The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 11-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,502
Today PA is travelling to the African state of Senegal for two days. It's his first visit to the country.

He will be welcomed by Senegal's Prime Minister Souleymane Ndéné Ndiaye.
He is accompanied by a delegation of Monaco's Chamber of Economic Development.

On the menu is bilateral cooperation in humanitarian projects, and of the fight against genetic illnesses.

PA will also meet members of the Monegasque community in Senegal.

Monaco.maville.com Le prince Albert en visite aujourd'hui au Sénégal
__________________

  #142  
Old 11-09-2009, 01:04 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 32,775
Prince Albert has been to Morroco for two days (November 7 and 8),
pics and information can be found here:


** Visit of Prince Albert II of Monaco to Morocco: November 2009 **

**
__________________

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #143  
Old 11-09-2009, 09:46 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glistening Seas View Post
and the comment about PA being a history professor was a good natured reference to an article interview PA put out a few years ago in a New York interview featured on this site where PA said that if he wouldn't have been born to be a ruler that he would probably be a history professor somewhere's. you see??
Thats a new one on me I read his interview about what he would have done was work with children.
  #144  
Old 11-09-2009, 10:12 PM
Glistening Seas's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: london , United Kingdom
Posts: 1,056
Talking Glistening Seas

Hmm where the interview was i didn't save it. i wished i had. But he did say it but it was a few years ago. Which is why after these years have passed when i saw the awards he was getting it so amazingly struck me as a huge co-incidence because PA really is a very versitile individual.

his education has made him more than well-prepared to tackle a wide range of activities in any field and he probably wouldn't even find it difficult to accomplish what he would tackle. He has a great education for it very well-rounded individual even in his interests.

For example his background where PA & Ranier brought them up to a wide range of artists and PA even in the music dept enjoys all kinds of music from the trendy to the classical.

And, PA can honestly say he finds true enjoyment of it. that's a well-rounded individual in his culture and taste.
__________________
Glistening Seas-United Kingdom
  #145  
Old 11-10-2009, 12:09 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ****, Canada
Posts: 1,512
post 143
Dear myadia,
I have two questions.
1After reading your comprehensive commentary on the situation in Monaco I was wondering if you were in any way shape or form the advocate for HSH Prince Albert?
2 Secondly, I was also wondering if it might ever have occurred to you that by posting at such epic lengths that you take the "power" out of most to want to respond in kind?
kindest regards
  #146  
Old 11-10-2009, 01:27 AM
Lakshmi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 1,226
Thanks myadia for great work of summarizing the whole lawsuit: Eringer v. PA. I read that long, more than 100 pages document, because this lawsuit although shocking is fascinating. I have no clue about Monaco politics but still reading this document was interesting, especially parts about Jazmin, something I have more knowledge since I read this forum.
Myadia put all that nicely together.
I also think that those documents attached to lawsuit are real, especially letter concerning Albert's daughter. I agree Lefigaro mentioned about some crazy e-mails from Jazmin's agent or something.
I wish this lawsuit never took place. It is like a nightmare. I like Grimaldis and I think Albert is a decent person, but he might make bad choices about his advisers or friends.
What the relief to read something like Albert's trip to Morocco. BTW, I think Albert should change the suit, this one he seemed to wear too many times or it is just me?

Can anyone translate or summarize ? Google translator does not make any sense, I don't understand anything.
__________________
"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.''
Eleanor Roosevelt

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
  #147  
Old 11-10-2009, 01:35 AM
Lighthouse's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
Thats a new one on me I read his interview about what he would have done was work with children.
I think reporters make stuff up.
__________________
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.
- Mark Twain
  #148  
Old 11-10-2009, 03:57 AM
MyAdia's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
Thanks myadia for great work of summarizing the whole lawsuit: Eringer v. PA...
You are welcome.
Quote:
I also think that those documents attached to lawsuit are real, especially letter concerning Albert's daughter. I agree Lefigaro mentioned about some crazy e-mails from Jazmin's agent or something.
I wish this lawsuit never took place. It is like a nightmare. I like Grimaldis and I think Albert is a decent person, but he might make bad choices about his advisers or friends.
I also think that a lot of the attached documents are real and my perspective of this lawsuit changed once I actually read it. But, acknowledging the veracity of some of Eringer's claim does not mean I support his tactics. Actually, I wish Albert had the courage to file the appropriate counter suit against Eringer – an extortion claim. This really is mostly an extortion case by blackmail and not slander or libel. I haven’t seen any actually work cited for the last three months of that he is claiming for work owed. If you actually read Ringer's lawsuit, you will realize that most of the salacious personal things that he has included does not pertain to any actually work performed. The note about the sex tape in paragraph #27 is not listed in reference to any work performed. I highly doubt that Eringer’s notification to Albert was Albert’s first time hearing about this tape that was supposedly taped years ago (especially if the man was bragging about it and showing it in Monaco). The most damaging allegation listed in paragraph 35 was suspiciously thrown in during a notation of another unrelated work performance. Again, it actually served no purpose in describing any particular work performed. Stating the actual names of the people that Eringer investigated, especially those that were Albert's friends or long-time residents of Monaco, served no purpose in supporting his breach of contract suit. The only purpose it serves is to embarrass Albert and to force him to pay up or more will be released (Eringer states, "The recitation of facts below is not an exhaustive list of investigations and services provided by Eringer to HSH").

In California, Blackmail is extortion by threatening an organization or person's reputation with the disclosure of harmful or secret information that would be damaging to that entity if released (the information to be released may be true or false). Eringer’s observed several people, both men and women, extort Albert and get handsomely rewarded, so I guess Eringer feels he can jump on the gravy train also.

It takes courage to stand up to an extortionist, especially when the harmful information is true. One of the most famous American extortionist case involving paternity was with Bill Cosby. A supposedly illegitimate daughter attempted to extort him for a couple of million dollars. The Cosby Show was still playing and Bill was very much revered personally as a family man - a model father and husband. It took courage to face the public and admit that he might be the girl’s father and that he cheated on his wife (ultimately the girl refused the blood test), but he was not going to be extorted by her. Recently, David Letterman stood up to his extortionist and admitted that he had affairs and cheated on his girlfriend/wife. But, it seems that Albert and his attorney have decided to go the Saint Albert route and claim ignorance on everything that Eringer claims. To succeed in an extortion suit you have to be credible and the route that Albert and his attorneys are taking belies credibility. In the long run, Monaco will benefit and Albert will be a more effective leader if he takes the public licking in the short term and stand up to any extortionist attempts. He seems to give in to extortionist, but eventually the information is still revealed and he looks even weaker.
  #149  
Old 11-10-2009, 04:53 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,502
Lakhshmi - see post #144:

I wrote a short summary based on the Nice-Matin article.

As far as I know, TRF rules state that only a small proportion of any article can be translated and posted here.

I've just re-read my summary, and every point of the (very short) article has been covered.

Perhaps an admin or mod can tell us whether my summary was within the limits?
  #150  
Old 11-10-2009, 05:15 AM
Lighthouse's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 383
We already know Albert's sewn his seeds but do we really want video evidence?
__________________
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.
- Mark Twain
  #151  
Old 11-10-2009, 05:59 AM
Bones's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Laredo, United States
Posts: 455
No! At least I certainly don't. I can see the sense in MyAdia's basic point about Albert being naive. That was commented on long before his coming to the throne. Such a nice guy, perhaps too nice to be an effective ruler whereas, say what you will about Rainier III he was a strong, determined and forceful sovereign prince. Ask Aristotle Onasis or even his sister for that matter. I think alot of people overlook the immense weight of responsibility that is on Prince Albert. He is, in fact if not in name, an absolute monarch with far more big decisions to make than the Queen of Great Britain or the King of Sweden. That means it takes a certain kind of individual to really succeed in that position. He cannot just smile and wave and cut ribbons, he has to actually rule. I guess we will see how he handles this latest crisis, I hope everything works out for him but I also hope something will jolt him hard enough that he learns that not every man or woman he meets is as well meaning as he is.
__________________
"Oh, God, I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams".
  #152  
Old 11-10-2009, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,502
Sorry, Bones, but PA is NOT an absolutist monarch.

Monaco has a constitutional and hereditary monarchy. PA acts as a nominal ceremonial Head of State, but only within parameters of a written constitution.

Political power is exercised by the Minister of State (similar to a Prime Minister) and by the Conseil national.
  #153  
Old 11-10-2009, 04:10 PM
sandsla's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAdia View Post
You are welcome.
I also think that a lot of the attached documents are real ....
Myadia, You are right on the money (in every way ) I couldn't have said it better! When I first started reading about this I couldn't imagine that this case wouldn't be thrown out when it seemed obvious Eringer just wanted to use it as a launch pad as a way to blackmail and extort money after Albert finally shut down his gravy train. Eringer even seems to admire or glorify the arrogance and tactic of this other guy who is meant to be blackmailing Albert with a tape? Eringer has publicly called attention to his own extortion plot using the courts as a tool to do it. I don't think they appreciate this much, especially while at the same time Eringer is making the media rounds? This guy has damaged his own own reputation in may ways and I wish Albert had not responded to it in the media. And who really cares about any of this stuff Eringer is blabbing about now? It all seem to be old issues that have already had their day?

I didn't really want to talk or post about this case much because it is exactly what Eringer was hoping for! But since he seems to be spitting into the wind and he has more than discredited himself all I can say is I hope he has stockpiled some cash for himself to live on after this?

"I haven’t seen any actually work cited for the last three months of that he is claiming for work owed."

Exactly! This is the only sentence that matters! So in a court of law, end of story--he has no case!

"Eringer’s observed several people, both men and women, extort Albert and get handsomely rewarded"

That Eringer himself seems to acknowledge and glorify in his own statements!

This is why I have gone on for so long about how wrong it is for people to think they can pay off people with money or give into their demands to get them to go away and disappear, it never works--it instead is a sure way to keep these people around you forever, because It only serves to empower these people and invite more greedy, unethical people to surround someone.

I understand people wanting to avoid situations, but once you see someone cannot be trusted and tries to manipulate you with threats of blackmail because they feel they have something over you, you have to get them out of your life as quick as possible and face up to whatever it is that they are threatening you with. Deflate them--take the wind out of their sails!

No one is perfect and I believe people care more about who someone is in the present moment, not their past. I too hope Albert is more conscience in the future about the type of people he chooses to surround himself with instead of always trying to justify their actions. In spite of all that is said I believe Albert has his own strengths that will make him a good monarch in the future if he hasn't or doesn't let the wrong people around him influence him? In spite of having a few lessons to learn first, I still think Albert will prove to be a popular Monarch, because I think he is genuinely a good guy who is sincere in wanting to do good things.
  #154  
Old 11-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Bones's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Laredo, United States
Posts: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Sorry, Bones, but PA is NOT an absolutist monarch.

Monaco has a constitutional and hereditary monarchy. PA acts as a nominal ceremonial Head of State, but only within parameters of a written constitution.

Political power is exercised by the Minister of State (similar to a Prime Minister) and by the Conseil national.
Sorries aside, I said he was in fact if not in name. Monaco has been a "constitutional" monarchy since Albert I but Louis II suspended that constitution as did Rainier III who then re-worked it. It remains today but the fact is that Albert II still has final say on everything that happens, he has the last word in court decisions and can effectively do as he pleases, either outright or by appointing new officials who will act according to his wishes. He appoints the Minister of State and all proposed laws require his assent to go into effect. He appoints the judges on the Supreme Court from a list of suggestions but he does not like any of them he can always ask for more. He also has the authority to expel anyone from the country for any reason and he can dissolve the National Council any time he likes.

