The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 06:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, Lance Armstrong is supposed to take part. I'll find the link later...

All the latest from the Tour...
Tour de France 2009 - News

...and Lance...
Basso: Lance Armstrong to be a "rampaging beast" at the Tour de France | Bike World News

Further to post #356, here's a picture of part of the exhibition at the Quay Antoine Premier in Monaco, on loan from the Museum of Sport in Paris.

There are no less than 300 exhibits, including various vintage/veteran bicycles.

Monaco.maville.com La grande boucle * la salle du quai Antoine-Ier

Old 06-26-2009, 02:40 AM
Heir Apparent

The Principality's website for the Tour de France is:

Tour de France 2009 : grand départ du tour de france * monaco les 2, 4 et 5 juillet 2009 (Monaco welcomes the Tour), in French, English and Italian.

It includes "domestic" items such as the different colours of rubbish bags, the need for using ample sunblock, and the inevitable selling of T-shirts and baseball caps.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Have Prince Albert or Princess Stephanie made any comment on the passing of Michael Jackson? I ask this since both of them were close to him during the 90s on the ocassion of several World Music Awards and Stephanie even performed with him a song called "In The Closet".
Old 06-26-2009, 10:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I have deleted posts about Lance Armstrong, as this is not relevant to Prince Alberts current events. Please keep posts relevant.

Thanks

Empress - Monaco Moderator
Old 06-26-2009, 11:41 PM
Serene Highness

Red face Glistening Seas

It certainly would be nice to know what is PA doing to get the Monaco itself ready to receive the tour de france show?

Is the town decorating are the shoppes doing anything unusual to receive all those marvelous people??
hopefully we will see some pics of how things progress till the competition!
Old 06-27-2009, 04:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Hi GlisteningSeas,
have a look at posts #356 and #361, showing the special outdoor exhibition borrowed from the Museum of Sport in Paris, and the cyclists' jerseys suspended across all the main thoroughfares of Monaco. also, 400 volunteers have been drafted in to help with the organisation of the event.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

It seems that yesterday was a very busy day for prince Albert!

Prince Albert at the unveiling ceremony of the solar-powered 61 metres (200 feet) wingspan HB-SIA prototype airplane at the airport in Duebendorf near Zurich June 26, 2009.
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife

Prince Albert at the opening ceremony of the Mediterranean games on June 26, 2009 in Pescara, Italy.
Daylife
Getty
Getty
Old 06-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://i40.tinypic.com/5413m.jpg

It's easy to find Albert in this pic. He's the only man wearing a white suit!
Thanks for the pics giov, Albert looks very good
Old 06-27-2009, 03:47 PM
Nobility

It looks like a tan linen jacket and light colored pants which one would think might be more approppiate for the occassion. The others look mostly like a sea of men attending a business conference in their dark suits rather than being at a sporting event where they all look kind of bored and preoccupied? I like the photos of the first event also, Albert looks very nice in those photos as well.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:12 PM
Serene Highness

Red face Glistening Seas

you know, we were tempted to not mention it but we thought that PA looked the nicest dressed out of all the people there, too!!
it's summertime and PA looks perfectly summerish-ly attired!! So glad someone noticed!!
Old 06-27-2009, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent

PA also looked a lot less preoccupied than, say, Berlusconi :-)
Old 06-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Serene Highness

Hey, I agree that Albert's light suit was matching that occassion better than other state men dark outfits.
PA looks like he is not there at the games opening, thinking about something else.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 06-27-2009, 09:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
PA also looked a lot less preoccupied than, say, Berlusconi :-)
Yes I agree, but the whole bunch of them are all chatting away with each other, like they wish they were somewhere else? It seems like a lot of men also, but I'll have to take a better look at the pics.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:01 AM
Serene Highness

Red face Glistening Seas

the Monaco welcomes the tour sight is deeelightful.

The pics were beautiful. it made for quite interesting reading !!

lots of luck to the participants that trail looks like it takes quite and upward climb doesn't it!! whew!!
Old 06-28-2009, 06:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

I have to disagree with you all.
Prince Albert was obviously the only one, among hundreds of Italian and foreign authorithies, who was wearing the wrong suit at an evening opening ceremony plus gala dinner!
He always wears darker suit when he attends this kind of events, even at soccer matches, tennis matches, etc. as always Kings, Princes and Prime Ministers and other authorities do.
Prince Albert is usually nicely dressed, but this time he made a mistake, probably because it was such a busy day. A mistake we can obviously forgive!

Zimbio gallery
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/9DhTB...t+II+of+Monaco
Old 06-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Nobility

I didn't know it was evening or that there was a gala (no women?) , but still a summer outdoor occassion and a sporting event there is something very comical looking at these pictures of these men in their suits in a stadium. I would have never guessed the occassion of the event they were attending. Maybe he should have worn navy or a dark suit then, but I guess Albert can make a statement when he wants . You're probably right maybe had too many things going on to care about it, and no one else looks like they care what's going on that evening?
Old 06-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Bunte made a report about Prince Albert. He had made the statement that he is not in hurry to wed.

Albert von Monaco: „Noch nicht bereit“ für eine Heirat - BUNTE
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
I didn't know it was evening or that there was a gala (no women?) , but still a summer outdoor occassion and a sporting event there is something very comical looking at these pictures of these men in their suits in a stadium. I would have never guessed the occassion of the event they were attending. Maybe he should have worn navy or a dark suit then, but I guess Albert can make a statement when he wants .
Comical? Sorry Sandsla, but I cannot understand you. I have never seen King Juan Carlos or any other Prince or Prime Minister not wearing a suit in a stadium on a public sporting event, an opening ceremony, when they attend in their role of Kings, Prime Ministers etc. I guess in the USA it is different!
Old 06-28-2009, 03:23 PM
Nobility

You misunderstand me. I just meant (for me) there is something funny about the photos themselves--perhaps it is because they all look so preoccupied or that usually it seems they would have their wives with them--wouldn't they usually for a gala evening? There seems to be so few women? They just look bored and all buddied up together , like someone just rounded them up there and like they don't know exactly why they're really there?

I think usually we are use to seeing some dignitaries (in their dark suits ) at an event along with a crowd of spectators, but all of them together at once in stadium seating....there is something that is just a little amusing about the photos to me? No one looks like they really want to be there? And then with Albert the one guy in a light colored suit--the pictures over all are just kind of funny to me?

I wouldn't presume my one and own personal opinion speaks to any or all or other Americans? Also I think the President of the United States or any other dignitary here can probably handle protocol correctly .
Old 06-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Serene Highness

Wink Glistening Seas

Why wear dark Suits for a sporting event all the time???

Perhaps only the wives whom wanted to go to the events would have come??

Since it's summertime he doesn't appear any less formal in the lighter suit; on the contrary he looks quite summer-y and quite the change of pace.

Maybe the others are used to wearing their usual dark suits and that's okay too.

But, for the summertime it's okay to vary the wardrobe.

Certainly the older one's may seem to want to stick with the usual black suits but PA looks very appropo for the event and for summer as well!

also, the pics could have been taken in the momentary lull before anything was going on??
viva la differance!!