The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 05:21 PM
Courtier

How did he get chosen to light the torch?

Old 04-13-2004, 03:14 AM
Courtier

Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
Might have a bit to do with his being on the International Olympic Com. or his being a former Olympic competitor.

Old 04-14-2004, 07:07 PM
Serene Highness

Does anyone know why Albert is in Lisbon?
Old 04-15-2004, 11:21 AM
Serene Highness

Okay, how cute is Prince Albert? It'll be a shame if he never has children.. those dimples NEED to be passed on!!!
Old 04-15-2004, 04:27 PM
Commoner

He looks a lot like Grace.I hope he marries and have beautiful children.
He seems like a hard working man.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:21 PM

rartonga

To anwser your question on Prince Albert and Alica Warlick.

I did hear some interesting information from some Texas reporters yesterday. While the entire conversation was mostly about Prince William and his new flame, the question of Albert did come up.

They were all hoping that Alicia, being from Texas would be the one. But word is she is nearly a 28 year old woman with no college degree. Not a very good resume for a future princess, especially when you look at the education accomplishments of Prince Phillip's Letizia Ortiz. While its true that Alicia did "study" at prestigious universities like Standford and Harvard. They said there is a big difference between taking a few classes at two different universities and saying I'm a Harvard or Stanford graduate, which she isn't even close. I think with what's been printed everyone just assumed she graduated from somewhere. But unfortunately they knew it wouldn't be long before that got out in the press.

But the final word is, Prince Albert likes pretty blondes, I don't think he really cares what their education level is. however I think Rainier does
Old 04-15-2004, 07:54 PM

Wow, I was one of the people who assumed Alicia Warlick was a Harvard graduate. I read that she was taking a break to train for the Olympics, but not that many years. I fully understand what those reporters meant though. I mean even Princess Grace had a college degree from our American Academy of Dramatic Arts. And that was back in the 1950's. Albert's waited this long, I'm sure he knows that the future princess of Monaco has to be more than just a pretty face.
Plus, after reading that I went to Alicia's website and must say, I wasn't impressed with racy photo of the black see through shirt exposing her breast. That's not a photo of a future princess. I wish that Albert could find someone like Letizia Ortiz, beautiful, intelligent and classy.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:19 PM
Courtier

I'm glad that someone finally clarified that. I have always read that Ms. Warlick was "Harvard educated" which has always been very vague. That could mean that she actually received a degree or that she simply attended classes there, but never actually obtained a degree. I always wondered about that. There was a point when I started to think that she hadn't graduated as well. I guess that now it's clear.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:09 PM

I want to second that thank you for clarifying this information! I think a lot of people have been wondering about Alicia's supposed "Harvard Education." In fact everything written about her has been so vauge, even her "top athlete" status, as Hello Magazine once put it.

Anyways, over the years Princess Grace and Princess Caroline have worked hard to promote the importance of education in Monaco and throughout the world. I guess it would be a big boo boo for Albert to chose a princess without a college education. It would be pretty hard for her to promote it![COLOR=blue]
Old 04-26-2004, 10:18 AM
Nobility

:( Does Albert hunt?
Old 04-26-2004, 10:58 AM
Serene Highness

hmmm.... probably, Caroline and Rainier do!!

yes and looking back at the picture of "Britney" I don't believe it's her.. (look at the teeth)
Old 04-26-2004, 09:33 PM

Hi,

I'm never inclined to post..... Just like reading usually, but I wanted to put in a comment about the Britney (or not) pic.
I believe that it was taken on the Promenade des Anglais in Nice... not in Monaco...
Sorry, I hope I did not sound picky, as I did not mean it in a bad way...
Old 04-29-2004, 04:33 AM
Majesty

http://www.aftonbladet.se

Prince Albert is in Norway/Sweden

Prinsen på smygbesök i Sverige
RIKSGRÄNSEN.
Prins Albert av Monaco är på topphemligt besök i lappländska fjällvärlden.
Han roar sig kungligt med att åka hundspann med vänner.
Iklädd slitna jeans och enkel jacka landade prins Albert i går i Tromsö i Norge i sitt privata jetplan.
Där bytte prins Albert och hans vänner transportmedel - till hundspann. Tillsammans med en fjällguide gav de sig ut i vildmarken och satte kurs mot svenska gränsen.

Läger i ödemarken
- Det är ett gäng, både killar och tjejer. Sedan länge har det varit bestämt att de skulle komma hit, säger Aftonbladets källa.
I natt hade prins Albert och hans sällskap slagit läger i en fjällstuga i ödemarken,15-20 mil från Övre Soppero.
Slutdestinationen för prinsen med följe är Kiruna. Där står prinsens privata plan och väntar i en hangar på Kiruna flygplats.

Förkärlek till Sverige
Prins Albert har en förkärlek både till Sverige och till svenska flickor. För ett år sedan var han på fjällsemester i Åre med sina vänner. Genom åren har han kopplats ihop med en mängd kvinnor, bland dem svenskorna Anna-Karin Hasselborg och Lisa Lövbrand.
Enligt vad Aftonbladet erfar kommer prinsens besök att pågå under flera dagar. Pressavdelningen vid Monacos furstedöme bekräftar besöket och säger att "prinsen är på privat resa utomlands".
Old 04-29-2004, 05:44 PM
Gentry

what is the article in english?
Old 04-30-2004, 02:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by Josefine@Apr 29th, 2004 - 8:33 am
http://www.aftonbladet.se

Prince Albert is in Norway/Sweden

Prinsen på smygbesök i Sverige
RIKSGRÄNSEN.
Prins Albert av Monaco är på topphemligt besök i lappländska fjällvärlden.
Han roar sig kungligt med att åka hundspann med vänner.
Iklädd slitna jeans och enkel jacka landade prins Albert i går i Tromsö i Norge i sitt privata jetplan.
Där bytte prins Albert och hans vänner transportmedel - till hundspann. Tillsammans med en fjällguide gav de sig ut i vildmarken och satte kurs mot svenska gränsen.

Läger i ödemarken
- Det är ett gäng, både killar och tjejer. Sedan länge har det varit bestämt att de skulle komma hit, säger Aftonbladets källa.
I natt hade prins Albert och hans sällskap slagit läger i en fjällstuga i ödemarken,15-20 mil från Övre Soppero.
Slutdestinationen för prinsen med följe är Kiruna. Där står prinsens privata plan och väntar i en hangar på Kiruna flygplats.

Förkärlek till Sverige
Prins Albert har en förkärlek både till Sverige och till svenska flickor. För ett år sedan var han på fjällsemester i Åre med sina vänner. Genom åren har han kopplats ihop med en mängd kvinnor, bland dem svenskorna Anna-Karin Hasselborg och Lisa Lövbrand.
Enligt vad Aftonbladet erfar kommer prinsens besök att pågå under flera dagar. Pressavdelningen vid Monacos furstedöme bekräftar besöket och säger att "prinsen är på privat resa utomlands".
a small summery

the article say that he is in norway and traveling with dog slighde to sweden he has several friends with him and it has been plnned for long
the article also say that he likes swedish girls and he have been in sweden several times on not only for royal duties.
Old 05-01-2004, 06:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Albert is currently on holiday in the north of Sweden, here are a few pics and the story in Swedish from Aftonbladet today.

Picture 2
Picture 1
Picture 3

Prinsens hundjobb
Albert berättar om sitt äventyr i svenska fjällen

RIKSGRÄNSEN.
Efter tio mil med hundspann kom prins Albert av Monaco i går kväll till Riksgränsen. Sedan gick han på spa - och festade med svenska och franska vänner.

De kom på led över isen nedanför hotellet vid halv sex-tiden i går kväll. Sist i kön for den mörka skönheten prins Albert badade bastu med i förrgår kväll i Laimoviken i Torne träsk.

På Riksgränsens hotell kunde prinsen ta in i hotellets enda svit. Där har han sovrum, allrum, bastu och öppen spis.
- Vi vill vara i Riksgränsen som vanliga turister. Nu ska vi använda helgen åt att åka utför, säger prins Albert.

I dag och i morgon är det tid för utförsåkning. Prins Albert och hans sällskap har en helikopter redo att föra dem ut i den svenska fjällvärden.
- Vi ska åka heliski, helikopter upp på toppen, och skidor utför. Jag har gjort det förr, i Kanada, och jag ser mig själv som en okej skidåkare. Jag vet hur man gör och jag gillar det.

Vad tycker du om Sverige och svenskarna då?
- Storslaget land, trevliga människor. Jag har en svensk vän med mig på den här semestern, nej, två med vår guide Kent Fjällborg. De är "great".

Du gillar den svenska vildmarken?
- Ja, absolut. Det är ett fantastiskt landskap och i dag har vi sett ren, fåglar och till och med en älg. Det du.

Prins Albert planerar att stanna i Riksgränsen till på måndag. Hans privatplan står startklart i en hangar på Kiruna flygplats
Old 05-02-2004, 04:46 PM
Serene Highness

Albert and a naked lady (what else is new? :P )

*There's more to the article but I can't read swedish, so I just looked at the photos*

Link
Old 05-02-2004, 05:11 PM
Gentry

can anyone translate article..
Old 05-02-2004, 06:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by Lyonnaise@May 2nd, 2004 - 2:46 pm
Albert and a naked lady (what else is new? :P )

*There's more to the article but I can't read swedish, so I just looked at the photos*

Link
WHOOOOA!!! ha ha... at least it wasn't Ernst with the naked lady... but still everyone would say "what else is new" to that also!!
Old 05-03-2004, 12:15 AM
Nobility

She's princess material :meow: :P

Closed Thread