Prince Albert & Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 3: April 2013 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand people who are constantly looking for signs of something wrong or off about this couple. It was a warm, loving goodbye kiss between a husband and wife, period. If it had been Fred/Mary or the Cambridges kissing fairwell at an airport some posters would be going into orbit.:ermm:

As for Charlene's absence, from the Swiss nuptials, St. Devote is patron saint of Monaco. Her Feast and the celebrations surrounding it are a big deal for the Principality. Albert could not sit out the religious wedding of his nephew, so it is natural that the Princess Consort represent him at the events in Monaco-in this case the St. Devote rugby match at Stade Louis II.

Last edited:
Prince Albert and Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 3: April 2013 -

It's not a warm, loving or passionate kiss. It's an official kiss. - I wouldn't blame Charlene is she shouldn't be in love with Albert. I couldn't do it either. :)

Some people will always see what they WANT to see, but they're so blinded by their own prejudice. I find this a particularly nasty comment and wish you had rather kept it to yourself. (And you think adding a smiling face at the end makes it okay? Really?)

We all see what we want to see. Easy as.
Victoria Secret in particular; just accept that people's opinions differ; yours is not "right" and mine is not "wrong".
If I think something is nice I will post "something is nice", and if I think "something is not nice" then I post "something is not nice". How you feel about it neither here nor there, as it's nobody's responsibility to please others here.

I don't think the kiss is loving or caring, and that's that. And in my opinion Albert is very unpleasant physically, and I haven't seen any great manifestations of any intellectual wealth either. In short, < ed by Warren > I detest the thought of his physical presence any closer than the internet.

I like Charlene, and wish she could be happy. But she doesn't look happy to me.
:flowers::flowers::flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't like Albert because for you he is unpleasant physically and Charlène could not be happy whith him. Your comment is nasty. In France we say ' love is blind' happily it is right because many persons will never find the love in their life.

The scene on the heliport is lovely. There is many love between them. you do not want to see that, it is your opinion but as MoonMaiden said it , if there were Fred and Mary or the couple of Cambridge, how many sweer comments would we get?

It's not a question of who's right and who's wrong. And of course you are entitled to an opinion. But criticising PA's physical appearance is downright distasteful. Furthermore (in my opinion), Charlene looks radiant and happy in all the recent pictures I've seen.

I agree that it was a loving and tender scene between husband and wife. They seem perfectly happy to be together. And redtulip, your comments about P Albert's physical appearance are quite distasteful...I'm also sure P Charlene wouldn't want you near her husband anyway!

How nice that she was able to attend at least part of the celebrations.

I don't think the kiss is loving or caring, and that's that. And in my opinion Albert is very unpleasant physically, and I haven't seen any great manifestations of any intellectual wealth either. In short < ed by Warren > I detest the thought of his physical presence any closer than the internet.

Disgusting remarks.

I think you're disrespecting this forums rule:

Insulting comments about other posters and royals are not permitted. Criticism is acceptable; insults and flames are not. We expect our members to treat each other with respect.

I do not really know how passionate is/is not the relation between Albert and Charlene, only them know! What i know is that couples who had bad relation, like some posters pretend that A&C have.. they simple DO NOT kiss at all, they ignore each other! A&C were not in official duty, so they were not obliged to kiss, if they did not feel so.
And do not forget, we are talking about a couple, having almost a decade of relation, not very young (especially him), they can not behavior like teens in their first love.

We all see what we want to see. Easy as.
Victoria Secret in particular; just accept that people's opinions differ; yours is not "right" and mine is not "wrong".
If I think something is nice I will post "something is nice", and if I think "something is not nice" then I post "something is not nice". How you feel about it neither here nor there, as it's nobody's responsibility to please others here.

I don't think the kiss is loving or caring, and that's that. And in my opinion Albert is very unpleasant physically, and I haven't seen any great manifestations of any intellectual wealth either. In short, < ed by Warren > I detest the thought of his physical presence any closer than the internet.

I like Charlene, and wish she could be happy. But she doesn't look happy to me.

You might care to note that in the last picture after the kiss he is still holding her hand, not a big thing maybe, but I find THAT very warm and loving. Do you require a Hollywood, bend over backward kiss when people are parting for a day or two?? Hmmm.....

I think they love each other, I just think people don't want them together for what ever reasons they might have. Charlene has looked much happier lately I think she has finally settled into her role as Princess.

I have no problem with people's opinions! :flowers: I find some comments made here nasty, and don't accept the logic "I don't like your post; it's nasty". But it doesn't bother me.

Yes, I find Albert physically unattractive, and I don't think he's a mental genius either. - I find it's perfectly acceptable to post "Haakon of Norway looks very good" or "Felipe of Spain is handsome", so I think it's equally acceptable to post if one thinks the opposite applies.

I am perfectly happy for Charlene and Albert to madly in love, and have no need to prove they are or they aren't. Whatever.

But I do think Charlene would have deserved better. It's just my opinion, and I have no need to prove myself "right" or "wrong".

@ redtulip: Nobody is questioning your right to have an opinion, but there are norms of decency. When comments become insulting, like some of the things you have said about Prince Albert, well, that’s simply uncivilised. If you really like Charlene – as you claim – you will show a little respect for her choices (i.e. her husband) and restraint in your comments. It’s perfectly fine not to like him , but it’s not okay to criticise his physical appearance and intellect the way you have. I doubt you have ever met or interacted with him, so you are hardly qualified to be so outspoken (about him). And even if you have, it would still not be polite to be so insulting. A little self-editing goes a long way.

Back to the topic. PA and PC seem happy and content, comfortable with each other and in their relationship. It can’t be easy to be the focus of so much attention, pressure, expectation and criticism with every move they make, but they’re managing perfectly fine. Couples express their love and affection in different ways, and besides, we only get to see little glimpses of their lives together. I love it when they prove ‘haters’ wrong, and that intimate moment at the heliport was certainly one such occasion.

redtulip, if you find Albert unpleasant physically, then I feel sorry for you. There are millions of men that would not live up to your expectation but I can vouch for the fact that there are some jewels in the bunch. If you can't look past looks, then you lose.

Just try to accept this; I do not care. It's fine by me to post whatever you like. Go ahead and continue to post whatever you like! It's fine. :flowers:

I find myself agreeing with redtulip on Albert's physical appearance. I certainly don't drool when I see him. :D He doesn't seem to care much about his clothing, either. But it's possible he's a very charming and likeable bloke when you get to know him, and great company. I hope so, anyway, for Charlene's sake. :) They seem to me to look quite happy together in these recent photos.

Last edited:
I totally agree! People view things differently, and that's fine. And as I said, I find Haakon very attractive, and think at least Mette-Marit would agree with me! :)

Take e.g. Charlene & Albert wedding. Some may have seen tears of joy on Charlene, but I didn't think they were tears of joy. Victoria of Sweden cried with joy when she married Daniel (my view :)). Charlene cried for some other reason.

Albert and William-Alexander of the Netherlands don't appeal to me in terms of appearances. But I think of W-A as a pleasant person and a responsible father of three. Albert does not fit the bill in my thinking.

It's excellent if Charlene and Albert are happy. It's less excellent if they're not happy. Either way, people will always comment on their looks and goings-on. What happens between them is their call.

[Charlene cried for some other reason.]//quote

Charlene gave an interview a few months ago where she frankly discussed her wedding and why she wept. Quite simply she was overwhelmed at everything...the lavish State ceremony, the unseemly rumors swirling, the realization that all eyes were on her unleashed a flood of pent up emotion.

She categorically denied that she cried because she was unhappy, despite what people believe or want to believe.

Yes, I also read that she denied crying because she should have been unhappy.

Let's get back to the topic of this thread and remember to stay respectful towards the persons you discuss! Thanks!

As always speculative posts have been removed. Thanks for your understanding!

The palace announced on the official page of Facebook that the princely couple will be at San Francisco at an intern

that the princely couple will attend an international meeting to day for the protection of the Oceans where Prince Albert will do a speech.

:previous:

Prince Albert spoke to the Commonwealth Club audience at the International Mark Hopkins Hotel in San Francisco, California on February 24, 2014. "The State of the Oceans in the Modern World" was the theme of his talk, according to the Princely Palace Princess Charlene attended the event as well, but she is not pictured:

** Pic ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

:previous:The website just has Albert as going
Déplacement de S.A.S. le Prince Albert II à San Francisco - Palais Princier de Monaco

"Next 24 and 25 February, HSH Prince Albert will be in California to participate in two major international events where He will speak on the theme of the Oceans.
On 24 February, at the invitation of the Commonwealth Club of California,* HSH the Prince will discuss "The State of the Oceans in the Modern World" and His commitment to the environment through actions conducted by the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation.
On 25 February, HSH the Prince will also attend the World Ocean Summit 2014** organised by The Economist in partnership with National Geographic, where He will discuss the theme "Sustainable Strategies for the Ocean" with world leaders from business, government, multilateral institutions, NGOs, think tanks and academia."

:previous:

Melina premiere and I were referring to the information given on the Palace's Facebook Site, melina premiere also mentioned it above. There it said on February 23:

"Le Couple princier Se rendra demain à San Francisco à l'occasion du Sommet mondial sur les océans auquel le Prince Souverain participera en tant qu'intervenant."

(The Princely Couple will visit San Francisco tomorrow on the occasion of the World Ocean Summit in which the Sovereign Prince will participate as a speaker)

Charlene is with Albert, there is this photo taken yesterday at the world oceans summit. The photo was taken by the ambassador of Monaco in USA

https://twitter.com/MONACOinUSA/status/438161601795870721/photo/1

The site of the palace uses to mention only Albert when he has many public event and don't mention Charlene if she has no duty during the official visit.
On the official page of the palace on FB, the palace announced when they are going somewhere even if Charlene has no duty.

Now we see that Charlene was present with Albert and attended the world oceans summit

So Charlene only made it to the dinner and did not attend any of the more straining events? She was not present for her husband's speech and then not present when he was honored with the key to the city. There is simply no excuse. Was this also not to her liking (like the Winter Olympics) or was she too tired, again to do more that one event? I do not understand not being able to attend these important events with him after going through the dance of announcing that she was accompanying him! I can not imagine any other royals couple or head of state couple who would drop out of events when nothing else was on the agenda for the other.

Or maybe...They were preparing/shopping for a 'convenient' appearance at the Oscars or Oscar parties? It could not be any more convenient that the trip was held late in the week so close to it. They could drop in since they were in the neighborhood like any other celebrity (non royal) would. They wouldn't need an excuse this time! :whistling:

I wanted to answer why some felt it was important for Charlene to attend Andrea's wedding. She helicoptered back to Monaco to attend her rugby event. That was over HOURS before the wedding, more than enough time to helicopter back. Instead she skipped to attend an event her father was being paid to promote. Was her attendance sold as part of the package? It seems odd that a boxing match was more important than a nephew's wedding. Even worse that he is her father with no tie to boxing or the organization and being paid to promote it simply because of her status. I can imagine the strong complaints if Mary or Catherine's fathers were to do the same!

Stephanie and clan had to be absent. She is the patron of the circus, no one else could have taken her or Pauline's place. Charlene was not necessary to her father's paid promotion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom