Prince Albert II of Monaco Current Events - Part 29: August 2010 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
monaco begins to be affected by the strikes in the transport and with station of gaziol. The workers who go to monaco to work, have less and less trains and bus to go there because there are strikes in the transports, and there is less and sometimes no more gazoil in the stations in the Paca because there is also strikes in the raffineries.

That's what I was afraid of. It was inevitable, I suspect.

However, Sarko has got a part of his legislation through .... watch this space!

Zonk, I live 20 minutes from the cruise liners' berth ! You will be shipped by motor boat to the landing stage (which is being rebuilt - but not specially for you :))

OH not for me :)

I am very excited. We are stopping in Scotland, Ireland and England. Its the British Isles Cruise.

The quay is known as Hawes Pier. Some pics: Photos* -* Firth of Forth

I wonder if PA and Sarko will be discussing the strikes and their fallout ??
It must be nice to be able to talk things through at Montreux....

From the Elysée Palace:

Site officiel - Présidence de la République

Discours à l'occasion du XIIIe Sommet de la Francophonie à Montreux - Présidence de la République

Riviera Radio just announced two further strike dates: 28th October and 6th November.

One advantage Monaco has is that they can route tourists through Italy and helicopter them to Monaco. That's not practical for workers though.

Yes, no shortage of helipads along the Alpes-Maritimes !

However, the inhabitants of Nice are not happy with the proliferation of the 'copters.

On Thursday, in the Cathedral, there will be the funeral of the Monegasque sculptor Emma de Sigaldi.

Rainier was a great fan of hers, and there is bound to be a large turn out.
I would say PA will also attend.

Monaco has many sculptures (indoors and outdoors) by Emma de Sigaldi, so she won't be forgotten for a while.

French Wikipédia: Emma de Sigaldi - Wikipédia

The annual fête of AS Monaco football club took place on Wednesday in the Auditorium Rainier III. The main event: choosing the best sportsman/woman of the year. This time it's a woman, the athlete Sonia Delprete.

PA was there to congratulate the winner.
Sonia Delprete, sportive de l'année | nicematin.com

Last edited:

On November 8, Prince Albert received HE Mr. Marek Estok, Ambassador Extraordinary
and Plenipotentiary of the Slovak Republic (1) and HE Mr. Altangerel Shukher, Ambassador
Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Mongolia (2). They presented their
credentials and afterwards attended private audiences with Prince Albert.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Trade missions to Poland and the Lebanon:

The CDE (Chambre de Développement Economique) of Monaco has already completed a trade mission to Poland at the end of October 2010, when eighteen Monegasque enterprises visited Warsaw.

The next trade mission will be to the Lebanon - with Prince Albert.
The Lebanese ambassador to France was invited to the Monte-Carlo Beach Hotel last Thursday where 120 Monegasque firms and institutions came together to learn more about Lebanon as an "emerging market".

PA will make a state visit to the Lebanon on January 13th and 14th, and the trade mission itself will last from January 11th to 14th.

CDE : après la Pologne, le Liban

More from ACCOBAMS:

1) This was the fifth triennial meeting of Accobams.
The number of contracting parties (= countries) rose from 21 to 23, through the accession of Montenegro and Egypt.

2) The Monegasque Government has leased offic space to ACCOBAMS free of charge for a duration of 99 years - thanks, PA !!
It also means that the organisation is independent and a legal entity.

Bet they had a housewarming party !!

Prince Albert and Chinese artist Huang Yong Ping pose in front of his work "Wu
Zei", a 25 meters wide octopus, on November 18, 2010 in Monaco, at the first
day of the exhibition "Mediterranean Sea" at Monaco's oceanographic museum.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

Prince Albert with the Italian Minister of Environment, Land and Sea Stefania
Prestigiacomo walk along the Via De Benedictis, where the market of 'Ortigia'
is situated in Syracuse, Italy, 20 November 2010. Prince Albert of Monaco is
on an official visit.

** Pic **

Yesterday, the 2010 IAAF Athletes of the Year awards were handed out
in Monaco. Albert obviously had a lot of fun on stage as to that tall lady :)

Prince Albert congratulates 800 metres runner David Rudisha of Kenya and
world indoor high jump champion Blanka Vlasic of Croatia in Monte Carlo,
November 21, 2010. The two were honored as the 2010 IAAF Athletes
of the Year.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

One can see at pics that Albert loves to be around athletes. He is enjoing himself at this event. :)
PA is obviously smitten by Blanka Vlasic. She is very tall but also attractive. I have never seen Albert so smitten by e.g. Charlene. JMO.

^I agree. With everything.
He looks like he is in family when he is around athletes. One can wonder why Charlene didn't go, as she is an anthlete too. Anybody knows who organize these events, in where we can see the Prince with his fiancée, or alone?

I

Index on the IAAF website shows Blanka Vlasic from Croatia.... the tall lady ???

iaaf.org - Athletes - Vla?ic Blanka Biography

:flowers: Yes, the tall girl..1.93 Metres, 6 ft 4 is her height.
She comes from very sportive and successful family, she's daughter of Josko, a decathlete, who still holds the Croatian record in that event. Blanka's mother was a alpine skier, and successful International Croatian Women's basketball player.

She was named after Casablanca where her father was competing around the time of her birth.

She's very popular athlete here, and wonderful person..For woman, she's always interesting and attractive with her fashion style..:flowers:

For those interested; Blanka's website

There must be plenty of beautiful women in Croatia, such as actress Nina Moric and the late Sylva Koscina, who could rival with P.ss Grace with beauty, class, elegance, intelligence combined.

Thanks, Ianna from Croatia !!

CW will have to look to her laurels, with so many tall and sexy female athletes around....

Prince Albert and Chinese artist Huang Yong Ping pose in front of his work "Wu
Zei", a 25 meters wide octopus, on November 18, 2010 in Monaco, at the first
day of the exhibition "Mediterranean Sea" at Monaco's oceanographic museum.

:eek: Those pictures reminded me of that 80's remake of "The Blob"!

:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

Prince Albert during the 'No Finish Line Race' charity event, Monaco, 28 November 2010.
Admission fees, donors and sponsors will help to collect funds to support the project. The
organizers will give a part of benefit to 'Fight Aids Monaco'. During 8 days peoples ran
days and nights to collect money. It's the 11th edition.

Together with Joel Bouzou, president and founder of "Peace and Sport" and Yeuk
Wang, president of "China World Peace Foundation", Prince Albert attended the
opening ceremony of the "Peace and Sport International Forum" on December 1,
2010 in Monaco.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery ** zimbio 1 ** zimbio 2 **

Last edited:
Albert's look often confuses me. He seems to loose his weight here or it is just perfectly tailored suit?:ermm: I guess we will see during Christmas swimming.;)

More about "Peace and Sport":

PA is the High Patron of this Monegasque charity. Its original title was "L'Organisation pour la Paix par le Sport", and it was started in 2007 by Joël Bouzou, Modern Pentathlon champion.

They seem to have an imaginative programme - reintegration of child soldiers and war orphans, turning waste grounds into playing fields, and more...

Thanks, Renata4711! Here's the charity's site, not sure if it's been posted before.

Prince Albert during the Plenary Session of the 4th Peace & Sport International
Forum on December 2, 2010 in Monaco.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Prince Albert today also opened the annual Christmas market in Monaco:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** daylife gallery ** belga gallery **

Last edited:

Patrick Simon, Monaco Museum of prehistoric Anthropology's director, Prince
Albert, Yves Coppens, French anthropologist and Michel Roger, Minister of
State of Monaco, pose in front of the museum on December 14, 2010 after
a renovation work. The museum reopens on December 15, with a new display
relating the place of man confronted with climate change.

** Pic ** belga gallery **

Yesteday, I saw photos of Prince Albert with his nephew Pierre at the Asian games at Oman and to day, he is already at Monaco, he travels very quicly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom