The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 03:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, you must be one of those eternal optimists then....

PA looks just like millions of middle-aged men who have been drinking too much, or eating too much fattening food. Alas, only surgery can remedy that state.

And I can't see PA making a huge (or even small) effort to look like a monarch.

Remember the Swedish wedding? Talk about embarassment..... and yet CW doesn't seem to mind.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:53 AM
Nobility

Well, ageing has a terrible effect on everybody- very few people seem to be imune to it. But yet, he is still a good looking man.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:24 AM
Royal Highness

After having critired her yet protestant religion, after having critized she doen't speak french, it is the fault of Charlene that Prince Albert is too big, oh my god! what another thing?
Old 05-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent

He is a 53 year old man....is he expected to look like a Calvin Klein underwear model?
Old 05-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Here, here, NGalitzine. So what if Prince Albert is not aging as gracefully as George Clooney, I still think CW could do a lot worse!
Old 05-10-2011, 05:38 AM
Heir Apparent

PA has all the advantages of a princely life, but he cannot be bothered even to look the part.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Aristocracy

How is a prince supposed to look anyway? The advantages of a princely life -- is he supposed to have liposuction or something? For Prince William, is he supposed to have hair graft to look the part?

He looks decent, has worthy causes, and appears to be at peace with his appearance. I'd prefer a guy who is comfortable and decent vs a metrosexual who is so full of himself.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:43 PM
Courtier

He looks like he has lost some weight to me. She loves and accepts him the way he is so there is no problem he is trying to lose weight for the wedding.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Prince Albert today, May 11, attended a ceremony to honour members of the Corps
des Sapeurs-Pompiers and Compagnie des Carabiniers du Prince in the court of
honour at the Palace of Monaco.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery **
Old 05-12-2011, 02:51 AM
Courtier

Honestly, how can anyone resist a man in uniform, and I mean that most sincerely.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, like with all things, it depends :-)
The current Minister of State, Michel Roger, looks the part, mainly because of his height, his silver-grey hair and his overall behaviour.

However, Jean-Paul Proust - God bless him - did not look statesmanlike at all. I believe his nickname was "le gros chat" - the fat cat (nothing to do with money!).
Old 05-13-2011, 02:29 AM
Super Moderator

Yesterday, May 12, Prince Albert has visited Arles in France.

He met with organizers of the 27th Congress of European traditions and Saint-Jean Fire to be
held on 14 and 15 May 2011 and later visited the town's museum.

** Pic ** zimbio/gettyimages: Prince Albert Of Monaco Attends The Arrival Of Canigou Flame in Arles **

** Pic ** zimbio/gettyimages: Prince Albert Of Monaco Visits 'Musee de l'Arles Antique **
Old 05-14-2011, 05:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Canigou flame:

Histoire de la flamme au Canigou. : " TAURINYA "

Facebook entry for Canigou flame:
Flamme du Canigou | Facebook

Les Feux de Saint Jean:
Feux de la St Jean-Flamme du Canigou
Old 05-15-2011, 02:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Last Friday, PA and Michel Roger visited two micro-crèches named A Riturnela and A Ribambela (both names are Monegasque)

http://www.monaco.mc/Pages/Accueil/m...tarting_blocks___
Old 05-15-2011, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Prince Albert with Monaco's under-19s players who won the Gambardella's French football cup
competition, at the Stade Louis-II in Monaco, during the L1 football match Monaco vs. Lens,
May 15, 2011.

** Pic ** belga gallery **
Old 05-17-2011, 06:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Regarding the speculation about the cost of the wedding, the Princely Government has, in 2010, spent 75 percent of its public development aid programme specifially on the "least advanced countries" in the world.

This will amount to 12 million euro in 2011, and it will rise to 0,7 percent of the gross national product by 2015.

(UN conference)

La Principauté solidaire des pays les plus pauvres | Nice-Matin
Old 05-17-2011, 02:08 PM
Courtier

Wow, in just a month Albert has managed to lose more weight. I'd now hazard to guess he has lost around 25 lbs. in total!

At this rate, I honestly feel he will have recovered his pre-2005 form by the time of the wedding, which makes sense since he didn't start gaining weight until he became sovereign.

Congrats, Albert!
Old 05-18-2011, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

On Monday, May 16, Prince Albert received Mr. Henry J. Faaruo, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
of the Republic of Panama (1), Mr. Patrick Vercauteren Drubbel Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
of Belgium (2) and Mr. Jorge Edwards Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Chile (3)
who presented their letters of credence at the Princely Palace.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 05-18-2011, 09:34 AM
Heir Apparent

PA has been very busy with ambassadors and consuls. I've been trying to make a list of how many of these relationships he has already "in his pocket" - but I can't find enough data.

Can anyone help, and can it go into the Albert/achievements thread??
Old 05-21-2011, 02:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Monaco's very first garden at the Chelsea Flower Show
23 years ago, Briton Roger Shine moved to Monaco and fell in love with its gardens.
"People forget that Monaco is a very green country. Okay, it's a little state of two square kilometres, but the gardens represent 20 percent of its surface."
Three years ago, Roger approached Prince Albert with the idea of Monaco taking part in the Chelsea Flower Show. He had been surrounded by plants and flowers from childhood.

Now the project has "blossomed", and tomorrow, the Monaco Garden will be on show at Chelsea. Its designer is Sarah Eberle.

The first visitor to Chelsea is, of course, the Queen...

BBC - Chelsea Flower Show 2011 - Homepage

http://www.nicematin.com/article/mon...ea-flower-show