Prince Albert II of Monaco Current Events - Part 28 (Sep. 2009 - August 2010)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No! :eek: At least I certainly don't. I can see the sense in MyAdia's basic point about Albert being naive. That was commented on long before his coming to the throne. Such a nice guy, perhaps too nice to be an effective ruler whereas, say what you will about Rainier III he was a strong, determined and forceful sovereign prince. Ask Aristotle Onasis or even his sister for that matter. I think alot of people overlook the immense weight of responsibility that is on Prince Albert. He is, in fact if not in name, an absolute monarch with far more big decisions to make than the Queen of Great Britain or the King of Sweden. That means it takes a certain kind of individual to really succeed in that position. He cannot just smile and wave and cut ribbons, he has to actually rule. I guess we will see how he handles this latest crisis, I hope everything works out for him but I also hope something will jolt him hard enough that he learns that not every man or woman he meets is as well meaning as he is.
:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

Sorry, Bones, but PA is NOT an absolutist monarch.

Monaco has a constitutional and hereditary monarchy. PA acts as a nominal ceremonial Head of State, but only within parameters of a written constitution.

Political power is exercised by the Minister of State (similar to a Prime Minister) and by the Conseil national.

You are welcome.
I also think that a lot of the attached documents are real ....

Myadia, You are right on the money (in every way ;)) I couldn't have said it better! :D When I first started reading about this I couldn't imagine that this case wouldn't be thrown out when it seemed obvious Eringer just wanted to use it as a launch pad as a way to blackmail and extort money after Albert finally shut down his gravy train. Eringer even seems to admire or glorify the arrogance and tactic of this other guy who is meant to be blackmailing Albert with a tape? Eringer has publicly called attention to his own extortion plot using the courts as a tool to do it. I don't think they appreciate this much, especially while at the same time Eringer is making the media rounds? This guy has damaged his own own reputation in may ways and I wish Albert had not responded to it in the media. And who really cares about any of this stuff Eringer is blabbing about now? It all seem to be old issues that have already had their day?

I didn't really want to talk or post about this case much because it is exactly what Eringer was hoping for! But since he seems to be spitting into the wind and he has more than discredited himself all I can say is I hope he has stockpiled some cash for himself to live on after this?

"I haven’t seen any actually work cited for the last three months of that he is claiming for work owed."

Exactly! This is the only sentence that matters! So in a court of law, end of story--he has no case!

"Eringer’s observed several people, both men and women, extort Albert and get handsomely rewarded"

That Eringer himself seems to acknowledge and glorify in his own statements!

This is why I have gone on for so long about how wrong it is for people to think they can pay off people with money or give into their demands to get them to go away and disappear, it never works--it instead is a sure way to keep these people around you forever, because It only serves to empower these people and invite more greedy, unethical people to surround someone.

I understand people wanting to avoid situations, but once you see someone cannot be trusted and tries to manipulate you with threats of blackmail because they feel they have something over you, you have to get them out of your life as quick as possible and face up to whatever it is that they are threatening you with. Deflate them--take the wind out of their sails!

No one is perfect and I believe people care more about who someone is in the present moment, not their past. I too hope Albert is more conscience in the future about the type of people he chooses to surround himself with instead of always trying to justify their actions. In spite of all that is said I believe Albert has his own strengths that will make him a good monarch in the future if he hasn't or doesn't let the wrong people around him influence him? In spite of having a few lessons to learn first, I still think Albert will prove to be a popular Monarch, because I think he is genuinely a good guy who is sincere in wanting to do good things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Monaco has a constitutional and hereditary monarchy. PA acts as a nominal ceremonial Head of State, but only within parameters of a written constitution.

Political power is exercised by the Minister of State (similar to a Prime Minister) and by the Conseil national.

Sorries aside, I said he was in fact if not in name. Monaco has been a "constitutional" monarchy since Albert I but Louis II suspended that constitution as did Rainier III who then re-worked it. It remains today but the fact is that Albert II still has final say on everything that happens, he has the last word in court decisions and can effectively do as he pleases, either outright or by appointing new officials who will act according to his wishes. He appoints the Minister of State and all proposed laws require his assent to go into effect. He appoints the judges on the Supreme Court from a list of suggestions but he does not like any of them he can always ask for more. He also has the authority to expel anyone from the country for any reason and he can dissolve the National Council any time he likes.

You accuse me of calling him an "absolutist", which I never did, but the tone indicates some sort of accusation. It is not -it is a simple description of his duties as monarch. Considering all of the above he is certainly not a limited, symbolic monarch and the Prince of Monaco never has been. I wouldn't call Albert II an "absolutist" anymore than I would the Prince of Liechtenstein but both are effectively absolute monarchs who are actually required to govern their countries and who have the last word in political and judicial matters.

No! :eek: At least I certainly don't. I can see the sense in MyAdia's basic point about Albert being naive. That was commented on long before his coming to the throne. Such a nice guy, perhaps too nice to be an effective ruler whereas, say what you will about Rainier III he was a strong, determined and forceful sovereign prince. Ask Aristotle Onasis or even his sister for that matter. I think alot of people overlook the immense weight of responsibility that is on Prince Albert. He is, in fact if not in name, an absolute monarch with far more big decisions to make than the Queen of Great Britain or the King of Sweden. That means it takes a certain kind of individual to really succeed in that position. He cannot just smile and wave and cut ribbons, he has to actually rule. I guess we will see how he handles this latest crisis, I hope everything works out for him but I also hope something will jolt him hard enough that he learns that not every man or woman he meets is as well meaning as he is.

I agree Bones, I think it must have been hard to come to the throne knowing there was a perceived idea that Albert was weak (enough that may have had him believing or acting in a way that fulfilled this idea) just because he had a different personality than that of his father's.

Rainier had his own strengths for sure and who could not admire him, however having a reputation for a big temper is also weakness, because it only goes to telegraph when someone has lost self control and has switched from working out of a reasonable cognitive place into reacting from an emotional uncontrollable place. It shows that someone or something has hit a nerve and gotten to you, and you are reacting from a vulnerable place that makes you react emotionally. Sometimes it's hard to avoid we are all full of emotions, but I think some people (I don't mean you or your post Bones) are mistaken when they take this part of Rainiers personality as some sign of strength. When women react this way they are called hysterical ;). I think this quick tempered part of Rainiers personality that he was known for actually show where his vulnerabilities and his weaknesses were. That too will make other people fearful of telling those kind of personalities the truth or about they things they ought to but may not want to know. (IMO) I think it was probably Rainiers intelligence and keen perception of people and their motives, his innovative ideas, and ability to follow through that were his strengths, more than his outward personality that people often refer to. Rainier too had his own challenges, but he even acknowledged that Albert would have to face different challenges like the EU for example that he didn't have to deal with. I still think Albert is his own man but at the same time Rainiers son, he was the one that trained him, so I think with time after he gets more confidence in himself, he will do his best in adopting some of his fathers strengths in ruling Monaco but probably in his own style.

I think we are aware of this, but exercises power with Albert's approval? Isn't Albert the one that actually appoints this person to this position? Or am I wrong about this?

ETA: Sorry Bones, and Thank you, I missed the post where you addressed this.:flowers:

I agree with you. I don't think though that Rainier was unable to control his temper or that he was ever hysterical. Prince Albert said he certainly had his limits and there were times you stayed out of dad's way but I look to what might have been his most painful experience which was the political efforts against him by Princess Antoinette. He could have had her and her clique arrested and charged with treason, and he may well have been tempted to, but in the end he did nothing to her, he took control of the situation, put on a good public face and denied that any major crisis had taken place. As much as Onasis infuriated him he always kept up a friendly front.

One reason I've never been as critical of Albert as some is because of the different challenges he has to face. Alot of people are upset that, unlike his father, he has not married, had a family and does not stay often at home. However, while I would prefer it if he did, I'm not too critical of this because Albert has to be more of a 'salesman' than Rainier had to be. His marriage to Princess Grace was almost enough on its own to bring attention and fresh business to Monaco, but Albert II has to go out and hustle to attract investment and put the best possible face on the principality. He's trying to be relevant in the fast and crowded world of today. Where I think Albert could learn some lessons from his father's example is in choosing his relationships more wisely. Rainier did not trust people so easily and he did not hesitate to expel those who were causing problems, even members of his own family. Being a sovereign prince means making very tough decisions at times and being a little hard-nosed when the situation demands it. This is where I think Albert is having problems. Like many nice guys he fails to see the dubious motives of others and seems reluctant to deal forcefully with certain issues.

Glistening Seas

:harvest: It would be difficult to describe PA as weak. Firstly, at a time when his father's death PA put up with that whole situation with Acknowledging his children is not a sign of a weak man and he strived to do it in the best possible manner that he could considering the circumstances he found himself in. Honestly truth be told the fact he has children was imho really blown out of proportion; considering the entire world seems to have children while unmarried. In this regard i think Eringer is really attempting to re-hash info that has already been out there. i read the articles about Jazmin & Alexander and all they said was PA had children and he acknowledged them. This is old news at best.

has anyone actually 'sure' there is a video??? we read somewhere the video didn't even exist?? however, even if it did it's still not news since PA is single and it was forever ago. So it's surprising the idiot whom filmed that has been silly enough to think that it's somehow going to be 'relevant' to anything considering anyone single can have sex with whom they wish and it's not considered news!!

It seems it's all been done in a bad taste manner. I'm inclined to think the Eringer book isn't going to be the best seller he'd hoped it would be:lol::advent:

:harvest: ...Honestly truth be told the fact he has children was imho really blown out of proportion; considering the entire world seems to have children while unmarried. In this regard i think Eringer is really attempting to re-hash info that has already been out there. i read the articles about Jazmin & Alexander and all they said was PA had children and he acknowledged them. This is old news at best.
I have no idea what you are talking about; there are no articles in Eringer's lawsuit about these two children. There is a copy of a March 2006 14-page e-mail/letter written by an agent of Jazmin and this is what I mentioned in my above posts. Perhaps you are confusing the three Le Figaro articles that I posted. As I mentioned in my post, I linked to the May/June 3006 articles (mainly the May 30th one) as collaboration evidence for the 14-page letter that Eringer attached (since some doubted the content of the letter as real). I am only suggesting that you read the lawsuit if you want to know what Eringer has to say.
has anyone actually 'sure' there is a video??? we read somewhere the video didn't even exist?? however, even if it did it's still not news since PA is single and it was forever ago. So it's surprising the idiot whom filmed that has been silly enough to think that it's somehow going to be 'relevant' to anything considering anyone single can have sex with whom they wish and it's not considered news!!
Do you have a link to an article or other source where it is mentioned that there is no video tape? If Salzman has stated this, it would really knock some wind out of Eringer's sail. I would love to read it because it will actually be great if no tape exists becasue that means no one has or can blackmail Albert about it. A man having a "sex video" is no big deal for most people, but it can become a big deal if someone uses the video to extort the man or to gain favors from him. As for relevancy, in the lawsuit Eringer claims that the video has been relevant to the video taker (which I posted the claims how relevant above). As my posted excerpt from the lawsuit implies, many people have supposedly seen the alleged video (at the original party and afterward), therefore you shouldn't assumed that the veracity of such a video or the act itself is just ONE person's word against Albert's. It is great that you are an unconditional fan of Prince Albert; I am a fan also, but not an unconditional one. Please read the lawsuit before you start spreading rumors or misinformation as facts - as to what Eringer states in the lawsuit (whether his claims are true is another story). The reason that I posted the information directly from the lawsuit and linked to the actual lawsuit is to reduce misinformation. Go directly to the source to know what Eringer said. If Albert responds to this suit (instead of invoking diplomatic immunity), then read his side (I'll be surprised if he does respond, but it will be hard to not respond and then file a counter suit). Actually, if you read the letter and read from the beginning of the Jazmin threads on this forum, you might be surprised of other corroboration about the veracity of this letter. Really, this letter is the least of Albert's problems about this lawsuit. However, many portion of this the letter does serve as a private vindication for some posters who have been following this story from the beginning in this forum. Perhaps that's why some (like me) are more inclined to believe that it is real.

Glistening Seas

:harvest: hmm the link didn't download for me! So the only things i read were the 3 articles. As far as the video it was some other poster whom said it might not be real? but even if it is my only point is that since PA is single and as a rule a single individual varied sex life isn't considered news and since it was long ago imho isn't going to be holding anyone's interest as news. :advent:

I agree with you. I don't think though that Rainier was unable to control his temper or that he was ever hysterical....

Oh Bones, I didn't mean to infer this about Rainier to this degree :flowers: (I liked and admired him very much), just that he seems to have a bit of a reputation as being a little bit of a bad a## regarding his temper later in his life, and that he had a different style than Albert and so Albert was assumed weaker because he expresses himself in a more low key manner perhaps? I mean you say Albert was perceived weak even before he had a chance to perform in the job?

I'm not sure how much of this notion as being weak maybe wasn't drummed into Albert before he even had a chance to step up into the job. Sometimes kids/people grow up to fulfill the ideas put into their heads by someone--if they hear something enough they start excepting it as true and go on to fulfill what people have convinced them of, even if they don't realize it? If enough people say something of someone it's hard sometimes for that person to not deep down start questioning themselves without realizing they are conforming to fulfill that legacy. Albert has a bigger burden than most men and it's not that difficult to make anyone feel unsure or insecure about themselves, especially if enough people pile on. People generally want to be liked in the world and that is probably where Albert is vulnerable. Not that he isn't, but he may not always perceive that he is? He's naturally a nice guy, he doesn't really need to try that hard. I think some people probably take his open personality for granted.

I just think that Albert gets a lot of flack for having a different style than his father regardless, but I'd be the first one to say Albert has been slow in wising up to people with their own agendas and it would seem these are the very people Albert listens to far too often. Naturally these people are going to try to discredit certain people in Albert's eyes that have any influence with him. They'll be quick to convince Albert to dismiss anyone that is smart enough to see through them and that gets in their way, or that will advise Albert of it. I think Albert may be naive in letting people appeal to his ego too much and not his best interest? I don't think Albert realizes how much of a magnet he really is to these people and how much caution he needs to take with people eager to get close to him. I'm sure he would like to feel that not everyone is out to get him and that he has some people on his side but he needs to learn how to spot and weed out people who are not acting in his best interest.

Bones regarding Rainier, my post was also in reference to what Albert mentioned in an earlier interview, perhaps even the same one that you mention? He seemed to say because of Rainer's temper and style that people were not always eager to have face to face meetings with him--no one wanted to be the messenger I guess :). Albert seemed to think because of this, Rainier had less direct contact with certain people and just too many layers of advisers that it meant communications were not always as direct or accurate as they could be and that is why he wanted to thin out some of the advisers himself early on? I'm not sure that this was really true, but this is what Albert seemed to be saying in explaining why he wanted to have a more direct relationship and hands on approach, but then I think he reversed that idea himself and started delegated more? Do you remember reading any of this?

It seems that Albert’s New York based-attorney filed the appropriate response to Eringer’s lawsuit and called this case for what it is, but he also asserts Albert’s entitlement to diplomatic immunity (which Eringer must have known that he would).
Stanley S. Arkin, Counsel for H.S.H. Prince Albert II of Monaco, Files Motion to Dismiss Meritless Complaint of Robert Eringer; Declares Eringer's Lawsuit "a Crude 'Shake Down' or Blatant Extortion"

NEW YORK and MALIBU, Calif., Nov. 10 /PRNewswire/ -- Stanley S. Arkin, legal counsel for Prince Albert II of Monaco ("Prince Albert"), today filed in federal court in California a motion on Prince Albert's behalf calling for the court to dismiss the meritless lawsuit of Robert Eringer. By filing this lawsuit, Eringer is attempting to misuse the U.S. judicial system to extract undeserved monies from Prince Albert.

Mr. Arkin stated, "Simply put, Robert Eringer, like his attempted lawsuit, is not credible. In fact, he dresses up his complaint with pages upon pages of unrelated and seemingly bizarre anecdotes which have nothing to do with his so-called claim. Basically, Eringer's lawsuit couches a modest breach-of-contract claim in a complaint replete with grandiose, scurrilous and largely irrelevant allegations, redolent of a crude 'shake-down' or blatant extortion."
Here’s a link to the entire press release. If you read it, you’ll noticed that Arkin does not use any of the bold wording that Albert’s French-based attorney, Lacoste, used concerning the veracity of each of Eringer’s claims and about suing for defamation of character. They really do not have to, more importantly they should not address the veracity of each of Eringer’s claim. As I mentioned before, Eringer’s 100-plus claims of work performed are irrelevant to what he is suing for. The lawsuit is a clear case of extortion. Arkin even mentions a September 2009 letter that where Eringer demands money to not file the suit. Hopefully, someone will scan a copy of the entire motion and place it online to be read. I wonder if Eringer’s attorney will place a link to this motion on his blog as he did to Eringer’s complaint.

It’s good that Albert is standing up to this extortionist. I just hope that he starts standing up to others.

:harvest: hmm the link didn't download for me! So the only things i read were the 3 articles. As far as the video it was some other poster whom said it might not be real? but even if it is my only point is that since PA is single and as a rule a single individual varied sex life isn't considered news and since it was long ago imho isn't going to be holding anyone's interest as news. :advent:
Here's the link again to Eringer's complaint. You will need Adobe Reader to actually read it. Here's a link to download the latest version of Adobe Reader for free.

Forget the video. If a video does exist, I don't think the video will hurt Albert in the long-term since most people do not see him as a sexually pure saint. The more damaging items in the lawsuit are the many references to the people in and out of Monaco that Eringer investigated supposedly at Albert's request. I believe that one's perspective (if you currently believe that everything in it is false) about this case will change if you actually read the lawsuit - well if you want it to change. Also, I feel that people will walk away with a deeper understanding about Albert's commitment to ridding Monaco of corruption. I would love to see Albert stand up to the principles and promises that he made in his July 12, 2005 Investiture speech, "I intend however that ethics remain the backdrop for all the actions of the Monegasque authorities. Ethics are not divisible. Money and virtue must be combined permanently. The importance of Monaco's financial market will require extreme vigilance to avoid the development of the type of financial activities which are not welcome in our country." But, he cannot do this as long as he gives people the power to extort him.

I would second that. I may have missed some pertinent information but I cannot understand why the case was brought in the United States. What did they think would happen? Even if the case went to trial and even if Prince Albert were found guilty they could not very well carry out sentence on him as he is a foreign head of state and beyond their jurisdiction. Is that correct? Even if the whole thing were true I don't see how anything violates U.S. law being done in Monaco between two foreign nationals and with one of them being the law in the one country and beyond the law in the other. Again, I may be missing something but...:ermm:

**On a prior point, I think Rainier III will be remembered as one of the greatest monarchs in Monegasque history and I think he could be a bad**s at times; when it was necessary. This is not part of Albert's character but he may be learning even now that sometimes the leader of a country has to be a bit of a bad**s at times.

I can't see PA as a victim of anyone or anything.

From the day when Rainier clad his little son in his first uniform, Albert has been learning about his future job from his father. He has had 50+ years to acquire the knowledge, tenacity and "savoir-faire" needed for the job of Sovereign Head of State.

He will also have watched at close hand the inevitable intrigues, machinations etc. that are normal in a government or royal/princely court.

When he took over after his father's death, many people would likely have seen this as an opportunity to exploit PA, thinking he was easy to deceive or influence.

I believe he is a rational person who knows who and what he is, and who has a rational view of his talents, achievements and failings.

This current debacle will soon be yesterday's (or yesteryear's) news.

I don't think I understand. Being a victim of someone is not a character flaw or a personal failing -it just means someone has attacked you in some way. Albert II is either the victim of this man or he's guilty of all he is accused of and a pretty horrible person -I don't see any other options. I havn't heard anyone say that Albert doesn't know "who and what he is" but he seems to have a problem knowing who and what a number of other people are. Maybe this will be the event that makes the difference. I would think that after all of the experiences of his family he wouldn't be quite so trusting but there also are and have been alot of good people who always see the best in others and cannot, because of their own character, recognize bad guys (or gals) when they see them.

Glistening Seas

:harvest: Given the pre-historic condition of my computer dowinloading the link may be unmanageable!. however, reading what little we have it appears what Mr. Eringer is doing is claiming that Mr. Eringer wants 'hush-money' in exchange for Eringers silence about whom PA had wanted investigated. totally lacking in good taste imho :advent:

I would second that. I may have missed some pertinent information but I cannot understand why the case was brought in the United States. What did they think would happen? Even if the case went to trial and even if Prince Albert were found guilty they could not very well carry out sentence on him as he is a foreign head of state and beyond their jurisdiction. Is that correct? Even if the whole thing were true I don't see how anything violates U.S. law being done in Monaco between two foreign nationals and with one of them being the law in the one country and beyond the law in the other. Again, I may be missing something but...:ermm:

**On a prior point, I think Rainier III will be remembered as one of the greatest monarchs in Monegasque history and I think he could be a bad**s at times; when it was necessary. This is not part of Albert's character but he may be learning even now that sometimes the leader of a country has to be a bit of a bad**s at times.

I couldn't agree with you more here Bones and my posts regarding Albert and Rainier were only in reply to pasts posts brought up by others here regarding Rainier and Albert's style, possible relationship, and Rainier's responses to Albert's personal relationships, etc.... As far as the current case is concerned from the first time I read about it I didn't give it much weight because it seemed it was brought forth for no other reason than to embarrass Albert or to take some some kind of revenge?

I can't see PA as a victim of anyone or anything.

From the day when Rainier clad his little son in his first uniform, Albert has been learning about his future job from his father. He has had 50+ years to acquire the knowledge, tenacity and "savoir-faire" needed for the job of Sovereign Head of State.

He will also have watched at close hand the inevitable intrigues, machinations etc. that are normal in a government or royal/princely court.

When he took over after his father's death, many people would likely have seen this as an opportunity to exploit PA, thinking he was easy to deceive or influence.

I believe he is a rational person who knows who and what he is, and who has a rational view of his talents, achievements and failings.

This current debacle will soon be yesterday's (or yesteryear's) news.

Renata, I agree with you too, I think power struggles like this always happen when there are new guys in charge and Rainier also had his share of problems with people testing him. I also think Rainier trained Albert well, even if he naturally has a more trusting nature of some people. I guess it is a good thing he is learning now first hand about the kind of people he will have to navigate in his path early in is reign, both in his professional and personal life. Better sooner than later.;):)

:previous:Yes, that's why, as things stand now, I'm most inclined to view this as some sort of a publicity stunt by a media hound more than anything else. I cannot see how he could realistically have expected to win or get anything out of it other than notoriety and 15 minutes of fame.

Here’s the link (28-page pdf file) to the actual motion that Albert’s lawyer, Stanley Arkin, filed on Nov 10, 2009. The primary basis for having the lawsuit dismissed is stated in the opening paragraph: “By virtue of his position as Monaco's sovereign and head-of-state, His Serene Highness Prince Albert II of Monaco ("Defendant" or "H.S.H. Prince Albert II of Monaco" or "Prince Albert") is immune from the jurisdiction of courts in the United States. Notwithstanding that fact, Plaintiff has filed this meritless lawsuit, which couches a modest breach of contract claim in a Complaint replete with grandiose, scurrilous and largely irrelevant allegations, redolent of a crude "shake-down" or blatant extortion.” Also, here's the link to Eringer's lawyer's response to Albert's motion to dismiss.

I’ve only skimmed through the motion, but thus far I haven’t come across the words that Lacoste was using in the public – basically stating that mostly everything in Eringer’s lawsuit was false and make-believe. As I earlier, that was a stupid position to take for this breach of contract lawsuit. Arkin does note this: “Unless otherwise indicated, all of the "facts" discussed in this motion are taken from Plaintiffs Complaint (the "Complaint" or "CompL."). For the limited purpose of this motion, Plaintiffs assertions are assumed to be true, but Defendant reserves the right to challenge any of Plaintiffs assertions when appropriate to do so. See, e.g., Blaxland v. Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions, 323 F.3d 1198, 1201 (9th Cir. 2003) (assuming facts alleged in complaint to be true in reviewing a motion to dismiss based on sovereign immunity under the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act).”

Here is a summary of the arguments that Arkin cites why Eringer’s Complaint should be dismissed.
1. Plaintiff's complaint must be dismissed or stayed because Defendant is shielded by head-of-state immunity.
2. Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act: In 1976, Congress enacted the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act ("FSIA"), which codified the Tate Letter's theory of restrictive immunity and provided a "comprehensive statute containing a ‘set of legal standards governing claims of immunity in every civil action against a foreign sovereign, or its political subdivisions, agencies, or instrumentalities.’”
3.Personal Jurisdiction” An additional, independent ground for dismissal is that this Court lacks personal jurisdiction over Defendant.

In addition to arguing why Eringer’s Complaint should be dismissed, Arkin asks the Court: “Separate and apart from this Court's determination of Defendants Motion to Dismiss, and so long as the Complaint in this case is under the Court's consideration, Defendant also moves to strike from the Complaint the voluminous immaterial, impertinent, and scandalous matter pursuant to Fed. R. Civ. P. 12(f).” Arkin lists 2 main reasons why the above should be done:
A. The Legal Standard: Fed. R. Civ. P. 12(f) allows a court to "strike from a pleading. . . any redundant, immaterial, impertinent, or scandalous matter."
B. Issues To Be Decided: As to Plaintiffs breach of contract claim, the questions to be decided center on the terms of the parties' purported agreement, Plaintiffs performance of his contractual obligations during the first quarter of 2008 (the three months for which payment is in dispute), and Defendant's alleged failure to make payment for that quarter…Allegations relating to Plaintiffs "investigations" and Defendant's personal activities have no place in this Complaint. These allegations appear to have been included solely to elicit media interest, to cast a "derogatory light" on Defendant, and to create extortive pressure on Prince Albert; they should therefore be stricken.”

Arkin concludes his Motion with the following: WHEREFORE, Defendant respectfully requests that this Court grant his motions to dismiss the Complaint and to strike immaterial matter.

I'll bet anything that once Eringer's Complaint is dismissed and all the non-relevant material is stuck, Lacoste will say it was because that all of it was untrue; Albert’s apologizers will say the same; Albert will continue living his life he same - indulging himself while others cover his back; corrupters will continue to use his indulgences against him; and Albert will continue to display his private life in the public to demonstrate that everything is fine in fairy tale world - and Monaco will suffer in the long run.

You're right in saying that PA will probably "get away with it". He is fortunate to be the Sovereign Prince, and, as far as I know, the Regency Council cannot take away his immunity from prosecution. (Please correct me if I'm wrong).

Compare his status with other Heads of State, particularly the President of Italy, Silvio Berlusconi, whose immunity was taken away by the Constitutional court.
He will have to stand trial - unless he'll find a loophole.....

Members of royal or princely families will have an in-built advantage, although Prince Laurent of Belgium had some problems....

Today, November 22, Prince Albert attended the final of the
annual "No finish line" event in Monaco, he even participated
himself and gave a little speech afterwards, in the link you
can find a video of that.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

** Video link **

In the evening another sports event has taken place :)

Prince Albert II of Monaco during the Iaaf World Athletics Gala at
the Sporting Club on November 22, 2009 in Monaco.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages ** zimbio **

Last edited:
Pics 23.11.2009

Albert has been to Germany today!

Prince Albert of Monaco recieves the BAUM special award in the
city hall in Hamburg, Germany, November 23, 2009.

It's a prize for people that are involved in environment themes.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** ppe gallery ** gettyimages **

Last edited:
Albert has been to Germany today!

Prince Albert of Monaco recieves the BAUM special award in the
city hall in Hamburg, Germany, November 23, 2009.

It's a prize for people that are involved in environment themes.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** ppe gallery ** gettyimages **
Wow, talk about traveling does HSH have a private Lear jet at his disposal;)

He must have a private Lear Jet, otherwise I don't know how he manages to go to one country to another in no time.
He is looking good in the last pics :)

Wow, talk about traveling does HSH have a private Lear jet at his disposal;)

He owns one for sure! Whenever there are airport pics of
him, we can see a plane with his emblem.

In his speech today Albert praised Germany for it's pioneering role in
climate change: "In everything I do with my foundation, I know that
I can count on Germany and its government with Mrs Merkel," he said
"We are facing a new era that challenges us to develop a new kind
of lifestyle. I am sure that especially Germany will accept this challenge."

Here's an additional article in German and a picture gallery :

** Article ** Gallery **

Has Robert Eringer visited anyone else's Monaco blog? Even with all of the heavy duties of being a writer, secret agent man and legal foe of Prince Albert he still seems to find time to make comments on Monaco-related blogs that are of the opinion he's a media hound; an impression not helped by his own new blog "Monaco Intelligence" wherein he basically calls Albert II a big, fat, liar liar pants on fire:furious:. I wondered if this comment on my struggling little blog was part of some e-carpet bombing campaign on his part. Anyway, it certainly doesn't make me take him any more seriously as someone with a legitimate complaint rather than someone trying to have their 15 minutes by tossing around the dirty laundry of a celeb.

Thanks, Bones.
I've read the Monaco Inteligence blog. This thing will run and run, I fear.
What is really sad is that they're trying to involve poor Charlene in all this:
"The snowballing scandal prompted France's influential Le Nouvel Observateur magazine to wonder if Prince Albert, 51,....Might attempt to deflect attention from the Eringer affair by marrying his South African maitresse en titre, Charlene Wittstock....
R.E.'s email: eringer33@aol.com

PS I've just trawled through the archive of Le Nouvel Obs, and there's nothing about the lawsuit.

All of which only reaffirms my original impression that this whole thing is nothing so much a bid for attention and publicity. He seems willing to put out all this stuff on his blog, leave comments on any others that mention him, bring up all the stuff about Albert's private life, even dragging Charlene into it, none of which has anything at all to do with his disputed employment contract but seems to me just more and more evidence that he never had any real hope of actually winning his case but is just trying to throw around enough scandalous gossip to make his name well known and get his picture in the papers.

He seems to have slimmed down...again! Prince Albert looks good right now.:flowers:

Bones, I think you're right about the lawsuit just being a red herring.

Worse than that, the general opinion on the web seems to be that Robert Eringer is a fictional character, a sort of Walter Mitty who has been everywhere and has done everything.

Looking back to the court papers, they don't look very businesslike, more like something from a very small banana republic without PCs or competent typists.

Let's hope - once people have had their fun, - that PA, CW, the family and Monaco can get on with the business in hand.

Pics 25.11.2009

Prince Albert II of Monaco, Rama Yade, French Secretary of State
for Sport and Joel Bouzou, president and founder of Peace and Sport,
pose as they arrive at the Opening Ceremony of the Peace and Sport
International Forum on November 25, 2009 in Monaco

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom