Prince Albert II of Monaco Current Events - Part 27: November 2008 - September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Lance Armstrong is supposed to take part. I'll find the link later...

All the latest from the Tour...
Tour de France 2009 - News

...and Lance...
Basso: Lance Armstrong to be a "rampaging beast" at the Tour de France | Bike World News

Further to post #356, here's a picture of part of the exhibition at the Quay Antoine Premier in Monaco, on loan from the Museum of Sport in Paris.

There are no less than 300 exhibits, including various vintage/veteran bicycles.

Monaco.maville.com La grande boucle Ã* la salle du quai Antoine-Ier

Last edited by a moderator:
Have Prince Albert or Princess Stephanie made any comment on the passing of Michael Jackson? I ask this since both of them were close to him during the 90s on the ocassion of several World Music Awards and Stephanie even performed with him a song called "In The Closet".

I have deleted posts about Lance Armstrong, as this is not relevant to Prince Alberts current events. Please keep posts relevant.

Thanks

Empress - Monaco Moderator

Glistening Seas

:rose: It certainly would be nice to know what is PA doing to get the Monaco itself ready to receive the tour de france show?

:rose:Is the town decorating are the shoppes doing anything unusual to receive all those marvelous people??
:rose:hopefully we will see some pics of how things progress till the competition! :heartflower:

Hi GlisteningSeas,
have a look at posts #356 and #361, showing the special outdoor exhibition borrowed from the Museum of Sport in Paris, and the cyclists' jerseys suspended across all the main thoroughfares of Monaco. also, 400 volunteers have been drafted in to help with the organisation of the event.

It seems that yesterday was a very busy day for prince Albert!

Prince Albert at the unveiling ceremony of the solar-powered 61 metres (200 feet) wingspan HB-SIA prototype airplane at the airport in Duebendorf near Zurich June 26, 2009.
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife

Prince Albert at the opening ceremony of the Mediterranean games on June 26, 2009 in Pescara, Italy.
Daylife
Getty
Getty

It looks like a tan linen jacket and light colored pants which one would think might be more approppiate for the occassion. The others look mostly like a sea of men attending a business conference in their dark suits rather than being at a sporting event where they all look kind of bored and preoccupied? I like the photos of the first event also, Albert looks very nice in those photos as well.

Glistening Seas

:thistle:you know, we were tempted to not mention it but we thought that PA looked the nicest dressed out of all the people there, too!!
:rose: it's summertime and PA looks perfectly summerish-ly attired!! So glad someone noticed!! :cheers:

PA also looked a lot less preoccupied than, say, Berlusconi :)

Hey, I agree that Albert's light suit was matching that occassion better than other state men dark outfits.
PA looks like he is not there at the games opening, thinking about something else.;)

PA also looked a lot less preoccupied than, say, Berlusconi :)

Yes I agree, but the whole bunch of them are all chatting away with each other, like they wish they were somewhere else? It seems like a lot of men also, but I'll have to take a better look at the pics.

Glistening Seas

:hellokitty:the Monaco welcomes the tour sight is deeelightful.

:thistle:The pics were beautiful. it made for quite interesting reading !!

:thistle:lots of luck to the participants that trail looks like it takes quite and upward climb doesn't it!! whew!! :heartflower:

I have to disagree with you all.;)
Prince Albert was obviously the only one, among hundreds of Italian and foreign authorithies, who was wearing the wrong suit at an evening opening ceremony plus gala dinner!
He always wears darker suit when he attends this kind of events, even at soccer matches, tennis matches, etc. as always Kings, Princes and Prime Ministers and other authorities do.
Prince Albert is usually nicely dressed, but this time he made a mistake, probably because it was such a busy day. A mistake we can obviously forgive!:)

Zimbio gallery
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/9DhT...remony/NvjE5F15wtY/Prince+Albert+II+of+Monaco

I didn't know it was evening or that there was a gala (no women?) :), but still a summer outdoor occassion and a sporting event there is something very comical looking at these pictures of these men in their suits in a stadium. I would have never guessed the occassion of the event they were attending. Maybe he should have worn navy or a dark suit then, but I guess Albert can make a statement when he wants :D. You're probably right maybe had too many things going on to care about it, and no one else looks like they care what's going on that evening? :lol:

I didn't know it was evening or that there was a gala (no women?) :), but still a summer outdoor occassion and a sporting event there is something very comical looking at these pictures of these men in their suits in a stadium. I would have never guessed the occassion of the event they were attending. Maybe he should have worn navy or a dark suit then, but I guess Albert can make a statement when he wants :D.
Comical? Sorry Sandsla, but I cannot understand you. I have never seen King Juan Carlos or any other Prince or Prime Minister not wearing a suit in a stadium on a public sporting event, an opening ceremony, when they attend in their role of Kings, Prime Ministers etc. I guess in the USA it is different!

You misunderstand me.:flowers: I just meant (for me) there is something funny about the photos themselves--perhaps it is because they all look so preoccupied or that usually it seems they would have their wives with them--wouldn't they usually for a gala evening? There seems to be so few women? They just look bored and all buddied up together :D, like someone just rounded them up there and like they don't know exactly why they're really there?

I think usually we are use to seeing some dignitaries (in their dark suits ;)) at an event along with a crowd of spectators, but all of them together at once in stadium seating....there is something that is just a little amusing about the photos to me? No one looks like they really want to be there? And then with Albert the one guy in a light colored suit--the pictures over all are just kind of funny to me? :D

I wouldn't presume my one and own personal opinion speaks to any or all or other Americans? Also I think the President of the United States or any other dignitary here can probably handle protocol correctly ;). :flowers:

Glistening Seas

:globe: Why wear dark Suits for a sporting event all the time???

:pawprint: Perhaps only the wives whom wanted to go to the events would have come??

:butterfly:Since it's summertime he doesn't appear any less formal in the lighter suit; on the contrary he looks quite summer-y and quite the change of pace.

Maybe the others are used to wearing their usual dark suits and that's okay too.

:pawprint: But, for the summertime it's okay to vary the wardrobe.

:butterfly: Certainly the older one's may seem to want to stick with the usual black suits but PA looks very appropo for the event and for summer as well!

:butterfly: also, the pics could have been taken in the momentary lull before anything was going on??
:butterfly:viva la differance!! :fireworks:

:globe: Why wear dark Suits for a sporting event all the time???

:pawprint: Perhaps only the wives whom wanted to go to the events would have come??

:butterfly:Since it's summertime he doesn't appear any less formal in the lighter suit; on the contrary he looks quite summer-y and quite the change of pace.

Maybe the others are used to wearing their usual dark suits and that's okay too.

:pawprint: But, for the summertime it's okay to vary the wardrobe.

:butterfly: Certainly the older one's may seem to want to stick with the usual black suits but PA looks very appropo for the event and for summer as well!

:butterfly: also, the pics could have been taken in the momentary lull before anything was going on??
:butterfly:viva la differance!! :fireworks:
:) That was my guess also :previous:, I was just making a simple observation about what the picture captured :lol:. I agree lighten up--suits and otherwise. Just trying to keep it light! ;):flowers:

"The Prince "ambassador" of the Tour de France, yesterday on Stade 2"

PA was interviewed at the Grimaldi Forum by Lionel Chamolaud on Stade 2, and he "launched the media start of this global event which will assure unprecedented visibility for the Principality".

He was able to highlight the main sporting events of this season - tennis tournaments, Formula 1 Grand Prix, swimming competition, "Herculis" athletic competition, as part of "an excellent and particularly valuable communication campaign".

PA was also glad to see the return of Lance Armstrong and estimated that this would generate more public interest in the Tour.

Monaco.maville.com Le prince « ambassadeur » du Tour de France sur Stade 2 hier

Glistening Seas

:flowers: went to the site that was posted for the tour de france and what a fab site it was. it even had maps and very nice pics they did a wonderful job! with all the festivities weekend and the start of the tour de france sure there 'must' have been some pics from today????

Yesterday at 14.16 h, PA inaugurated the tour de France at the Grimaldi Forum, in the presence of Christian Prudhomme, the "big boss" of the Tour, as well as 700 journalists.
Prudhomme, addressing PA, said that without his idea of starting from Monaco, the the Mont Ventoux stage would not have been possible.

Monaco.maville.com Le Tour de France a pris le départ dans les médias

Prince Albert II of Monaco , flanked by former French cycling rider Gilbert Duclos-Lassale, Belgian Eddie Merckx and Tour de France director Christian Prudhomme, participates in the inauguration of the media center on July 1, 2009 in the principalty of Monaco, three days ahead of the start of the 96th edition of the Tour de France cycling race.
Daylife
Daylife
Belga Gallery

Prince Albert II of Monaco writes a sentence on the ground as he visits the stand of "Livestrong", the foundation of seven-time Tour de France winner and Kazakh cycling team Astana (AST)'s rider Lance Amstrong of the United States which fights cancer on July 1, 2009

Gallery purepeople
Le Prince Albert, sans sa jolie fiancée, a sorti sa plus belle cravate couleur soleil... pour lutter contre le cancer !

I like those pics where he writes a sentence on the ground. They are nice, i don't know...it's like they make him more human? i know, silly comment :p

Pics 2.7.2009

Prince Albert II of Monaco speaks at the Official Team
Presentation for 2009 Tour de France, on July 2, 2009
in Monaco, Monaco.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Pics 3.7.2009

Prince Albert II of Monaco cycles with former cycling champion Eddy
Merckx of Belgium during the World Stars cycling criterium ahead of
the 96th Tour de France cycling race in Monaco, July 3, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom