Prince Albert II of Monaco Current Events - Part 29: August 2010 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am beginning to question how much time Albert actually spends in Monaco. He certainly seems to have a pretty heavy schedule galavanting around the globe on a regular basis. He might want to spend a bit more time at home and concentrate on the important business of providing an heir which is easier to do if you are both relaxed and in the same place.

I am beginning to question how much time Albert actually spends in Monaco. He certainly seems to have a pretty heavy schedule galavanting around the globe on a regular basis. He might want to spend a bit more time at home and concentrate on the important business of providing an heir which is easier to do if you are both relaxed and in the same place.
with all the nasty rumours flying around Monaco and even nastier people spreading them in residence, it seems to me that the Prince and Princess are doing the right thing for the Succession in keeping le Rocher at a distance!:cool::flowers::whistling::p

On October 31 Prince Albert has opened the 2012 Peace and Sport International Forum in Sochi, Russia, the host city of the 2014 Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games. It's the 6th edition of the forum but the first time ever that it has been hosted outside Monaco.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gallery ** gettyimages **

On October 30 Prince Albert attended the inauguration of the new ceiling fresco of the Chapel of Mercy in Monaco:

** Pic **

And today, November 2, Prince Albert has arrived for the mentioned visit in Kazakhstan.

(Take a look at the special position the photographer has :)):

** Pic **

He already has one in Caroline and Andrea who has been preparing for it according to sources in some articles I read some time ago. I still wouldn't be surprised once Andrea is married and had some more time to see Albert abdicate in favor of Andrea. It is documented in interviews that he really didn't want the job so I can't see him really wanting to have his child and the position placed on them taking away what most take for granted freedom of choice. Before he ever said it in an interview I posted had Albert been given a choice of careers it would have been working with children. I can also see him having chosen to work in the sports field. Just my thoughts on abdicating.

Prince Albert has started his visit to Turkey today, November 6.

He visited Anitkabir, the Mausoleum of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk in Ankara as well as the Ataturk and War of Independence Museum. The Turkish President Abdullah Gul formally welcomed Albert at the Cankaya Presidential Palace and afterwards a bilateral meeting was held.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** afp/belga gallery **

Prince Albert has started his visit to Turkey today, November 6.

He visited Anitkabir, the Mausoleum of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk in Ankara as well as the Ataturk and War of Independence Museum. The Turkish President Abdullah Gul formally welcomed Albert at the Cankaya Presidential Palace and afterwards a bilateral meeting was held.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** afp/belga gallery **

Prince Albert II is certainly one of the most travelled European royals of late!

I've been thinking exactly the same thing. The Princess is almost 35 and becoming pregnant can take a bit longer at that age than in someone younger especially with a first child. The constant travelling even when together will hinder things further and I think then they should both slow down. Also, even if some say PA already has an heir in Andrea we shouldn't forget that PC expressed a great desire to have children before she got married but if she really wants this to happen they will have to spend longer together in the same place, it's just common sense.

On November 13, Prince Albert attended the closing ceremony of the 10th Congress of FICAC, the International Federation of Consular Corps and Associations, in Monaco.

** Pic **

And yesterday, November 14, Prince Albert has opened the Monaco Media Forum that will take place until November 16.

** Pic ** Monaco Media Forum 2012 **

Prince Albert attended the opening of Catherine and Remy Marion's photographic exhibition 'Polar Bear' held at the Galerie des Pecheurs in Monaco on November 16, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

French chef Alain Ducasse with Prince Albert during their visit to the Mediterranean market place as part of celebrations of the 25th anniversary of his restaurant Le Louis XV in Monaco on November 17, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

I agree, but the other Protectors are not Spanish either and to some extent I think the SRF have kept their distance from the Spanish aristocracy since returning to the throne in 1975. Albert II is certainly the most high profile of the current group of protectors.

Last edited:
What exactly is a Royal Protector of the Corps of the Asturian Nobility? I think that Queen Sophia is Alberts godmother, does this have anything to do with the appointment?

Prince Albert's godmother was HM Queen Victoria Eugenie of Spain, grandmother of King Juan Carlos. Sofia was still just a Greek princess when Albert was born in 1958.
Not sure if there is any real role here. If you look at the other protectors they include the Duke of Braganza, a Prussian prince, an Austrian Archduke and the Prince of Naples.

Last edited:

Prince Albert will make a working visit to Paris on Friday, here's the press release:

H.S.H. Prince Albert II will meet Mr François Hollande, President of the French Republic at the Elysée Palace on Friday, 7th December 2012, as part of a working visit to the French capital.

At the meeting and working lunch, the two Heads of State will have the opportunity to discuss the quality of the Franco-Monegasque relationship and conduct an overview of the many topics of mutual interest that illustrate the excellent relations between both countries.
source: palais.mc

I wonder if this is Prince Albert's first meeting with François Hollande?

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom