Prince Albert II of Monaco Current Events - Part 27: November 2008 - September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two heartwarming pictures :)

Prince Albert invited 61 children from France (Dept. Seine-et-Marne) to the Palace, of which 6 have cancer, in remission.
Maud Fontenoy was present, she supports some of the children, most of whom had never seen the sea.

Monaco.maville.com Journée de la mer : le pays où le prince fait rois les enfants

After giving the children a personal guided tour of the palace, Prince Albert handed out presents to them at the Musée Océanographique, then showed them Maud Fontenoy's yacht in which she circumvented the world.
Monaco.maville.com "Ils sont très motivés pour aider Maud"

Glistening Seas

:hellokitty: So glad to see the pics of the kids all having fun!!

:butterfly:Even more wonderful to see that some of the sick children are feeling better!! :champagne:

:globe:Certainly the Oceanographic musee must have been wonderful and PA must have had his hands full!!

:heart1:However, he seemed to be having a good time. :thistle::bee:

i liked this quote from the article:
“The man couldn’t have been nicer,” Frankel said. “He was charming and not imposing, like dealing with somebody you know you might play basketball with.”
It's kinda I imagine Prince Albert is.

Glistening Seas

:cheers: it seems like the meeting must have been fun for both of them and; he got to see the palais again!!

:sun: It certainly seems to have been a long time coming; but, as we all know schedules must tremendously full on both sides of the pond on that topic.

:sun:A baseball collection---ohhh wonder whose baseballs are in that collection?? babe ruth maybe???!!!:bee::heartflower:

Pics 14.6.2009

Prince Albert II celebrated the 25th anniversary of the rosery
Roseraie Fontvieille, created by Prince Rainier III in tribute to
Princess Grace, Monaco, June 14, 2009

Surely a wonderful garden now in June..

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice photos, I realy like the one with the statue in the background which I assume is Grace. The recent bronze was a bust wasn't it, or was it this statue? Does anyone have some more details about it? Thanks :flowers:

Glistening Seas

:butterfly: Must say the pics of PA today are beautiful it seems PA is getting more streamlined and it's noticable!

:thistle:The flower of Pss. Grace is beautiful and so wonderful there is a garden sector for her.

:rose:That has to be 'one' of PA most beautiful collection of suits. it seems the press had beautiful weather for such gorgeous pics!!! :rose2:

PA did look wonderful today. Such a wonderful garden and event :flowers:

Pics 15.6.2009

Prince Albert and Jean Michel Cousteau at a photo
exhibition about the flora and fauna of the Brazilian
Amazonas forest, Monaco, June 15, 2009

Last edited:
PA did look wonderful today. Such a wonderful garden and event :flowers:

I agree, the second picture is really nice with Albert's choice of clothes for the event and the photographer framed that shot up nice getting the statue in the picture and I even like the pink rose in the foreground. Nice job. :flowers:

He looks so statesmanlike .... yet another facet of the versatile Albert...

A postage stamp with the statue....
http://pluq59.free.fr/image/Monaco/2004/2428.jpg

...and the current one for the 25th anniversary of the opening of the Roseraie:
Google Image Result for http://www.oetp-monaco.com/images/boutique/43/09Roseraie.gif

Monaco stamps:
www.oetp-monaco.com

Thanks Renata. I really like the stamps and thank you for providing additional information on the earlier event I asked about.:flowers:

Glistening Seas

:parrot:Isn't there another Custeau out of Monaco as well or are they related???

:rose:The postage stamp was one of the lovliest one's we have seen coming out of Monaco yet because it's simply so colorful. Naturally such a colourful place as Monaco.

:butterfly: the pics were fab it must have been a treat to have them there.
:rose:Certainly anything out of the Brazilian Amazon forests must be beautiful! :bee::heartflower:

Prince Albert and Jean Michel Cousteau at a photo
exhibition about the flora and fauna of the Brazilian
Amazonas forest, Monaco, June 15, 2009

Thanks Iceflower,

I was wondering if Albert and the Cousteau family were involved together on anything? :flowers: I'll have to read up on this event.:cool:

:parrot:Isn't there another Custeau out of Monaco as well or are they related???

:rose:The postage stamp was one of the lovliest one's we have seen coming out of Monaco yet because it's simply so colorful. Naturally such a colourful place as Monaco.

:butterfly: the pics were fab it must have been a treat to have them there.
:rose:Certainly anything out of the Brazilian Amazon forests must be beautiful! :bee::heartflower:
I think there is some bad feelings between the original Cousteau, he had a secret family and when his wife died he married the women he had also had children with and then he left the Society name to her? But the ones you read about mostly are from the first wife, his one surviving son and his grandchildren from that family I believe. I thought the other family was in France somewhere? I'm not completely straight on it. But I like Ocean Adventures on PBS and I beleive the guy that Albert is with today is Jacques older son? He's based in Santa Barabara, California.

I agree they are probably looking at some really nice pictures.:flowers:

Nice photos, I realy like the one with the statue in the background which I assume is Grace. The recent bronze was a bust wasn't it, or was it this statue? Does anyone have some more details about it? Thanks :flowers:
Maybe you mean Grace's bronze bust uncovered during Albert's official visit in Belgium?...This statue in Monaco garden is a different one.

Thank you! :flowers:That's what I thought. Do you happen to know when this one was done? I'm going to have to try to find some more pictures of it, it looks really nice.

Prince Albert's speech/letter in 2008, on being awarded the "Départ" of the Tour de France:
"I am delighted to announce that the 2009 Tour de France will start from Monaco. The Principality had the pleasure, a very long time ago, of seeing the Tour de France pass through the town, in 1964 for the last time. Forty five years later, we will have the honour of hosting the start if this unique adventure...."
Tour de France 2008 - Grand start 2009

The Départ is on Saturday, July 4th.

I think this is great and I am looking forward to watching it. I bet this year ends up being very popular too. This is a good year for it! :)

Glistening Seas

:butterfly: does AnYoNe know whether or not this course is going to be tougher than all the other courses of the tour de france!!?

:pawprint:It seems to us that it is; however, it really must be quite picturesque shouldn't it??

:globe: It certainly promises to be a fun filled competition which we look forward to seeing happening in Monaco.

:pawprint: We wish all the participants good luck and cannot wait to see it happening :cheers:

Pics 17.6.2009

Prince Albert II of Monaco arrives at the IOC Executive Board and
the 2016 Candidate Cities Briefing at the Olympic Museum on June
17, 2009 at in Lausanne, Switzerland.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Glistening Seas

:flowers: Didn't someone mention on one of the threads that PA said he was going to quit his involvement with the IOC because his schedule is too busy??

:thistle:It's wonderful that he can find the time to be involved with them still. Does anyone know whrtr the 2016 games are going to be held or is this meeting for that ?:heartflower::bee:

Glistening Seas

:globe: The info is helpful it should be interesting to see who is picked for the wonderful event!! So glad to see PA is still involved inspite of his busy schedule! :butterfly:

Just arrived in my inbox:

The latest newsletter of the Fondation Prince Albert II de Monaco.
To subscribe, email newsletter@fpa2.mc or go to the website.

Dear Moderators,
is it worth having a separate thread on the Fondation Prince Albert II ?

"Fifteen days before (Monaco's) entry into the Legend of the Tour de France..."

All over Monaco, the "tricots" of the cyclists are hanging across the streets... great photo... 400 volunteers are getting ready to help on the great day .....

According to Monaco-Matin, the Tour will be "une formidable publicité pour la Principauté" - no translation necessary :)

350 million viewers' eyes will be riveted on the streets of Monaco....

Monaco.maville.com 15 jours avant d'entrer dans la légende du Tour de France...

Glistening Seas

:flowers: what kind of preparations does Monaco have to do for the TOUR DE FRANCE??
:thistle:Aren't they using the same route as the GRAND PRIX?
:champagne: It appears this is a pretty special thing to be happening in Monaco! it will be a beautifully scenic ride and that alone makes it a hugely special occasion for those involved.:heartflower::bee:

Bad news for PA and Monaco:

Through the economic crisis, the Société des Bains de Mer (SBM) has lost 57% of its net income. Albert and some of the family are shareholders.

Monaco.maville.com Crise économique : le résultat net de la SBM plonge de 57 %

Albert attends the centenary celebrations of the Monaco Fire Brigade....

His great-grandfather Albert I founded the "Compagnie des Sapeurs-pompiers de Monaco" on June 19th, 1909.

Nice photo of Albert with two senior firefighters....

Monaco.maville.com Il y a un siècle, les sapeurs-pompiers de Monaco...

TOUR DE FRANCE - Exhibition on the theme of Tour de France, organised by the Museum of Sports in Paris, from June 20th until July 8th, 2009, at the Salle d'Expo....

Do anybody know if Armstrong going to be in Tour De France?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom