Prince Albert and Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 2: March 2012 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, I don't really like the coat so much - it's shape is very geometrical and not flattering to me.
But one thing I noticed - Charlene has worn her wedding band - but not the engagement ring.....

Do we know if the princess has been given a rosary by the Pope?

Am I the only one. I think I have never seen her looking so well, so natural, so beautiful !

Thanks for the link, as it's a gorgeous picture of Charlene from earlier today.

ITA w/someone else who posted saying it's the best we've seen Charlene look, as she looked so naturally pretty and also confident. I think after a year, she's finally starting to come into her own a bit.

Loved the outfit she picked and thanks to the picture that link up there takes you to, you can see the intricate pattern on the coat so clearly and it's just stunning work. The lace mantilla is also lovely and looks antique to my eyes.

I also thought Albert looked rather dapper as well. His Holiness however....He really looks so frail and has over the last year or so too. Which is a shame to see.

The one thing I was so envious of though from watching the video at Royal Correspondant? Just how low Charlene goes when she does a curtsey to someone. If I did a curtsey that low w/my bad knees, I'd only be able to get back up by falling over first. Sad but true.

Charlene looked wonderful in the white. Glad she was able to wear the white instead of the black for the visit.

I liked Charlene's outfit fo rher visit to the Pope, but oh for a comb!

I remember a discussion with the conclusion that high heels are sometimes not the best choice - so is it ok to wear high heels if you visit the pope?

I remember a discussion with the conclusion that high heels are sometimes not the best choice - so is it ok to wear high heels if you visit the pope?

Why not? If she is comfortable, why not?

That's a beautiful and thoughtful gift.

Yes, a very beautiful gift!!
And so nice to see the initials of Albert and Charlene at the organ!

The "privilege du blanc" is for HRH and the ones who do not have this privilege are HSH. A Royal Highness is higher than a Serene Highness. Reigning Catholic Queens, Catholic Queens Consort, and Catholic Grand Duchesses from Spain, Belgium and Luxembourg, who are HRH, have the privilege and Princesses and Princesses Consort from Liechtenstein and Monaco, who are HSH, do not. The late Princess Grace of Monaco, a Roman Catholic from birth, was HSH and never granted the "privilege du blanc."

In 2005 at Pope Benedict XVI's inaugural mass and in 2006 María Teresa, Princess Consort of Luxembourg wore white when meeting the Pope. Maria Theresa is a Grand Duchess and her title is, Her Royal Highness The Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg

So Perhaps Monaco asked for the "privilege du blanc."

In April 2006 Cherie Blair, wife of the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom surprised many by wearing all-white to meet the Pope. When women meet the Pontiff they should wear black, preferably with a black veil, or mantilla. Cherie Blair is not a royal.

When Angela Merkel, the German chancellor, wore black, but omitted the veil. Wearing all-white to meet the Pope is a privilege normally reserved for Catholic Queens.
Where is it stated that www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privilege_du_blanc was given to HSH Princess Charlene? I think you have to have earned your stripes to receive that privilege. Unless that was given in strict dispensation for Princess Charlene the colour was a major faux pas.Black is worn because the women- the myrr bearing ones who took CHrist off the cross wore it. Does anybody have a link to anything concrete about the dispensation granted the Princess?
Has Cw been granted the privilege du Blanc by the Vatican and does anybody have the link?

Last edited:
It was confirmed after the visit by the Vatican press office that indeed Charlene, like other female Catholic monarchs and wives of Catholic monarchs had the privelege du blanc. The Vatican rules has been updated a few years ago. I am sure if you search the appropriate thread you can find the link you want. It was not a faux pas on the part of the Princess Consort.

^^^^
By 2005 MT was the wife of the reigning Grand Duke of Luxembourg.
It is entirely possible that Benedict XVI has granted the Princess Consort of Monaco the privilege du blanc since there are so few reigning Catholic monarchs these days.
It would be in a published link somewhere..........do ya think? Her own Pr team should have written something in advance about this special privilege granted her if so great; fabulous; yet again we are all left to guess keep up and participate in the confusion.

Where is it stated that www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privilege_du_blanc was given to HSH Princess Charlene? I think you have to have earned your stripes to receive that privilege. Unless that was given in strict dispensation for Princess Charlene the colour was a major faux pas.Black is worn because the women- the myrr bearing ones who took CHrist off the cross wore it. Does anybody have a link to anything concrete about the dispensation granted the Princess?
Has Cw been granted the privilege du Blanc by the Vatican and does anybody have the link?

Wikipedia menTion it in the last paragraph and quote the press office It was permitted.

The remarks from the Vatican Press Office is somewhere in all these forums. Presumably someone questioned her appearance in white so the press office responded. It wasn't a privelege granted specifically to her, it was granted to all female Catholic monarchs and the wives of Catholic monarchs. Even the Vatican updates things eventually.

We've had this discussion on Catholic forums, the understanding is ALL female Catholic monarchs/wives of monarchs are allowed to wear white if they so choose.

LaRae

they look so good together! love Albert gesture to Charlene^^

Lovely. Yes. they seem happy and good for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom