Prince Albert II of Monaco Current Events - Part 29: August 2010 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
there is an interview of prince albert on the radio of riviera (spoken in english), he speaks about the environement (meeting of Durban) he speaks about Charlene very nicely, about the princess Grace exhibition in Austealia(he will not be able to attend but he said that Charlene will attend with other members of the family)
The Full English Breakfast | Riviera Radio

I remember seeing the Monaco Garden Photos at the Chelsea Garden show this summer, it was really pretty! Would love to attend the Chelsea Show one year, maybe someday!

I wish the Palace would join the other monarchies that have a YouTube Channel. :rolleyes:

:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

there is an interview of prince albert on the radio of riviera (spoken in english), he speaks about the environement (meeting of Durban) he speaks about Charlene very nicely, about the princess Grace exhibition in Austealia(he will not be able to attend but he said that Charlene will attend with other members of the family)
The Full English Breakfast | Riviera Radio

Fabulous interview. !!

It is a pity that Albert won't be able to travel with Charlene to Australia for the final leg of the "Grace Kelly: Style Icon" exhibition.

The exhibition will be housed in The Bendigo Art Gallery.

Princess Charlene will open the exhibition on March 10, 2012.

There's no reason why individual Grimaldis cannot attend functions singly.

Prince Albert attended the presentation of the Winter Youth Olympic Games Athletes from Monaco
(two competitors for Bobsleigh and one competitor for Alpin Skiing) at the Hotel Fairmont in Monaco
on January 9, 2012.

The 2012 Winter Youth Olympic Games (for youths aged between 14 and 19 years) will take place
in Innsbruck, Austria from January 13 - 22, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **

Finally back home again.
Good to see him at work again, it was getting boring around here :)

Pic 2 **

In this picture is Albert handing something to the young athlete or is it just that he has clasped his hand firmly. ?

If it is the latter then I love it as I love people who give you a good, firm handshake as opposed to a weak, limp one.

Don't mean to be coarse, but Hubba Hubba! A photo full of good looking guys!!!

:previous:

Prince Albert has become the new patron of the World Olympians Association (WOA):

WOA president Joël Bouzou said: “It is a tremendous honour for the World Olympians Association to have H.S.H. Prince Albert II of Monaco as the new patron of our organisation. He is an Olympian and a true humanist who has always believed that the values of sport can change lives and can change society for the better.”

“His involvement and advocacy will greatly increase our influence and will make a huge difference to convince new stakeholders that Olympians across the globe can and should contribute to improve the world in which we live. I can’t thank him enough for his support.”
source

Albert is certainly taking on a high-profile position with this one. He is going to be very busy. Then again, he's always been busy with one thing or another.

Albert is certainly taking on a high-profile position with this one. He is going to be very busy. Then again, he's always been busy with one thing or another.

A little bit of information about the W.O.A.

World Olympians Association

It is tailor made for Albert and he will do a wonderful job.

I expect that Charlene will be a huge support to him in this role.

Great video, Smush. One of the things that I love about Albert is that he is always so enthusiastic, jumping up and down in delight, clapping vigorously and so on. You can tell that his interest is genuine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prince Albert has become the new patron of the World Olympians Association (WOA):

source

Thank you for this!:flowers:

The figure skating boards of which I am a part of are going crazy over YOG, and now to see how further committed Albert is to the Olympics is a sincere joy! :heart:

You are most welcome as always :flowers:

Yesterday, January 13, Prince Albert attended a reception prior to the opening of the first Winter
Youth Olympic Games in Innsbruck, Austria. Crown Prince Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands
was present as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** source **

Prince Albert was present at the alpine skiing finals yesterday, January 14:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

And when would he has his time to be the head and ruler of Monaco????? :bang:

Last edited:

Prince Albert at the Scott Polar Research Dinner at Corpus Christie College at Cambridge University, January 17, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Albert's speech **

Prior to the dinner in presence of the Duke of Edinburgh Prince Albert, also for the commemoration of the centenary
of the Scott expedition, attended a series of lectures delivered by eminent personalities.

On January 16, Albert attended a New Year's reception for the Department of Public Safety in Monaco:

** Pic **

More pics of the reception and the days in Austria can be found here:

** Le prince Albert de Monaco, un bienveillant parrain en pleine fièvre olympique **

Last edited:
It's funny to remember when you see Prince Albert and Prince Phillip together that Alexandra of Hanover is PA's neice and also Prince Phillip's great neice.

Yes, now that you bring it up I find it interesting that they are related by marriage through little Princess Alexandra's father, Prince Ernst August, whose uncle married Prince Philip's sister. Ah, what a small world. :)

It's also good to know that Prince Albert II was there in honor of Prince Albert I, whom also made that long trek to the North Pole decades ago, as did his namesake back in 2006. :cool:

Brrrr, can she imagine how cold it was, especially now that I'm snowed in here in the PNW. *shivers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom