Prince Albert II of Monaco Current Events - Part 27: November 2008 - September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks so alone in the first picture.
x

I'm surprised that Albert did not attend the marriage of Prince Jean of Orleans on May 2nd.

Glistening Seas

:flowers: the back drops to the pics make for great interest to add to the pic, even on the one where he was alone. that was a beautiful animal in the background too!! however, all pics turned out beautiful:innocent::cheers:

Pics 6.5.2009

Prince Albert II of Monaco and Elie Wiesel attend a gala dinner
honouring former Nobel Peace Prize winner Elie Wiesel at Hotel
de Paris on May 6, 2009 in Monaco.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery **

Pics 7.5.2009

Prince Albert receives the French minister of finance Eric
Woerth at the Princely Palace of Monaco, May 7, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Glistening Seas

:flowers: It's easy to see Pa is getting more streamlined it's visible in photo's! It was nice to see the mayor of nice as a guest. The trinkinkets in background are almost as fab as the pics of the PA and his guests too!! :bee::rose:

Glistening Seas

:flowers: hadn't realized the Pss Grace awards did so much to help artiste's... that's wonderful!!:champagne:
:polarbear: hopefully we will get pics of the FLOWER SHOW??
:parrot:Is Pa going to accompany Pss. Caroline to the flower show???
:penguin: if PA was....perhaps going to be there that too would be splendid. :butterfly:Of course PA's involvement with the GRACE awards might keep him in Britain for longer however, it would be nice to have photo's of PA at the Pss. Grace awards too??:prettyplease::rose::bee:

:flowers: hadn't realized the Pss Grace awards did so much to help artiste's... that's wonderful!!:champagne:
:polarbear: hopefully we will get pics of the FLOWER SHOW??
:parrot:Is Pa going to accompany Pss. Caroline to the flower show???
:penguin: if PA was....perhaps going to be there that too would be splendid

Prince Albert actually did attend the Flower Bouquet Contest today
together with Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst-August. You can
find pics and information in the following thread :) :

Princely Family of Monaco: Current Events Part 5

Pics 9.5.2009

Albert also attended another event yesterday:

Prince Albert of Monaco attends the Lions Club Monaco
auction, Monaco , May 9, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Glistening Seas

:flowers: We wanted to see the pics of the lions club PA went to! So glad

someone was able to share it with us.
:sun: PA doesn't 'appear' alone in this world at all to us.
:rose:Someone can be married for upteen empty years and experience more lonliness than someone like PA whom is happily single.

:thistle:his father was dating someone for 6 years before finding and marrying PSS. Grace.

Just because he doesn't have marriage plans with CW doesn't mean he

won't marry someone else when he does decide to settle down.
:bee:PA meets and enormous amount of people daily so it's unwise to assume he won't settle down someday. :bee::butterfly:

Glistening Seas

:flowers: There seems to be a lot of fires around. must be the global warming?? these days??
:champagne:Pa looks mah-velous as he plants his trees. He would probably be a great in the garden if he had time for it, of course there isn't much that PA isn't good at we know.
But it's wonderful that he can participate in the tree days:heartflower::bee:

:thistle:his father was dating someone for 6 years before finding and marrying PSS. Grace.

Just because he doesn't have marriage plans with CW doesn't mean he

won't marry someone else when he does decide to settle down.
:bee:PA meets and enormous amount of people daily so it's unwise to assume he won't settle down someday. :bee::butterfly:

Very, very true. But the man is 50 years old. He'd better hurry up, if he wants a legitimate family and children to succeed him.

I don't know were to put this...
Prince Albert bought a painting of his mother by a Flemish painter at an auction.
De Standaard Online - Vlaamse 'Grace Kelly' in Monaco
Flemish painter Peter Engels was asked to donate a painting for an auction of The Lion's Club Monaco. But he decided to make a new one and what better subject could he have taken than Princess Grace. Apparently Prince Albert really liked it and he won the bid.

it is interesting article. I wish we could see pics of this painting of Grace.

Pics 13.5.2009

Albert was in Norway today!

Prince Albert II of Monaco smiles during his visit to the EVS 24,
the International Battery, Hybrid and Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle
Symposium, held in Stavanger, Norway on 13 May 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Albert was in Norway today!

Prince Albert II of Monaco smiles during his visit to the EVS 24,
the International Battery, Hybrid and Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle
Symposium, held in Stavanger, Norway on 13 May 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I presume this is part of his global-warming interest. I hope he used a green form of transport to get from Monaco to Norway and back!

Sadly, he didn't. As usual, he flew via private plane which to me defeats the purpose of any message be presents about the environment.:whistling:

I presume this is part of his global-warming interest. I hope he used a green form of transport to get from Monaco to Norway and back!
The greenest way to travel from Monaco to Norway would have been
swimming, so I guess no ;) In general it's always a bit problematic to
combine the environment interests and work with a environmental-friendly
behavior - congresses hundrets of delegates or head of states like Prince
Albert can only reach by travelling around thalf of the world can get
questionable with that in mind..

He could ride a bike, or do like our ancestors
royal-coach.gif
and there's sailing.

The greenest way to travel from Monaco to Norway would have been
swimming, so I guess no ;) In general it's always a bit problematic to
combine the environment interests and work with a environmental-friendly
behavior - congresses hundrets of delegates or head of states like Prince
Albert can only reach by travelling around thalf of the world can get
questionable with that in mind..

I think the problem many of us are having is that he is traveling all the time. You don't see Prince Charles doing that. In addition, Monaco has many environmental problems of its own and some feel he should be addressing those first. As charity begins at home so should environmental issues. There in lies the problem. Many would like to know what his carbon foot print is.

Glistening Seas

:flowers: Prince Charles and PA are not something that can be compared in that view because P Charles his mum is still on the throne (which is wonderful too) meanwhile....
:rose:PA has to do it all with his sisters whom do a beautiful job. So PA was always doing lots of the travel work when Ranier was around....now PA has to do it PLUS Raniers work Plus Pss. Grace work too!!! (whew just thinking about it makes us tired)
:rose2:As beautifully a job PA is doing lets be realistic he is only human and all that work is bound to keep him busy!!
:butterfly:however, he does a great job:thistle::bee:

:flowers: Prince Charles and PA are not something that can be compared in that view because P Charles his mum is still on the throne (which is wonderful too) meanwhile....
:rose:PA has to do it all with his sisters whom do a beautiful job. So PA was always doing lots of the travel work when Ranier was around....now PA has to do it PLUS Raniers work Plus Pss. Grace work too!!! (whew just thinking about it makes us tired)
:rose2:As beautifully a job PA is doing lets be realistic he is only human and all that work is bound to keep him busy!!
:butterfly:however, he does a great job:thistle::bee:

With all due respect, he doesn't have to do it all by himself. His subjects are not happy with his being absent so much. He now has ambassadors in many places. He has extended family who could take more of a role --not to mention that many of the photos make him look like a ribbon cutter and not a serious leader. What he needs to do is shift gears from being CP Albert to soverign. He doesn't seem to have made the shift. In short he needs to delegate more and only attend the most important functions. JMO

He could also do, as many other Royals do, and fly commercial. It's a lot greener than say his private jet plus two helicopters to the palace and back. Heck, even the Queen of England has flown commercial. There is a note on the blog with a link to the recent article - his subjects are indeed very unhappy with his constant travel without paying attention to his issues at home.

I've said before that I have mixed feelings about environmentalism in general. I think it's great to do things to help the environment, clean things up etc, but I also think it's arrogant to think that human beings have that big of an impact on a planet billions of years old. About Prince Albert II and his travel, I would certainly understand that his people would like him more at home and I can understand questioning how necessary all the trips are. That being said, it is also true that Monaco is similar to one big business and Prince Albert has to "advertise" for his country as it were, keep the little principality from being forgotten and overlooked and make sure potential investors think about Monaco as a place to do business. I doubt the Monegasque would be any happier if their Prince stayed at home but their economy regressed to the way it was in certain past periods when the world basically ignored Monaco.

:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom