The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 06:06 AM
Majesty

colourpress.com

Prince Rainiero of Monaco has spent sometime in the south of Spain with the company of his son and inheriting, Albert, the eternal single.
We could see Prince Rainier a bit tired. He walked by his feet along the field of play, but always with someone close to him. Otherwise, Albert was very concentrated in his play.
They have been in the Sun Coast, in the south of Spain, to stay somedays of peace and relax in this beautiful part of this country.
They wear the appropriate golf clothes: in blue for Rainier and white for Albert. They did a stop to drink something fresh and, after, they continued playing golf under a sun shining.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	21628   Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	21629  

Old 10-16-2003, 12:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah you're right Galiesto , Stephanies eyes get that small as well when she smiles....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	MONAKO_STEPHANIE_023.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	21657  

Old 10-22-2003, 08:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Copyright Imagine Scandinavia/Korpa - Madrid, Spain. MONACO'S PRINCE Rainier AND PRINCE ALBERT ARRIVED IN PRIVETE PLANE TO ATTENDED FOOTBALL MATCH AT A CORUA BEETWEN MONACO TEAM AND DEPORTIVO.

Polfoto 06-12-2003. Monaco. Inauguration of the Christmas Village by the Prince Rainier of Monaco on the Albert I quay. The Prince Rainier rolls in an electric car.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ranier.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	23363   Click image for larger version

Name:	rainer_pat_down.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	23364   Click image for larger version

Name:	albert_shaking_hands.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	23365   Click image for larger version

Name:	ranier_1.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	30062  

Name:	ranier_2.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	30064   Click image for larger version

Name:	ranier_3.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	30065  
Old 12-07-2003, 04:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

I didn't know the Duke Of Edimburgh visited Monaco in 1951. Interesting pic. I do remember him being photographed with Princess Grace and Prince Rainier in the late 60s.
Old 12-07-2003, 05:15 PM
Gentry

monaco70s..yeah i posted that pic with Rainier and the Duke from Hulton Archive...that is a pretty interesting pic :P Do you happen to have the pic of him with rainier and grace in the 60's?
Old 12-07-2003, 05:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes I do I'll post later if ya want.
Old 12-07-2003, 05:31 PM
Gentry

Sure that would be great, thanx!
Old 12-07-2003, 08:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Okay here is the pic B) I think it was taken in 1967.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	gracerainerdukeofedin.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	30117  
Old 12-17-2003, 09:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hope Prince Rainier gets well soon.
Old 12-21-2003, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Yahoo News

Monaco's Prince Rainier Returns Home

MONACO - Prince Rainier III of Monaco returned to his royal residence Sunday after being hospitalized for five days with flu symptoms, the palace said.

The 80-year-old prince was admitted Tuesday to a heart and chest clinic in the principality. He was discharged Sunday afternoon, according to the brief statement.

Rainier underwent heart surgery in 1999. He had two operations in 2000 and was hospitalized in 2002 for fatigue and bronchitis.

Rainier's wife, movie star Grace Kelly, died in a car crash in 1982.

Monaco, smaller than New York's Central Park, was once a sleepy resort favored by European royalty. Now, it is a tax haven popular with celebrities, financiers and sports figures.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:16 PM
Royal Highness

According to Yahoo News Germany and AFP Prince Rainier of Monaco has been hospitalized again this Friday, January 2nd 2004 because of continuing weakness.

Fürst Rainier von Monaco erneut im Krankenhaus

Bild vergrößern
Monaco (AFP)

Fürst Rainier III. von Monaco ist erneut ins Krankenhaus eingeliefert worden. Der 80-Jährige leide unter "allgemeiner Erschöpfung", teilte das monegassische Fürstenhaus mit. Rainier, der dienstälteste Monarch Europas, ist seit langem gesundheitlich angeschlagen. Er war kurz vor Weihnachten wegen einer Grippe-Infektion fünf Tage lang stationär im Herz-Lungen-Zentrum von Monaco behandelt worden.

"Seine Hoheit Rainier III. von Monaco ist am Nachmittag ins Herz-Lungen-Zentrum von Monaco eingeliefert worden", erklärte das Fürstenhaus nun. Die behandelnden Ärzte Vincent Dor und Jean-Joseph Pastor hätten einen "Zustand allgemeiner Erschöpfung" festgestellt und Rainier "für einige Tage einer durchgehenden medizinischen Kontrolle unterzogen". Rainier hatte vom 16. bis 21. Dezember im selben Krankenhaus gelegen und die Feiertage dann im Kreis seiner Familie verbracht.

Monacos seit 1949 amtierender Fürst wurde bereits im Mai 2002 wegen "allgemeiner Erschöpfung" und im November 2002 wegen einer Lungenerkrankung im Krankenhaus behandelt. In den vergangenen Monaten war er mehrfach in der Öffentlichkeit aufgetreten. Den Verlust seiner Frau, der Hollywood-Diva Grace Kelly, 1982 durch einen Autounfall hatte Rainier lange nicht verwinden können.
Old 01-02-2004, 05:51 PM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

I hope it's not too bad and HSH is home with his family soon....the American press made it sound very serious.
Old 01-02-2004, 07:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Can anyone tell me what Prince Ranier has been hospitalized for this time?

And not that I would wish for this to happen at this time, but hypothetically, if Prince Ranier were to pass away, would Albert succeed him? I ask because I am a bit fuzzy on the specifics of what would happen since Albert does not have an heir. (Sorry if this is a repeated question.)
Old 01-02-2004, 07:25 PM
Royal Highness

I don't mean to be morbid but what is going to happen if Rainier suddenly dies? Prince Albert will become reigning prince, correct?
Old 01-02-2004, 07:56 PM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

Here's how I read the constitutional ammendments:

Immediately upon his father's death, Albert inherits the throne (and becomes the sovereign) Caroline becomes in effect the new "Crown Princess" - without the title - it is reserved for Albert's child only. So unless of course Albert formally adopts a child - such as Andrea, the only HSH will be Caroline, Stephanie and Antoinette. If Albert marries and has a child then this child of course takes the title of Crown Prince(ss).

However, a recent modification to the Monaco law immediate places Caroline and her children immediately in line for the thrown after Albert and any of his heirs. That means that if Albert then dies and he has no heirs that Caroline inherits. She then has Andrea (who becomes Crown Prince), and then the line becomes Andrea, Charlotte, Pierre, Alexandra, Stephanie, her three children, Antoinette and her children, their children, etc.

Albert always has the right to adopt or marry and have children the old fashioned way of course.

...this is of course as I understand it.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:03 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Probably AP:

"Prince Rainier, the 80-year-old ruler of Monaco, was readmitted to
hospital today because of "general fatigue", his office said.

It was Rainier's second spell in hospital in less than three weeks.
He was last discharged on December 21 after five days in a Monaco
heart and chest clinic to treat flu symptoms.

This time, Rainier is in "a state of general fatigue" and returned
to the clinic so he could be kept under "constant medical
surveillance for several days", his palace said in a brief statement.

Rainier underwent heart surgery in 1999. He had two operations in
2000 and was admitted to hospital in 2002 for fatigue and bronchitis.

Rainier's wife, film star Grace Kelly, died in a car crash in 1982.

Nestled on the Mediterranean coast between Italy and the French
Riviera, Monaco is a tax haven popular with celebrities, financiers
and sports figures."
Old 01-23-2004, 03:16 AM
Aristocracy

Glad to see Prince Ranier get out of the hospital. I'm happy he is well rested and feeling better. This probably a good birthday present for Caroline. :)
Old 01-23-2004, 10:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's great to hear that he is back at the Palace now :)
Old 01-23-2004, 10:33 AM
Serene Highness

I am SOO happy is back home!! I was having a horrible feeling about him but hopefully is back in good shape!!
Old 02-22-2004, 12:42 PM
Heir Apparent

What terrible news. He is at a very fragile age that things like this can really set you back.

Here is the article that sherry11 mentioned, from Yahoo News:

Monaco's Prince Rainier hospitalized for heart problems

MONACO (AFP) - Monaco's 80-year-old Prince Rainier has been hospitalized for the third time in two months, suffering from "acute heart problems," the palace said.

"Biological exams confirmed this diagnosis corresponded with a new coronary lesion situated just below the heart bypass operation carried out in November 1994," a medical statement put out by the palace said.

It added that the lesion was "immediately brought under control".

The prince, who was admitted Saturday afternoon, would remain in hospital "in principle for several days", it said.

Prince Rainier was hospitalised from December 16 to 21 with an attack of influenza, and from January 2 to 22 as a result of a "state of general fatigue."

Since his return to the palace, he has not been seen in public.

The prince is one of the world's longest-reigning monarchs. He acceded to power in the tiny Mediterranean enclave in 1949, three years before Britain's Queen Elizabeth II.