The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Administrator

On their third day in Poland today, October 19, Albert and Charlene have visited the death camp of Auschwitz-Birkenau and laid flowers at its Execution Wall, a visit one doesn't forget for the rest of one's life..

** washingtonpost.com: Prince Albert of Monaco, Princess Charlene visit WWII Auschwitz death camp memorial **

** dailymail: Prince Albert of Monaco and Princess Charlene make poignant trip to Auschwitz during Polish tour, saying 'atrocities will never be extinguished' **

** newspix.pl gallery: Książe Albert i Księżna Charlene zwiedzają obóz koncentracyjny w Oświęcimiu **

Old 10-19-2012, 12:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I respectfully disagree.

They have been to Poland, Lithuania and the USA all within the last week. Has anyone ever heard of jet lag? If the Princess of Hanover is not an acceptable person to represent Monaco at a royal wedding, than whats the whole point of the entire princely family other than Albert?
I agree with you. I'd like to know what's wrong with Princess Caroline attending? She is the Hereditary Princess of Monaco and as such should be doing more things like this as Albert did himself for Rainier. Prince Edward attended Albert and Charlene's wedding plus Rainier's funeral and he is eighth in line. Prince Charles didn't attend it or Princess Victoria's wedding.

Quote:
=melina premiere;1473218]Albert and Charlene will return to monaco after 3 h 30 of flight. they must to be in new York on Sunday (10 hours of flight). Albert uses to arrive one day before the gala evening to meet his cousins and the donors for the foundation.
Thank you for saying basically the same thing I a few days ago that they have a cocktail party before the Gala as they always do. This has also been mentioned in posts every year.

ETA: Another reason I am sure they didn't attend is they are still in Poland and the civil wedding was held today.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

I agree, Albert & Charlene just couldn't make it. I think sending The Princess of Hanover was the best thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by assia View Post
I am a little cautious about Charlene's attitude, is she shy or bored ? She barely smiles, she looks like she's been forced to be there and not happy at all. Just wondering if she really realises that she has a certain role to play, don't want to compare too much but when you see how happy Kate is when in representation, it is really the opposite.
I agree. Charlene has been looking so down lately. Shuch a nice looking lady but need to lighten up a bit. I enjoy watching Albert & Charlene on tour but her pictures make me feel down.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
IMO they could have attended the wedding if they would have wanted. Felipe and Letizia are scheduled to attend only tomorrow (Letizia had a work event today), and Albert and Charlene could have caught a flight to USA and manage to do everything.

http://suomenkuvalehti.fi/s/mediagal.../wq191524w.jpg
Lithuania, Poland, back to Monaco (I presume) and fly to America, IMO, that would be far, far too much travel in such a short space of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I agree, Albert & Charlene just couldn't make it. I think sending The Princess of Hanover was the best thing to do.
From the few pictures that I have seen of Caroline on her way to the Gala dinner she looks thrilled to be there. She is probably only too delighted to be attending such a lovely event. So, that's all good then .....
Old 10-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I agree. Charlene has been looking so down lately. Shuch a nice looking lady but need to lighten up a bit. I enjoy watching Albert & Charlene on tour but her pictures make me feel down.
Auschwitz should make anyone feel down. A smile and high energy would be quite out of place here. I give her credit for even going. I know I would have nightmares for weeks afterwards.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS

Auschwitz should make anyone feel down. A smile and high energy would be quite out of place here. I give her credit for even going. I know I would have nightmares for weeks afterwards.
Yea I was going to say- her expression and demeanor was quite occasion appropriate.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm not talking about that, I was just talking about her expressions throughout the trips.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:17 AM
Administrator

Here are some more pics from Poland:

** pp: Charlene et Albert de Monaco bouleversés lors de leur visite en Pologne **

** lehtikuva.fi gallery: Monacon ruhtinaspari vierailulla Puolassa **
Old 10-22-2012, 08:44 AM
Aristocracy

I didn't see Pr Albert and Princess Charlene in Luxembourg at the wedding of Guillaume and Stephanie. Aren't they invited?
Old 10-22-2012, 12:26 PM
Courtier

They was in Poland until 20th Oct, so that might be the reason why they couldn`t make it to Luxembourg.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:28 PM
Heir Apparent

No they were still in Poland that's why Princess Caroline attended.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Pss Charlene looks genuinely upset at the camp. If you've never been there, it is difficult to understand the feelings that can be invoked.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:32 PM
Aristocracy

Daily Mail has an article on Prince Albert & Princess Charlene seen dining out in New York. What a fantastic outfit Princess Charlene is wearing!
Prince Albert of Monaco and wife Charlene spotted dining in New York as they fly in for Princess Grace awards ceremony | Mail Online
Old 10-22-2012, 09:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Excuse me. Do you know what happened at Auschwitz? She, actua;;y, looked like she cared about the events that occurred there. Do you?
Old 10-22-2012, 09:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by laduchesse View Post
Daily Mail has an article on Prince Albert & Princess Charlene seen dining out in New York. What a fantastic outfit Princess Charlene is wearing!
Prince Albert of Monaco and wife Charlene spotted dining in New York as they fly in for Princess Grace awards ceremony | Mail Online
She wears strong colors very well. They both look quite happy to be in NYC.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, she does. And, they do look happy.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:16 AM
Administrator

For pics and information about Prince Albert and Princess Charlene attending the annual Princess Grace Awards in New York please check out our extra thread: Princess Grace Awards 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012..!
Old 10-23-2012, 08:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by laduchesse View Post
What a fabulous outfit. ! Very Christmassy looking. As ever, Charlene looks wonderful.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Courtier

Gorgeous as usual! And they look like they had a splendid time in New York.

And the striking red color looks positively otherworldly on Charlene, like a painting, it highlights her lovely natural luminescent makeup free face. Points out how wonderful her skin looks. So innocent and natural looking, honestly makes her appear about 12 years old.