The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 04:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Prince Albert has become the new patron of the World Olympians Association (WOA):

source

Thank you for this!

The figure skating boards of which I am a part of are going crazy over YOG, and now to see how further committed Albert is to the Olympics is a sincere joy!

Old 01-14-2012, 04:05 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

You are most welcome as always

Yesterday, January 13, Prince Albert attended a reception prior to the opening of the first Winter
Youth Olympic Games in Innsbruck, Austria. Crown Prince Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands
was present as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** source **

Old 01-15-2012, 04:42 AM
Super Moderator

Prince Albert was present at the alpine skiing finals yesterday, January 14:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 01-15-2012, 09:17 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Albert is certainly taking on a high-profile position with this one. He is going to be very busy. Then again, he's always been busy with one thing or another.
And when would he has his time to be the head and ruler of Monaco?????
Old 01-16-2012, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator

Prince Albert attended the AIPS Fair Play Awards 2011 as part of Winter Youth Olympic Games on
January 13, 2012 in Innsbruck, Austria. Prince Feisal bin Al Hussein of Jordan was present as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery **

** fairplayinternational.org **
Old 01-17-2012, 08:19 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Philip to attend a dinner in Cambridge tonight - News - Cambridge First

According to this PA is due to attend this event alongside Prince Phillip.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:01 AM
Super Moderator

Prince Albert at the Scott Polar Research Dinner at Corpus Christie College at Cambridge University, January 17, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Albert's speech **

Prior to the dinner in presence of the Duke of Edinburgh Prince Albert, also for the commemoration of the centenary
of the Scott expedition, attended a series of lectures delivered by eminent personalities.

On January 16, Albert attended a New Year's reception for the Department of Public Safety in Monaco:

** Pic **

More pics of the reception and the days in Austria can be found here:

** Le prince Albert de Monaco, un bienveillant parrain en pleine fièvre olympique **
Old 01-18-2012, 02:18 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Prince Albert was in belgium today. He was in Gentbrugge for a lunch with artist Wim Delvoye.
Pics

Albert of Monaco visited Wim Delvoye

Prince Albert of Monaco lunch with Wim Delvoye in Gentbrugge
Old 01-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Serene Highness

It's funny to remember when you see Prince Albert and Prince Phillip together that Alexandra of Hanover is PA's neice and also Prince Phillip's great neice.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:15 PM
Courtier

Yes, now that you bring it up I find it interesting that they are related by marriage through little Princess Alexandra's father, Prince Ernst August, whose uncle married Prince Philip's sister. Ah, what a small world. :)

It's also good to know that Prince Albert II was there in honor of Prince Albert I, whom also made that long trek to the North Pole decades ago, as did his namesake back in 2006.

Brrrr, can she imagine how cold it was, especially now that I'm snowed in here in the PNW. *shivers*
Old 01-19-2012, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

Some more pics of Prince Albert yesterday in Gentbrugge, Belgium can be found here:

** gettyimages gallery **
Old 01-19-2012, 10:56 AM
Courtier

My gosh I swear every day Albert is somewhere different, how many engagements does he do every year!?! It must be close to a 1,000, if not more!

I seriously don't know how he does it, besides being an active monarch, patronages, charities, and on & on. And he does it with a smile on his face at all times (lol still recall him singing along with that Elvis song at Crown Princess Viktoria's pre-wedding festivities).
Old 01-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post

I seriously don't know how he does it, besides being an active monarch, patronages, charities, and on & on. And he does it with a smile on his face at all times (lol still recall him singing along with that Elvis song at Crown Princess Viktoria's pre-wedding festivities).
And dancing to ZZ Top at that great party after he and Charlene got engaged. Brilliant. !
Old 01-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breffney View Post
And dancing to ZZ Top at that great party after he and Charlene got engaged. Brilliant. !
Yeah, that was great.
But he really has a busy scedule!
Old 01-19-2012, 01:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smush View Post
Yeah, that was great.
But he really has a busy scedule!
Smush, I feel exhausted just thinking about the number of events that he attends.
Being in a few different countries in any given week is as common for Albert as going to the shops is for me.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Prince Albert attended the Two-Woman Bobsleigh event of the Winter Youth Olympic Games
at the Olympic Sliding Centre in Patscherkofel, Austria on January 22, 2012 .

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 01-22-2012, 05:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
My gosh I swear every day Albert is somewhere different, how many engagements does he do every year!?! It must be close to a 1,000, if not more!

I was thinking the same thing! His energy level must be amazing!
Old 01-23-2012, 01:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Prince Albert attended the Two-Woman Bobsleigh event of the Winter Youth Olympic Games
at the Olympic Sliding Centre in Patscherkofel, Austria on January 22, 2012 .

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
The Men Bobsleigh team won the bronze medal.

L'équipe monégasque de Bob à 2 remporte la Médaille de Bronze - Palais Princier de Monaco
Old 01-23-2012, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Last Friday, January 20, Prince Albert has been in St. Moritz, Switzerland. He had planned to participate
in the charity bobsled race "Historic Race", but it was cancelled due to the weather conditions.

"I've had a very enjoyable journey. I love travelling by train in wonderful Switzerland", he said. Asked where
Princess Charlene was, he smilingly replied she was in Milan shopping (see her current events thread). And
his secret recipe for a happy marriage: "You have to enjoy the shared experiences consciously, but do not
stick together. Everyone needs time alone or with friends. This understanding is very important".

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** blick.ch article ** translation **

And here's a short video with an interview about the cancelled race:

** Wegen Unwetter in St. Moritz: Kein Bobrennen für Fürst Albert **
Old 01-24-2012, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

Prince Albert has received Giovanni Alemanno, Mayor of Rome, for a meeting at the Princely Palace today, January 24, 2012.

** Pic **