You accuse me of calling him an "absolutist", which I never did, but the tone indicates some sort of accusation. It is not -it is a simple description of his duties as monarch. Considering all of the above he is certainly not a limited, symbolic monarch and the Prince of Monaco never has been. I wouldn't call Albert II an "absolutist" anymore than I would the Prince of Liechtenstein but both are effectively absolute monarchs who are actually required to govern their countries and who have the last word in political and judicial matters.
__________________
"Oh, God, I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams".
  #155  
Old 11-10-2009, 05:15 PM
sandsla's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
No! At least I certainly don't. I can see the sense in MyAdia's basic point about Albert being naive. That was commented on long before his coming to the throne. Such a nice guy, perhaps too nice to be an effective ruler whereas, say what you will about Rainier III he was a strong, determined and forceful sovereign prince. Ask Aristotle Onasis or even his sister for that matter. I think alot of people overlook the immense weight of responsibility that is on Prince Albert. He is, in fact if not in name, an absolute monarch with far more big decisions to make than the Queen of Great Britain or the King of Sweden. That means it takes a certain kind of individual to really succeed in that position. He cannot just smile and wave and cut ribbons, he has to actually rule. I guess we will see how he handles this latest crisis, I hope everything works out for him but I also hope something will jolt him hard enough that he learns that not every man or woman he meets is as well meaning as he is.
I agree Bones, I think it must have been hard to come to the throne knowing there was a perceived idea that Albert was weak (enough that may have had him believing or acting in a way that fulfilled this idea) just because he had a different personality than that of his father's.

Rainier had his own strengths for sure and who could not admire him, however having a reputation for a big temper is also weakness, because it only goes to telegraph when someone has lost self control and has switched from working out of a reasonable cognitive place into reacting from an emotional uncontrollable place. It shows that someone or something has hit a nerve and gotten to you, and you are reacting from a vulnerable place that makes you react emotionally. Sometimes it's hard to avoid we are all full of emotions, but I think some people (I don't mean you or your post Bones) are mistaken when they take this part of Rainiers personality as some sign of strength. When women react this way they are called hysterical . I think this quick tempered part of Rainiers personality that he was known for actually show where his vulnerabilities and his weaknesses were. That too will make other people fearful of telling those kind of personalities the truth or about they things they ought to but may not want to know. (IMO) I think it was probably Rainiers intelligence and keen perception of people and their motives, his innovative ideas, and ability to follow through that were his strengths, more than his outward personality that people often refer to. Rainier too had his own challenges, but he even acknowledged that Albert would have to face different challenges like the EU for example that he didn't have to deal with. I still think Albert is his own man but at the same time Rainiers son, he was the one that trained him, so I think with time after he gets more confidence in himself, he will do his best in adopting some of his fathers strengths in ruling Monaco but probably in his own style.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Sorry, Bones, but PA is NOT an absolutist monarch.

Monaco has a constitutional and hereditary monarchy. PA acts as a nominal ceremonial Head of State, but only within parameters of a written constitution.

Political power is exercised by the Minister of State (similar to a Prime Minister) and by the Conseil national.
I think we are aware of this, but exercises power with Albert's approval? Isn't Albert the one that actually appoints this person to this position? Or am I wrong about this?

ETA: Sorry Bones, and Thank you, I missed the post where you addressed this.
  #156  
Old 11-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Bones's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Laredo, United States
Posts: 455
I agree with you. I don't think though that Rainier was unable to control his temper or that he was ever hysterical. Prince Albert said he certainly had his limits and there were times you stayed out of dad's way but I look to what might have been his most painful experience which was the political efforts against him by Princess Antoinette. He could have had her and her clique arrested and charged with treason, and he may well have been tempted to, but in the end he did nothing to her, he took control of the situation, put on a good public face and denied that any major crisis had taken place. As much as Onasis infuriated him he always kept up a friendly front.

One reason I've never been as critical of Albert as some is because of the different challenges he has to face. Alot of people are upset that, unlike his father, he has not married, had a family and does not stay often at home. However, while I would prefer it if he did, I'm not too critical of this because Albert has to be more of a 'salesman' than Rainier had to be. His marriage to Princess Grace was almost enough on its own to bring attention and fresh business to Monaco, but Albert II has to go out and hustle to attract investment and put the best possible face on the principality. He's trying to be relevant in the fast and crowded world of today. Where I think Albert could learn some lessons from his father's example is in choosing his relationships more wisely. Rainier did not trust people so easily and he did not hesitate to expel those who were causing problems, even members of his own family. Being a sovereign prince means making very tough decisions at times and being a little hard-nosed when the situation demands it. This is where I think Albert is having problems. Like many nice guys he fails to see the dubious motives of others and seems reluctant to deal forcefully with certain issues.
__________________
"Oh, God, I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams".
  #157  
Old 11-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Glistening Seas's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: london , United Kingdom
Posts: 1,056
Talking Glistening Seas

It would be difficult to describe PA as weak. Firstly, at a time when his father's death PA put up with that whole situation with Acknowledging his children is not a sign of a weak man and he strived to do it in the best possible manner that he could considering the circumstances he found himself in. Honestly truth be told the fact he has children was imho really blown out of proportion; considering the entire world seems to have children while unmarried. In this regard i think Eringer is really attempting to re-hash info that has already been out there. i read the articles about Jazmin & Alexander and all they said was PA had children and he acknowledged them. This is old news at best.

has anyone actually 'sure' there is a video??? we read somewhere the video didn't even exist?? however, even if it did it's still not news since PA is single and it was forever ago. So it's surprising the idiot whom filmed that has been silly enough to think that it's somehow going to be 'relevant' to anything considering anyone single can have sex with whom they wish and it's not considered news!!

It seems it's all been done in a bad taste manner. I'm inclined to think the Eringer book isn't going to be the best seller he'd hoped it would be
__________________
Glistening Seas-United Kingdom
  #158  
Old 11-10-2009, 09:30 PM
MyAdia's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glistening Seas View Post
...Honestly truth be told the fact he has children was imho really blown out of proportion; considering the entire world seems to have children while unmarried. In this regard i think Eringer is really attempting to re-hash info that has already been out there. i read the articles about Jazmin & Alexander and all they said was PA had children and he acknowledged them. This is old news at best.
I have no idea what you are talking about; there are no articles in Eringer's lawsuit about these two children. There is a copy of a March 2006 14-page e-mail/letter written by an agent of Jazmin and this is what I mentioned in my above posts. Perhaps you are confusing the three Le Figaro articles that I posted. As I mentioned in my post, I linked to the May/June 3006 articles (mainly the May 30th one) as collaboration evidence for the 14-page letter that Eringer attached (since some doubted the content of the letter as real). I am only suggesting that you read the lawsuit if you want to know what Eringer has to say.
Quote:
has anyone actually 'sure' there is a video??? we read somewhere the video didn't even exist?? however, even if it did it's still not news since PA is single and it was forever ago. So it's surprising the idiot whom filmed that has been silly enough to think that it's somehow going to be 'relevant' to anything considering anyone single can have sex with whom they wish and it's not considered news!!
Do you have a link to an article or other source where it is mentioned that there is no video tape? If Salzman has stated this, it would really knock some wind out of Eringer's sail. I would love to read it because it will actually be great if no tape exists becasue that means no one has or can blackmail Albert about it. A man having a "sex video" is no big deal for most people, but it can become a big deal if someone uses the video to extort the man or to gain favors from him. As for relevancy, in the lawsuit Eringer claims that the video has been relevant to the video taker (which I posted the claims how relevant above). As my posted excerpt from the lawsuit implies, many people have supposedly seen the alleged video (at the original party and afterward), therefore you shouldn't assumed that the veracity of such a video or the act itself is just ONE person's word against Albert's. It is great that you are an unconditional fan of Prince Albert; I am a fan also, but not an unconditional one. Please read the lawsuit before you start spreading rumors or misinformation as facts - as to what Eringer states in the lawsuit (whether his claims are true is another story). The reason that I posted the information directly from the lawsuit and linked to the actual lawsuit is to reduce misinformation. Go directly to the source to know what Eringer said. If Albert responds to this suit (instead of invoking diplomatic immunity), then read his side (I'll be surprised if he does respond, but it will be hard to not respond and then file a counter suit). Actually, if you read the letter and read from the beginning of the Jazmin threads on this forum, you might be surprised of other corroboration about the veracity of this letter. Really, this letter is the least of Albert's problems about this lawsuit. However, many portion of this the letter does serve as a private vindication for some posters who have been following this story from the beginning in this forum. Perhaps that's why some (like me) are more inclined to believe that it is real.
  #159  
Old 11-11-2009, 12:41 AM
Glistening Seas's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: london , United Kingdom
Posts: 1,056
Talking Glistening Seas

hmm the link didn't download for me! So the only things i read were the 3 articles. As far as the video it was some other poster whom said it might not be real? but even if it is my only point is that since PA is single and as a rule a single individual varied sex life isn't considered news and since it was long ago imho isn't going to be holding anyone's interest as news.
__________________
Glistening Seas-United Kingdom
  #160  
Old 11-11-2009, 01:45 AM
sandsla's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
I agree with you. I don't think though that Rainier was unable to control his temper or that he was ever hysterical....
Oh Bones, I didn't mean to infer this about Rainier to this degree (I liked and admired him very much), just that he seems to have a bit of a reputation as being a little bit of a bad a## regarding his temper later in his life, and that he had a different style than Albert and so Albert was assumed weaker because he expresses himself in a more low key manner perhaps? I mean you say Albert was perceived weak even before he had a chance to perform in the job?

I'm not sure how much of this notion as being weak maybe wasn't drummed into Albert before he even had a chance to step up into the job. Sometimes kids/people grow up to fulfill the ideas put into their heads by someone--if they hear something enough they start excepting it as true and go on to fulfill what people have convinced them of, even if they don't realize it? If enough people say something of someone it's hard sometimes for that person to not deep down start questioning themselves without realizing they are conforming to fulfill that legacy. Albert has a bigger burden than most men and it's not that difficult to make anyone feel unsure or insecure about themselves, especially if enough people pile on. People generally want to be liked in the world and that is probably where Albert is vulnerable. Not that he isn't, but he may not always perceive that he is? He's naturally a nice guy, he doesn't really need to try that hard. I think some people probably take his open personality for granted.

I just think that Albert gets a lot of flack for having a different style than his father regardless, but I'd be the first one to say Albert has been slow in wising up to people with their own agendas and it would seem these are the very people Albert listens to far too often. Naturally these people are going to try to discredit certain people in Albert's eyes that have any influence with him. They'll be quick to convince Albert to dismiss anyone that is smart enough to see through them and that gets in their way, or that will advise Albert of it. I think Albert may be naive in letting people appeal to his ego too much and not his best interest? I don't think Albert realizes how much of a magnet he really is to these people and how much caution he needs to take with people eager to get close to him. I'm sure he would like to feel that not everyone is out to get him and that he has some people on his side but he needs to learn how to spot and weed out people who are not acting in his best interest.

Bones regarding Rainier, my post was also in reference to what Albert mentioned in an earlier interview, perhaps even the same one that you mention? He seemed to say because of Rainer's temper and style that people were not always eager to have face to face meetings with him--no one wanted to be the messenger I guess . Albert seemed to think because of this, Rainier had less direct contact with certain people and just too many layers of advisers that it meant communications were not always as direct or accurate as they could be and that is why he wanted to thin out some of the advisers himself early on? I'm not sure that this was really true, but this is what Albert seemed to be saying in explaining why he wanted to have a more direct relationship and hands on approach, but then I think he reversed that idea himself and started delegated more? Do you remember reading any of this?
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock Current Events - Part 5: June 2010 - June 2011 iceflower Current Events Archive 808 07-01-2011 01:06 PM
Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock Current Events - Part 4 (Aug. 2008 - June 2010) iceflower Current Events Archive 452 06-20-2010 05:34 AM
Prince Albert II of Monaco Current Events - Part 27: November 2008 - September 2009 iceflower Current Events Archive 490 09-22-2009 05:17 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit camillas outfits catherine middleton style coup d'etat courtship crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events december 2015 duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece haldane kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess victoria fashion queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit from mexico state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:03 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises