The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 06:44 PM
Serene Highness

Smile Glistening Seas

Co-o-o-l-d weather??? hmmm couldn't have been too cold if most of those people were in their bathing suits!!! and... looking like they were having a good time!!! You are right PA does look very streamlined...wonder whom his trainor is?!? The cooler weather "must" have been why some others went with their santa coat and santa hats too hee. (see them on the beach??)

Old 12-31-2008, 09:08 AM
Royal Highness

Albert gets in festive spirit with Santa outfit on chilly principality dip
http://www.hellomagazine.com/photo-g...s/albert-a.jpg

Old 12-31-2008, 11:04 AM
Gentry

Cool The water may be warm ....

But Albert himself is totally cool - Santa Claus wearing sunglasses !

Old 01-01-2009, 04:29 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

In the following link you'll find a kind of New Year's speech
Albert has prepared, a letter to the people of Monaco.

"Notre pays peut compter sur son énergie, ses qualités, ses valeurs"
( "Our country can count on his energy, his qualities, his values")

You can copy the text into Language Tools in order to get an English version
Old 01-01-2009, 01:13 PM
Serene Highness

Smile Glistening Seas

It's for certain the New Year will be great for all.the pics was great and so was the speech very optimistic!! looking forward to seeing the expedition to Antartica pics --hope he's wired!!
Old 01-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Here's an additional link with pics of Albert at the Christmas
bath on December 24, 2008 in Monaco.

Le Prince Albert II de Monaco, frise le ridicule... mais pour la bonne cause !
Old 01-04-2009, 12:21 PM
Royal Highness

Size isn’t all, rules Albert
Size isn’t all, rules Albert - Times Online
Old 01-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks QUEENECE29 for posting this interesting article about Albert.
There are a couple statements by the author that I find annoying:

"The decision to abandon the much vaunted £10 billion expansion scheme has disappointed inhabitants, prompting criticism of the 50-year-old bachelor prince renowned for his interest in green issues." How the author know what people in Monaco think and that they are disappointed. Did he organized poll within Monegasques? There is no poll that would say what people in MC think about Albert's decisions...
Next statement:"Resentment of Albert, the son of Grace Kelly, the Hollywood star, has been fuelled by his decision to set off on a four-week expedition to Antarctica instead of grappling with the financial crisis." Last time I checked Prince Palace website it said : expedition is between 01/05/09 - 01/21/09, so it makes 16 days, so like 2 weeks...
Another example like media make up or twist facts.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 01-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Courtier

Prince Albert of Monaco walks by a Punta Arenas street at his arrival, some 3,150 km south of Santiago, Chile, on 04 January 2009, before his Monday's travel with Chilean students and scientists to visit Antarctica, to make a call due the world wide to the effects of the global climate change in the poles of the earth.

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank
Old 01-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Nobility

That was a very silly article . Out of all the people in the world you could write something negative about? What's this guy's real gripe with Albert?

So, he put a very big and expensive venture on the backburner during a bad economic climate? Sounds like good judgment to me, especially since there was already opposition with messing with Monaco's landscape and environmental concerns. So people "Bid" on the project--they should have all been prepared to lose it regardless. Disappointed perhaps, but "mad" I think there are a lot of other people in the world right now that have a better reason to be a little disgruntled . Also I doubt the people of Monaco are losing any sleep over Albert's love life right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florencia View Post
Prince Albert of Monaco walks by a Punta Arenas street at his arrival, some 3,150 km south of Santiago, Chile, on 04 January 2009, before his Monday's travel with Chilean students and scientists to visit Antarctica, to make a call due the world wide to the effects of the global climate change in the poles of the earth.

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank
Thanks for posting Florencia, he looks happy.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:23 PM
Serene Highness

Smile Glistening Seas

it easy to concur that Monaco doesn't seem to be at all unhappy at the stopping of the building due to the world financial mess right now.

so if they really like the project that much; at a later time they can go ahead with it. It's better than starting it and then having to abandon it because of any unforseen glitch??

The pics turned out fab. It will be good to see whaaat the PA and the scientist can turn up with??? Although, all that snooow geez. it should prove interesting and it's sure that Monagasquen's think so too.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glistening Seas View Post
it easy to concur that Monaco doesn't seem to be at all unhappy at the stopping of the building due to the world financial mess right now.

so if they really like the project that much; at a later time they can go ahead with it. It's better than starting it and then having to abandon it because of any unforseen glitch??

The pics turned out fab. It will be good to see whaaat the PA and the scientist can turn up with??? Although, all that snooow geez. it should prove interesting and it's sure that Monagasquen's think so too.
I didn't take it that they were unhappy about the project being put on hold, but that he away from Monaco so much. Also that they wish he would either marry Charlene or keep her in the background more. Anyway, It sounded to me like the grumbling was about his being gone so much and thus leaving the business of Monaco to his advisors rather than being hands on like his father.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
I didn't take it that they were unhappy about the project being put on hold, but that he away from Monaco so much. Also that they wish he would either marry Charlene or keep her in the background more. Anyway, It sounded to me like the grumbling was about his being gone so much and thus leaving the business of Monaco to his advisors rather than being hands on like his father.
It's his job to meet with other heads of state and to represent Monaco around the globe. He's probably a more "hands-on" head of state than almost any prince of the principality (outside of his father).

The government beauracracy was set up to allow the prince to represent the principality around the globe without worrying about the day to day miniscule governance. The government was set up to run itself with little intercedance from the prince. This doesn't mean that he's not in charge. It just means that he doesn't need to make every little decision.

In my opinion, the prince is doing a great job of balancing the needs of the citizens and guests of the principality, and his goals of pushing the world into a saner approach to the limited environment of this planet.

...and - dare I say - I think the citizens of Monaco would agree with me.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by smdouglas View Post
It's his job to meet with other heads of state and to represent Monaco around the globe. He's probably a more "hands-on" head of state than almost any prince of the principality (outside of his father).

The government beauracracy was set up to allow the prince to represent the principality around the globe without worrying about the day to day miniscule governance. The government was set up to run itself with little intercedance from the prince. This doesn't mean that he's not in charge. It just means that he doesn't need to make every little decision.

In my opinion, the prince is doing a great job of balancing the needs of the citizens and guests of the principality, and his goals of pushing the world into a saner approach to the limited environment of this planet.

...and - dare I say - I think the citizens of Monaco would agree with me.
I hope you realize I was referring to what I thought the article meant not necessarily my viewpoint. Although I do have to say that he is gone a lot more than other heads of state who let their ambassadors and secretaries of state handle many of the tasks he is currently doing. In that regard perhaps the article had a point about his being away so much - on the other hand it represents your point well too with regard to his being hands on. As for the citizens of Monaco, I have heard from several whose opinions seem to fit the articles comments, so it's hard to say since I don't live there.

My recollection of Rainier was that he was completely hands on, so much so, that he preferred to let Grace do the traveling while he held the fort. I'm sure he had his reasons and considering how well he managed Monaco's affairs, Monaco would not be in the position it is today. Times do change and so do governments so Albert is governing the way he thinks is best.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:55 PM
Serene Highness

Maybe this governing style that Rainer had, is not necessary anymore. Times change, Monaco is different than say in 1960s or 1970s. It seems that Albert is delegating. Maybe it is the best way to govern his country now.

A lot of updated pics of Albert from Chile. Thanks everyone. I can't wait for PA pics from Antarctica.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

Old 01-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
Maybe this governing style that Rainer had, is not necessary anymore. Times change, Monaco is different than say in 1960s or 1970s. It seems that Albert is delegating. Maybe it is the best way to govern his country now.

A lot of updated pics of Albert from Chile. Thanks everyone. I can't wait for PA pics from Antarctica.
That was my closing statement. He governs as he feels is necessary.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:29 PM
Courtier

An interview to Prince Albert (before going to Antartica).
Diario El País-España
Mónaco S. A. · ELPAÍS.com
Old 01-28-2009, 02:51 AM
Serene Highness

Some day between his arrival from South Pole expedition and Jan. 24th, PA was in Austria at some party:
Translated version of http://www.oe24.at/leute/Star-Getuemmel_Jetzt_gehts_los_in_Kitz_421317.ece

He will be in Dusseldorf, Germany on Feb. 2:Presseportal: Westdeutsche Allgemeine Zeitung - WAZ: Fürst Albert II. von Monaco besucht Düsseldorf

Old 01-28-2009, 03:31 AM
Super Moderator

Pics 27.1.2009

Prince Albert at the inauguration of the pier Lucciana
in Monaco on January 27, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 01-28-2009, 12:54 PM
Heir Apparent

As a postscript to the Sainte-Dévote celebrations, Prince Albert got together with the Mayor of Lucciana, as well as his Minister of State, Mayor of Monaco etc., to unveil a plaque named "quai Lucciana".

Lucciana (Corsica) and Monaco have been twinned since 2008, mainly because they both have Sainte-Dévote as their Patron Saint.

Picture from Nice-Matin online:
Monaco.maville.com La contre-jetée devient le «quai Lucciana»