Prince Albert II of Monaco Current Events - Part 30: April 2013 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never heard that Albert could speak Spanish - French, English and Italian definitely and I suppose, Monégasque but I had not heard about the Spanish. Caroline does (or did) because she studied it for A levels all those years ago.

During the Our Ocean conference in Chile, he didn't use a translation headset, unlike most participants, but was nodding along at the appropriate times to President Bachelet's speech. Unless he was pretending, I'd say he has a firm grasp on the language. Also, if you can understand Chilean Spanish, that means you're very fluent lol.

During the Our Ocean conference in Chile, he didn't use a translation headset, unlike most participants, but was nodding along at the appropriate times to President Bachelet's speech. Unless he was pretending, I'd say he has a firm grasp on the language. Also, if you can understand Chilean Spanish, that means you're very fluent lol.

OK. I wonder when he studied it.

OK. I wonder when he studied it.

He studied it as a student. In one of the books I read, he was speaking in Spanish on the phone when in the presence of a girl friend while in NY. He was in his twenties at the time.

He studied it as a student. In one of the books I read, he was speaking in Spanish on the phone when in the presence of a girl friend while in NY. He was in his twenties at the time.

Cool. They are very talented polyglots in the Grimaldi family.

That's exactly the account I read...that he was in the presence of a girlfriend and took a phone call and began conducting business in very fluent Spanish.:whistling:

iceflower, I got the information about Albert speaking German from an old 1962 magazine interview with Princess Grace for LIFE magazine. She indicated in the article that then 6 year old Caroline and 5 year old Albert spoke English, French and German with fluency.

Last edited:
:previous: With all of that, he could make his way with Italian. :flowers:

iceflower, I got the information about Albert speaking German from an old 1962 magazine interview with Princess Grace for LIFE magazine. She indicated in the article that then 6 year old Caroline and 5 year old Albert spoke English, French and German with fluency.

So that fluency was a little bit longer ago...;):)

Yesterday evening, October 29, the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation hosted a dinner in honour of Winston Churchill at Sotheby's in London.

The Countess of Wessex and Corinna of Sayn-Wittgenstein were present as well:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Corinna Sayn-Wittgenstein manages to encrust herself everywhere.

Last edited:

On November 6 Prince Albert viewed an exhibition by Steve McCurry at the Salle d’Exposition du Quai Antoine 1er in Monaco. 100 photographs, including the artist's most iconic images, in particular the famous portrait of the young green-eyed Afghan girl, are on display.

** fb gallery: Exposition photographique Quai Antoine Ier **

Prince Albert in Cambridge (UK)

Driving into Cambridge UK yesterday morning, I stopped at a cross roads and waited while Prince Albert walked past my car. So bowled over I didn't think to jump out and curtsey! Intrigued to know what he was doing there though.

Well done to the Prince, nice to see his efforts rewarded.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

That''s was sad to what. Good for Albert, it was about time to go there and pay respect to the victims...

Albert did a lot to pay tribute to the victimes, a minute of silence in the palace, a minute of silence before each ceremony at the palace at the giving medals for the national fest, one minute of silence before the defile on the place of the palace, the te deum was not sing during the mass of the national fest and there was also a minute of silence and the 'french anthem' the Marseillaise was played at the gala of the national fest. and no photos were allowed at the gala.
I think Prince Albert did a lot to pay tribute to the victimes of Paris, more than other royals .

Prince Albert was at the United Nations in New York City yesterday, December 14, and met with Ban Ki-moon, Secretary General of the United Nations.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

An interesting article on P Albert's visit to the UN recently with some practical examples of the environmental measures he has introduced on Monaco

http://nyti.ms/1RXJbRR

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Time to close this thread! The new one can be found here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom