Prince Albert & Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 3: April 2013 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

The princess looks so pretty and elegent..but did anyone read the Hello mag report, I thought prnicess Charlane is from South Africa, the magazine mentions that she is from Zimbabwae! :)

princess Charlene is born in Zimbabwae but she moved with her family to South Africa at 10 years old.

She looks absolutely divine!!!!

She looks so beautiful and elegant !!!! Love her dress and make-up.

That seems a bit strange. What connection have they to a ceremony in Dallas put on by the city of Dallas. It is not an official function and from what I have read Mrs Kennedy was no fan of the Grimaldi family. I wonder if they will be the only high level attendees. It will be strange for them to attend if not even our own President does. No other heads of state or royals are announced as attending.

That seems a bit strange. What connection have they to a ceremony in Dallas put on by the city of Dallas. It is not an official function and from what I have read Mrs Kennedy was no fan of the Grimaldi family. I wonder if they will be the only high level attendees. It will be strange for them to attend if not even our own President does. No other heads of state or royals are announced as attending.

I have read the opposite, i.e. that Jack, Jackie and Grace (not sure about Rainier) were very good friends.

On one occasion when Jack was in hospital he wasn't allowed to have any visitors except for family. In order that Grace could visit him undetected Jackie helped her to sneak in ...... dressed as a nurse. ! :D

Wendy Leigh and others have debunked that in various biographies. Jackie Kennedy despised Grace so much so that she refused to allow them to attend the funeral and refused to see Grace when she made a sympathy call to her.

It seems at times that the palace accepts too many invitations indiscriminately. Albert has traveled to attend openings of hotels (in foreign countries) and night clubs and now this. When he has a connection to something or is part of a state or official function that is expected. To travel to Dallas to commemorate Kennedy's death when no others are doing so and neither has personal connection to it seems off. Overexposure.

Last edited:
They will come at the invitation of ' the presiden Johl K Kennedy commemorative foundation'; they come becaise they are invited no more. I think th

There is a street in the Principality named after JFK, just as there is in Italy, Luxembourg, Ireland and many other countries in Europe. TSH are perhaps making this gesture of respect to the American people and it's Government in commemoration of the brutal murder of a very popular President.

The Kennedys of Massachusetts and the Kellys of Philadelphia were close long before anyone knew who Jacqueline Bouvier was. Her (alleged btw) personal feelings about the Grimaldis aren't relevant.

Jackie pleaded with Grace to visit JFK in the hospital in 1954 disguised as a nurse, to cheer him up when he was desperately ill. The Kennedys hosted the Grimaldis to lunch at the White House in 1962.The idea that she "banned" them from the President's funeral is frankly nonsense, they didn't come to D.C. until later and Jackie did decline to see them afterward. But if there was such bad blood why would Grace speak in glowing terms of JFK and Jackie in her oral history for the JFK Library given in June 1965?

It wouldn't surprise me if Jackie felt competitive and a little jealous of Grace as JFK was known to have had a crush on her. But "despise" her? For what exactly?

I wouldn't exactly take an author like Wendy Leigh's words as gospel.

Last edited:
I think his acceptance of the invitation is less about any private relationship which his parents may or may not have had with the Kennedys and more about a recognition of the importance of the commemoration for the USA, Monaco has close links with the USA and many citizens visit/do business in Monaco. Albert is representing his country and demonstrating how nations such as Monaco share in the wish to commemorate this sad occasion.

Excuse me ' I think they are invited. I do not see something bad.
We never know if Jackie disliked Grace or likes her a lot? What I remember ( I was 15 at that times and I liked a lot the presidencial couple) is a report about the visit of Rainier and Grace to the couple at the White House and an interview of Jackie and Grace together and they told that they spoke about their Carolines. I remember a report about princess Grace praying about the grave of JF Kennedy in 1964.
And at least, I liked a lot president Kennedy and I cryed a lot when he was killed; All our land the France was very near USA at these tragic days as it was on september 11th

Wendy Leigh is a British writer who puts out very salacious and gossipy books about famous people. Her book "Grace Kelly's Men" paints the late Princess in a very sordid light indeed. If Grace nailed even some of the men Leigh says she did, I have no idea how she had time to achieve such a successful career.:ohmy:

She never seemed to get dressed and leave the bedroom, according to Leigh.

Her book about JFK Jr.(American Prince) was so silly and semi-factual I giggled all the way through!:lol:

Last edited:
The Kennedys and Kellys knew each other before JFK became president. The fathers were political friends in the Democratic Party. P. Charlene is working with Maria Shriver on the Special Olympics. Bobby Kennedy wrote an article for Above Magazine when Charlotte was the Assistant Editor. The Irish are very supportive of each other in the US.

Also Maria Shriver's oldest brother Bobby was briefly linked with Princess Caroline in the 1970's while both were teenagers. The Shriver kids became social acquaintances of Prince Albert and Princess Caroline during the period when their father Sargent Shriver was the U.S. Ambassador to France.

Posts about Princess Grace's love life have been deleted as off-topic, let us please stay on topic of this thread! Thanks!

Goodness, I didn't realize that they were coming all the way to Dallas. I thought the ceremony was taking place in Monaco??:ohmy:

It looks very, very cold today. On November 22nd 1963 it was reportedly approaching 80 degrees, and Jacqueline Kennedy was uncomfortable in her pink wool Chanel suit.

Last edited:
Goodness, I didn't realize that they were coming all the way to Dallas. I thought the ceremony was taking place in Monaco??:ohmy:

It looks very, very cold today. On November 22nd 1963 it was reportedly approaching 80 degrees, and Jacqueline Kennedy was uncomfortable in her pink wool Chanel suit.

The suit was faux Channel. Jackie often bought copies of Channel to order.

I find this trip odd. There really is a sort of Kennedy cult.

https://twitter.com/tweeterson/status/403949174875357184/photo/1/large

I knew that the suit was a Chanel knock-off from Chez Ninon. I just didn't feel it was important enough to bring up.

If the intent was honoring the President or ties to the US, why not attend the ceremony that our own current and former presidents AND the Kennedy family attended in DC? They were totally out of place in Dallas. There was absolutely no connection to the site of his assassination and it is not even the official event sanctioned by the family.

Ireland has just as much connection with the Kennedy family (actually much more) and their head of state was not in Dallas. This looked more like a photo op or excuse to be out of the country. His staff should discriminate more with invitations. Opening night clubs and hotels with no connection to Monaco just because you are invited? Accepting these in a English speaking countries may bolster Charlene because of her language difficulties but this is not an effective use of their office and dignity. They are lessening their impact, quality over quantity.

They could have had just as much impact honoring him with a memorial mass in Monaco. He is the green prince, why travel so much on the jet when lecturing others about greenhouse gasses?

Last edited:
They were invited to Dallas, not to Washington. I agree a nice memorial service in Monaco would have been more appropriate. I didn't realize none of the Kennedys were in Dallas. I think it was just a tourist gimmick for Dallas. PA is trying too hard to make himself look more important than he is. It's starting to become a joke. He needs to stay home and do his job.

Prince Albert did his work very well and hard. he just finished a very hard week full of ceremonies og giving medals ; attending caritative galas, receiveing the president holland and read all what he did the weeks before the national fest on Monaco Channel or even here on the Prince Albert event, you will see he was very busy. Even during the week ends, he works, Works meetings with associations and attending sport events. He was invited to this commemoration by this foundation, he went and attended to this commemoration. Why only a mass at Monaco? He wanted to be there and it is good and moving he was there where President was killed. A beautiful tribute
When we saw all the sovereigns and heads of state who came to his wedding all the world was here. What a difference with his enthronement in 2005, there were no heads of states and not many princes and princess. It is because he works a lot with many lands .

And Albert is half-American, after his mother.

Not to be pedantic, melina premiere, but the heads of state don't really attend enthronments/coronations... just putting this out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom