Old 03-31-2005, 03:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the translation

Old 03-31-2005, 04:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Updated: 02:45 PM EST
Prince Albert Assumes Monaco Royal Powers

MONACO (AP) - Groomed from birth to rule, Prince Albert took over Monaco's royal powers on Thursday, assuming all but the throne in the tiny principality after a royal commission decided his critically ill father is too sick to perform his duties.
The announcement by the royal palace marked the first time since 1949 that Prince Rainier III - Europe's longest-serving ruler - has not been in control of the Mediterranean realm smaller than New York's Central Park and famed as a playground for the rich and famous.

Albert, 47, is the only son of Rainier and his late wife, Grace Kelly, the American beauty who exchanged Hollywood stardom for the life of a princess.

Well-traveled, multilingual and Monaco's top ambassador in recent years, the unmarried Albert is also regarded as a shy, even reluctant, heir. Sports are a love: He is a five-time bobsledding Olympian and has headed Monaco's Olympic committee since 1994.

Albert promised to devote himself "with strength, conviction and passion" to his new role as regent.

"The state of health of our father remains very fragile," he said in a statement. "Today, faced with the difficulty for my father in exercising his high functions, I will assume all of the royal powers in his name."

Rainier, 81, was hospitalized March 7 and has been in intensive care for 10 days with breathing, kidney and heart problems.

The Council of the Crown, a commission appointed by Rainier, met Thursday at the royal palace that overlooks Monaco's yacht-filled harbor and decided after weighing his doctors' diagnosis that the ailing prince can no longer rule.

The regency means Albert takes over royal powers while Rainier is sick, but his father could regain them if he recovers, said palace spokesman Armand Deus. Rainier keeps the throne.

"The sovereign prince is still Prince Rainier III," said Deus.

Albert has been groomed to rule the principality that has been run by his family - the Grimaldis - for seven centuries.

But he has remained heirless - causing so much concern that the constitution was revised in 2002 to ensure the continuation of the dynasty. His older sister - Princess Caroline, now 48 - would succeed him. She in turn, would be succeeded by her oldest son, Andrea Albert Pierre, 20.

Albert studied in the United States, at Amherst College in Massachusetts, after receiving his high school baccalaureate diploma in 1976. He returned home in 1981 after being awarded a degree in political science.

Befriended by numerous celebrities, Albert has remained doggedly his own person and, despite his retiring nature, increasingly assumed the role as Monaco's public face as his father grew frail.

There had long been speculation that Rainier, his health increasingly fragile, would turn over power to his son. But the decision was finally made for him, when Rainier's long-failing health became critical.

More than a week of medical updates appear to have prepared the principality for the regency.

"We were waiting for this," said Carlos Gonzales, a Monaco tour guide. "This is a way of saying his (Prince Rainier's) condition is irreversible. We all knew the end was coming."

The last statement from Rainier's three doctors, issued Wednesday, said the prince remained in stable condition, thanks to kidney dialysis and other treatment. The statement said the next update would come in 48 hours, an unusual move after nearly daily reports on his health.
The words of Carlos Gonzales says what I was unable to. As the readers of the Forum are aware I can relate to how the family is feeling in many ways. The difference when the time came I was allowed to grieve in private they won't be able to. It was best for Albert to do it now then wait until his father passed for many reasons. The pressure on him has just begun and the change of power before hand will be easier on him in the coming days.

I want to ask again that you show support for him and the family by lighting the Hope Candle Avatar Julia made from Iceflower that the three of us have lite. You can change them back later to whatever you like. Its a small thing to ask. Come on lady's and gents of The Royal Forum do more then show how you feel then with words. Lite up there are no matches involved or danger to your health to do so.
Lite the candle, Lite la vela, Lite la bougie, Lite die Kerze, Lite la candela, Lite a vela. Come on we are from all around the world and of the Royal Court here. All right all of you from the States like me Princess Grace was one of our's. Do it in her memory for her husband and children. Julia said in a PM she wished more would lite it. I told her to lite one under the moderators etc. It will take only a minute or two to go to the user control panel and change the avatar.

Old 03-31-2005, 04:58 PM
Serene Highness

is it correct to say the torch has passed? only reason why i say that is because prince rainer is so sick, prince albert must take over, mustn't he?
Old 03-31-2005, 05:08 PM
Nobility

Does anybody know how to access the photos on colourpress and brainpix about Albert's new role? Thanks!
Old 03-31-2005, 05:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
is it correct to say the torch has passed? only reason why i say that is because prince rainer is so sick, prince albert must take over, mustn't he?
Yes, it is and a Hope Candle Avatar would look pretty by your name.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

I've already lit my hope candle...
Old 03-31-2005, 05:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you Monaco70's
Old 03-31-2005, 08:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just talked someone through the loading of the Hope Candle Avatar for those of you haveing trouble enter URL
http://www.theroyalforums.com/attach...atar4942_1.gif Or click on any of our avatars properties them paste it.

load it and Ignore the message you get it should have loaded From city to city and country to country shine your ray of light. Let us stand out as the most Royal of all Forums the best royal court to ever unite under one word HOPE. Click another one was lite.
Attached Images

Old 03-31-2005, 08:46 PM
Nobility

My candle is lit too and I am hoping and praying for the best. What beautiful idea!
Keep the candle burning...
Old 03-31-2005, 09:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Here's my candle of hope for prince Ranier so he may get better and return home to his famil ^___^ and also for all the good people of this beautiful world ^__^
Old 03-31-2005, 09:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

You can also save the avatar on ur computer by right clicking and then Save Image As...
Old 03-31-2005, 09:09 PM
Aristocracy

I am keeping HSH Prince Rainier, and his family in my thoughts and prayers. May he not suffer, and may his family find the strength to get through all of this. Also, may the people of Monaco know that we are with them all as they deal with all this anxiety and uncertainty.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I see the light is beginning to shine
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2005, 07:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Friday, April 1st 2005

Bulletin Medical

The situation of health of Prince Rainier III is still very worrisome.

The medical team, in complete consent/agreement with the princely children, will follow and keep on the treatment.

Still, the hope for a favorable outcome satys extremly reserved.

Le vendredi 1er avril 2005

Bulletin Médical

L'état de santé de Son Altesse Sérénissime le Prince Rainier III reste toujours précaire.

Toutefois, l'équipe médicale, en plein accord avec les Enfants Princiers, estime justifié, pour le moment, de poursuivre une thérapeutique active.

Cependant, l'espoir d'une issue favorable demeure extrêmement faible.

Pr. Vincent Dor
Dr. Françoise Montiglio
Dr. Jean-Joseph Pastor

Pr. Jean-Charles Piette, Chef du Service de médecine interne de l'Hôpital La Pitié Salpetrière de Paris

Pr. Claude Gibert, Chef du Service de réanimation de l'Hôpital La Pitié Salpetrière de Paris

Old 04-01-2005, 08:38 AM
Royal Highness

Thanx for update Michelle! I noticed that now are two Parisian doctors joined to Prince Rainier's medical team..

Hope everything it will work out fine..My prayers are with Prince and family..
Old 04-01-2005, 09:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

My thoughts are with the family and Monaco too. I wrote a message in French, to make it more personal tot he people of monaco. My french isnt that good so forgive me if its abit off. Can someone tell me if what i have written is right?

Au peuple du Monaco, nos pensées sont avec vous en vos heures plus foncées. Le prince Rainer et sa famille mieux sera soulagé par l'appui de leurs personnes. De nouveau, nos pensées sont avec vous. Je sais d'où je viens, l'Australie, est très loin du Monaco, je suis toujours attristé par ces nouvelles.

This is what i said:
To the people of Monaco,
Our thoughts are with you in your darkest hours. Prince Rainer and his family will best be comforted by the support of their people. Once again, our thoughts are with you. I know where I come from, Australia, is very far from Monaco, I am still saddened by this news.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

It is perfectly alright this way, Australian .....
Old 04-01-2005, 10:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the update Michelle, it seems things are still worrying. My prayers are with Prince Rainier, his family, and the Monegasques.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

His Holliness The Pope John Paul II is agonizing and unconscious.

God bless him and all the church.

I mention him since we talked about him here and he prayed for Rainier.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

My god guid his holiness to heaven...give him peace and freedom....