version

Name:	0002.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	119022   Click image for larger version

Name:	0003.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	119023  
Old 04-01-2005, 06:33 PM
Serene Highness

There are also pictures from Rueters on aolnews that have Caroline in the cathedral...this is soo sad... I'm not going to be around TV or computers this weekend because I'm going to a bull farm but I hope the situation hasn't worsened when I return Sunday evening...

Tonight on the news it showed more footage or Rainier's live, tonight was a lot about Grace... *tear*
Old 04-01-2005, 07:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for posting the pics.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Can anyone who has acces to colourpress please post the pics of Prince Rainier in the french mags? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Aristocracy

the Italian Media have said The Pope is Dead but the Vatican says his not but serious and at his death bed now
Old 04-01-2005, 11:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRedDevils
the Italian Media have said The Pope is Dead but the Vatican says his not but serious and at his death bed now
Did you not see this post?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
There is already a thread to follow Pope John Paul's condition here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...read.php?t=5486
This thread is about Prince Rainier and his health condition. It is unfortunate that the world is losing two great men at the same time but they aren't interchangeable and out of respect for Prince Rainier it would be better if this thread could be strictly for updates on Prince Rainier and prayers for him, not about the Pope.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Updated: 09:18 AM EDT

Monaco's Rainier in stable but weak condition
MONACO, April 3 (Reuters) - The health of Prince Rainier of Monaco, who has been in intensive care for almost two weeks, remained stable on Sunday but his hopes of recovery were extremely weak, a source close to the palace said. "There is neither a deterioration nor a notable improvement in the health of the monarch, but the likelihood of a favourable outcome remains extremely weak," the source told Reuters.
On Friday, Rainier's doctors described the 81-year-old monarch's state of health as "precarious". Rainier's son, Albert, 47, has assumed the his sick father's duties as monarch of the tiny state on the Mediterranean coast.
I left the rest of the report off.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

April 4, 2005

Quote:
Updated: 05:57 AM EDT
Monaco's Rainier stable in hospital, poor prognosis
MONACO, April 4 (Reuters) - Prince Rainier of Monaco was in a stable condition on Monday after nearly two weeks in a hospital intensive care unit and doctors remained cautious about his chances of recovery.

"The condition his Serene Highness Prince Rainier III remains stable," the doctors said in a medical bulletin released by the palace. "The prognosis is, however, still reserved."

The bulletin gave no further details about the 81-year-old prince's health.

Doctors described his condition on Friday as "precarious". Rainier's son, Albert, 47, has assumed his father's duties as monarch of the tiny state on the Mediterranean coast.

Rainier, the widower of Hollywood film star Grace Kelly who died in a car crash in 1982, has been in intensive care since March 22 suffering from lung, heart and kidney problems.

Rainier ascended to the throne in Europe's last constitutional autocracy in 1949.

He has led Monaco -- a 2.5 sq km (1 sq mile) territory tucked between the French town of Nice and the Italian border -- into an age of skyscrapers, international banking and business.

04/04/05 09:56 ET
Latest update
Old 04-04-2005, 02:30 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you for the update Lady MacAlpine!
Things aren´t much better for Ranier but thanks to God that things aren´t worst for him!
I hope he recover soon, and God bless him and all his family
Old 04-04-2005, 08:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the update also :(
Old 04-04-2005, 08:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

04/04/05 10:11 Edt

Updated: 10:13 AM EDT
Quote:
Prince Rainier Remains in Stable Condition
By JOCELYN GECKER, AP
MONACO (AP) - Monaco's ailing Prince Rainier III remained in stable condition Monday, but the "vital prognosis" was guarded, the royal palace said.
The brief medical update provided no details on the condition of the 81-year-old monarch, who has been in intensive care since March 22 with respiratory, heart and kidney trouble.

"The biological parameters are on the whole stable," said the statement, issued by the palace and signed by Rainier's team of three doctors. "However, the vital prognosis remains guarded."

Rainier, Europe's longest-serving living monarch, had been hospitalized at Monaco's Cardio-Thoracic Center in early March because of a chest infection. After suffering a setback, he was transferred to intensive care on March 22, and placed on a respirator after suffering heart and lung failure.

Rainier's 47-year-old son and heir, Prince Albert, took over Thursday as regent of the tiny Mediterranean principality, taking charge of all royal duties but not assuming the throne. Rainier's wife, the American movie star Grace Kelly, died in a car crash in 1982.

The death of Pope John Paul II was a blow to Albert and his sisters, Princesses Caroline and Stephanie.

"The death of the sovereign pontiff wounds our souls - my sisters' and mine - at a moment when our dearly beloved father is struggling with affliction," Albert said in a message Sunday to the Vatican. "This news marks us with profound emotion and with immense pain that we share with the Catholic Church."

John Paul had given Rainier a special apostolic blessing as recently as March 26.

The Roman Catholic Grimaldi family has run the principality for more than 700 years, and Rainier has ruled since 1949.

On Sunday, worshippers wept, knelt in prayer and lit candles for both men. Flags were lowered to half-staff for the pope.

04/04/05 10:11 EDT
Old 04-05-2005, 02:31 AM
Aristocracy

I feel the new info will come after Friday...
Old 04-05-2005, 04:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hope not...
Old 04-06-2005, 02:28 AM
Aristocracy

I do not mean the bad news.
I do hope to the good news too and hope that Pope' John Paul II prayer and special blessing will help Prince Ranier.

Closed Thread