Prince Albert & Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 3: April 2013 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P Charlene looking stunning in a burgundy gown. Lovely pictures of a happy couple...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much, melina, for the links. Lovely pics of the couple, so obviously happy and not afraid to show it...

I really like how the family make sure they celebrate Grace's memory but I'm really impressed on how Charlene has embraced celebrating her late mother-in-law's legacy. Some would think she wouldn't want to be so involved because of the thought of being compared to the late Princess but Charlene seems to have embraced Princess Grace's memory.

Princess Charlene looked so elegant,Prince Albert II tribute to his mother was lovely.

I really like how the family make sure they celebrate Grace's memory but I'm really impressed on how Charlene has embraced celebrating her late mother-in-law's legacy. Some would think she wouldn't want to be so involved because of the thought of being compared to the late Princess but Charlene seems to have embraced Princess Grace's memory.

Amazing how, in this circumstance every one is thrilled, but the second the Dss of Cambridge wears a blue spotted dress out of the maternity ward the Camilla claque's head explodes. There is no need for it to be anything other than pleasant, IMO.

Camilla's claque is crazy. Diana is dead Camilla is alive. Diana was elegant and beautiful, Camilla a is a middle aged workhorse. So much for that. Charlene and her late mother-in-law are very similar. Elegant and understated, because of their beauty.

Charlene is pretty, but looks fairly common to me, is somewhat clumsy in the environment her marriage has placed her and is still looking for her style. Grace had beauty, style and charm oozing even out of her pinky. And, more than anything, Grace had class. You would never catch Grace in leggings and sandals at an official event with a head of state.

Charlene is a princess worth to be the daughter in law of the Princess Grace and she had no scandales .
At the times of Princess grace, there would never be chidren out of wedding or actor comic in the principaly loge among personalities. at the stadium louis II.

Times changed.

Charlene is pretty, but looks fairly common to me, is somewhat clumsy in the environment her marriage has placed her and is still looking for her style. Grace had beauty, style and charm oozing even out of her pinky. And, more than anything, Grace had class. You would never catch Grace in leggings and sandals at an official event with a head of state.

You are right. Nevertheless times are now different, casual style is now accepted. When Grace was Princess and at Charlene's age, women were always well and classy dressed, like real ladies.
Of course you will never see CP Mary or the Duchess of Cambridge with leggings in an official event, but Charlene is somehow special. Sometimes she gives me the impression that she thinks still being at her village's swimming pool!

Charlene is a princess worth to be the daughter in law of the Princess Grace and she had no scandales .
At the times of Princess grace, there would never be chidren out of wedding or actor comic in the principaly loge among personalities. at the stadium louis II.

Times changed.

Actor! Grace was an actress too!
No scandal? Grace had many relations before her wedding, it was just not kmown.

As for Gad, where is the scandal? They are in a relationship, and we are in 21st century!

Times changed.

Melina, you do your much beloved Charlene no favors when attacking Albert and his family. In fact you hurt your point. Your attacks are unwarranted and quite frankly worse than what anyone has said about Charlene. If anyone were to say so much as they dislike her hair, you jump wildly and yet you attack Caroline and her children and Stephanie in much more vile ways.

To correct your points, there were children out of wedlock in Grace's time. Princess Antoinette had quite a history and had to marry. As far as an actor (Your dig about Gad) being present, Grace was, herself, a quite famous actress. She fit in quite well and was much beloved by the people. She would have had no problem with a, quelle horreur!, comedic actor with her grandchild. She was often at the stadium and other much more prestigious events with her Hollywood guests. In fact here likes of Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart, Liz Taylor, etc were OFTEN among the "personalities" as you put it. That is what gave Monaco it's shine at the time. They were drawn there for Grace was their friend.

Your right time HAS changed and so there should be no complaint about scandal since I see nothing that has not happened in Charlene's own family. Her brother married his pregnant fiancé and the other brother is expecting and not married. No one is perfect.

Last edited:
To the posters above...please remember that many of us on this forum are communicating in a language other than our mother tongue. It is therefore possible that we may not always express ourselves correctly or use words /expressions that may come across as very harsh. It is also possible that what we say may be misunderstood/misinterpreted by those who read it. So let's be more tolerant. And this discussion doesn't really cover the couple's current events.

Well, I have to say that, prior their wedding, I had some reservations about a swimmer becoming The Princess of Monaco, but Her Serene Highness has done a nice job so far.

Princess Charlene will never have to same grandeur of Queen Sofía of Spain or Queen Silvia of Sweden, but Prince Albert II will never be a Head of State like Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom or Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg.

But if it's okay for the Monegasque people, it's okay for me. The Princely Family of Monaco really looks like a rich celebrity American family. If I talk about a 55 years old man who lives a jet-set life with a wife 20 years his junior, 99,9% of the people will think about a American billionaire and his a glamorous wife, a former top model. But, hey, I'm talking about The Prince of Monaco and his consort.:lol:

To the posters above...please remember that many of us on this forum are communicating in a language other than our mother tongue. It is therefore possible that we may not always express ourselves correctly or use words /expressions that may come across as very harsh. It is also possible that what we say may be misunderstood/misinterpreted by those who read it. So let's be more tolerant. And this discussion doesn't really cover the couple's current events.
I don't think so. It's a clear remark to other members of the Family to elevate Charlene status.
I don't see anything wrong with a "comedic actor" being at the Louis II Stadium.

And yes, at the times of Princess Grace there were plenty of children out of wedlock. We didn't have internet to know it.

It's a great cause, and it's good to see TSH's both out in support!:)

:previous:

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene attended the MONAA (Monaco Against Autism) charity gala this evening, November 15, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gettyimages gallery **

Did any foreign royals attend this year?

Last year Infanta Pilar of Spain attended with her son and daughter in law and also I think Beatriz of Orléans (not 100% sure about Pss Beatriz).

This year there were Lech Walesa , nobel price of the peace and former president of Poland who has an autist child and the first ladies of Panama and of Serbian who are president of an association against the autism in their land
Last year, infant Pilar , her son and her daughter in law came because her son has a child who is autist.

I forgot to say you that there was also Carole Haney the vice first irish minister and Mary Hayes. All are presidents of a association against autism
For the other persons attending to the gala they are on the Newscom photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom