Prince Albert II of Monaco Current Events - Part 28 (Sep. 2009 - August 2010)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it was already posted. This is old stuff. On his way to South Africa (or from , I can't remember;)), in June, Albert was in Kenya. Some video from Kenyan news
YouTube - News Round-up

Yesterday, July 23, Prince Albert attended the traditional "Gala de la
Maison de l'Amerique Latine de Monaco". The 19th “Night of Latin
America” was dedicated to Peru and has taken place at the Sporting
Club. Prince Albert is Honorary President of the association.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

Today, July 24, Prince Albert visited the water ski center in Roquebrune-
sur-Argens, France.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

Yesterday, July 23, Prince Albert attended the traditional "Gala de la
Maison de l'Amerique Latine de Monaco". The 19th “Night of Latin
America” was dedicated to Peru and has taken place at the Sporting
Club. Prince Albert is Honorary President of the association.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

Albert grows handsome everyday and I applaud how tireless he works!

I don't know if it was already posted. This is old stuff. On his way to South Africa (or from , I can't remember;)), in June, Albert was in Kenya. Some video from Kenyan news
YouTube - News Round-up

I am happy that Albert's focus is towards Africa, its seldom that people's efforts in the continent are highlighted.

Last edited by a moderator:
On July 24, Prince Albert attended the 50th 'Jazz a Juan' festival in
which the Monte Carlo Philarmonic Orchestra has also been involved
this time, in Juan-Les-Pins, France. It's Europe's longest-running jazz
festival.

** Pic ** belga gallery **

What a coup for PA and the Monaco Philharmonic ! And the Festival is celebrating its 50th birthday...

Juan-les Pins apparently earned itself the soubriquet "The New Orleans of the French Riviera" - a new one on me, I must confess...

50th Jazz à Juan Festival - CityOut Monaco

Eco Art Parade 2010 -- Under the patronage of HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco

mediaroom2009.php

Monaco, 29 July 2010, Monte Carlo Art Gallery |
Taking off July 29, 2010 (until Aug 12, open daily 10am-6pm) in Ottavio Fabbri’s Monte Carlo Art Gallery, the opening event for 2010 Eco Art Parade of Jewellery will display 35 unique pieces created to depict two protagonists of the air — the Asiatic Hornbill and the U.A.E.’s Saker Falcon from July 29th until August 13th. This collection of jewelry was conceived and created by top designers such as Carlo Cerlati, Kenzo, Horus, Kholoud Kurdi Osama and Pomellato to name only a few ( full list attached) and will take flight from Monaco to Abu Dhabi by way of Singapore (Aug 20 – Sept 10, 9am-8pm, Ion Orchard Gallery) before being auctioned by Sotheby’s Lord Mark Poltimore in Abu Dhabi on Nov 13th, at the spectacular YAS HOTEL (jewelry on display from Nov 10th in the YAS Hotel lobby around the clock) at the F1 Grand Prix Yas Island Marina Circuit.

The Eco Art Parade 2010, under the High Patronage of His Serene Highness Prince Albert ll of Monaco and His Excellency Sheikh Nahayan Mabarak Al-Nahayan is a fundraising initiative through which proceeds will be divided amongst five foundations: Foundation Prince Albert ll of Monaco, BirdLife International, Una Energy Children’s Fund (UNECF), Hafiz and a foundation selected by His Excellency Sheikh Nahayan Mabarak Al-Nahayan. Sponsored by the Farjam Collection and Una Energy.

Eco Art International, born two years ago in Monaco, has fused passion and preservation, to create a sustainable art project raising funds to help safeguard the world’s winged heritage.
His Excellency Sheikh Nahayan Mabarak Al-Nahayan emphasizes that “…we have the responsibility, indeed the duty, to be worthy custodians of the natural resource that was entrusted to us and we must continue to find ways to protect our natural environment.” Eco Art’s 2009 auction, with more than 500 participants, raised $1 million. A significant amount of this amount is helping to repopulate the Bonelli Eagle and other endangered species throughout the Mediterranean through the Foundation Prince Albert ll of Monaco.
To see last years event and this years update go to www.ecoartinternational.com

# 487

Is this the same Mike Powers who was PA's friend, and the son of Grace's best friend ?? He's aged well, judging from the pic...

He's listed here as an Organiser of prestigious sports events in Monaco.

Albert is back in Monaco and attended an interesting event: The
4th edition of the Islamic Fashion Festival Charity Gala that has
taken place at La Salle Des Etoiles Sporting Club of Monaco for
its first European venue. All the benefit will be go to the Prince
Albert II Foundation. It's worth taking a look at the gallery to get
an idea of the fashion ideas. In some cases much better than what
we've seen at the last event at the Sporting Club ;)

Prince Albert II of Monaco poses with Malaysia's Prime Minister Najib Razak
as they arrive at the Islamic Fashion Festival in Monte Carlo August 9, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

A veritable feast for the eyes, Iceflower, many thanks.

You're right about the quality of dress - as compared with the Red Cross Ball...

No Charlene, but that's as it should be.

Renata4711, I was mainly thinking of Stephanie..;)

Yesterday, August 16, Prince Albert attended the closing concert
of the 61st music festival of Menton, France.

** Pic ** belga **

PA didn't have to travel far, as Menton is right next door to Monaco, and on the border with Italy.

The music will have pleased him also, I think, because, apart from Handel, Rossini and Strauss, there was some American music:

Aaron Copland's Fanfare for the Common Man
Lenny Bernstein's West Side Story
C, Kraken - Brass Cats Suite
Kurt Weill's Mack the Knife.

Prince Albert looks at jewellery designed by Milena Zevu after launching the
Eco Art Parade of Jewellery exhibition in Singapore on August 20, 2010.

The 35 piece collection created by various top designers features an aviary
theme and is to be auctioned following a tour ending in Abu Dhabi on Nov.
13. Eco Art International aims to mix passion and preservation, creating
sustainable art projects in the hope of safeguarding the world's birds.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

Prince Albert looks at jewellery designed by Milena Zevu after launching the Eco Art Parade of Jewellery exhibition in Singapore on August 20, 2010.

I think Ms Wittstock will get some jewelry from Prince Albert?:flowers:

PA combining business with pleasure again ..... not sure, though, which is the business and which the pleasure.

He's supporting the four Monegasque waterbabies - that must be business AND pleasure, surely?

And the jewellery isn't just an excuse to buy some baubles for his fiancée - the eco theme is important for FPA, but also as a head of state who tries to raise Monaco's profile at every occasion and in every country he visits.

PA combining business with pleasure again ..... not sure, though, which is the business and which the pleasure.

He's supporting the four Monegasque waterbabies - that must be business AND pleasure, surely?

And the jewellery isn't just an excuse to buy some baubles for his fiancée - the eco theme is important for FPA, but also as a head of state who tries to raise Monaco's profile at every occasion and in every country he visits.
they aren't all waterbabies...one's taekwon do.
And it could be business mixed with pleasure...this whole trip could be considered pleasure, as i think even if he weren't the head of state of Monaco, he'd be there supporting the kids-especially his niece.

Here's a few articles I found, one of PA at the Games, the other about the jewlery collection:
ISAF : Youth Olympic Games : Prince Albert Praises 'Amazing Spirit' of Singapore Games
Channel NewsAsia - Monaco's Prince Albert launches jewellery exhibition in S'pore - channelnewsasia.com

Time to close this thread!
The new one can be found here!​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom