The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Courtier

Yes indeed, I have read only postive things. How very curious that some people seem to believe there were negatives. I too, would like to see the links to those comments.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Serene Highness

This is not good! Charlene could do so much better! the dress is messy and almost too casual, her hair and make up make her lace wedding dress look washed out! and her posture does not indicate olympic swimmer!

Princess Charlene Of Monaco Attends 2012 Oscars Wearing Akris Gown | Fashion Culture

OMG. OMG!!! I just got around to looking at photos of Princess Charlene and Prince Albert on the Oscars red carpet, and I cannot even believe what I’m seeing. Was Charlene actually CRYING on the red carpet?

http://www.celebitchy.com/category/charlene_wittstock/

I need someone to explain to me why Prince Albert and Charlene were there. I mean is not only plain weird, but she was looking as sad and desperate as every other time. Why would you like to flaunt that horrible pathetic look on your face in such a public event?
Fashion is the art

Charlene Wittstock, the Princess of Monaco, hid her willowy figure in a loose-fitting white gown. The former swimmer's pose lacked the confidence required to pull off such an overwhelming neckline

Charlene Wittstock - Best & Worst Dressed at the 2012 Oscars - StyleBistro

Old 03-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lovely. A site called "Celeb-Bitchy", which speaks for itself, a site that thought Angelina whomever, who has a bar code tattoed on her arm,amongst other hideous tattoes, looked good, as opposed to many other sites, which loved Charlene's look, are your proof. Well, I have liked other gowns on Charlene, too. But she looked lovely. You never miss a chance to throw mud at Charlene. Never have you said one positive thing about her or Albert, so why do you persist on this site, except to insult. Why am I disrespectful?
Old 03-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Serene Highness

The LA Times, Variety(the bible of Hollywood) and the Beverly Hills Courier gave PA and PC nice articles. What more do you want?
Old 03-06-2012, 03:38 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Personal arguments have been deleted, please use the private message system for such discussions instead!

I think we can agree that a big event like the Oscars causes as many negative as positive articles, we can find
examples for both and can leave it at that regarding a final evaluation!
Old 03-07-2012, 11:08 AM
Courtier

Yikes, I honestly didn't even watch the Oscars (haven't watched them since I was a child), so I missed out on Prince Albert & Princess Charlene. :(

Hope they had a good time, but judging by the pictures Charlene didn't seem to. :( I've seen her way happier when she's with children, or in South Africa, and especially at the Church St. Devote with the developmentally disabled adults.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Courtier

For whom it might interest, 4 videos of the oscars / red carpet.
In the first video Albert and Charlene are at the very end.

Forhĺndsvisning | Scanpix

Princess Charlene And Prince Albert II Of

Old 03-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Administrator

I guess if one looks hard enough, one can find anything to support an hypothesis.

For my part, I did see pictures of Charlene and Albert in the already mentioned People and US Magazine (which are two big weekly tabloids in the States). Charlene's dress might have been rated on another US website that rates the best and worst dresses during the Hollywood Award season.

So as far as the press goes, it was worth a brief mention. Again from my perspective they went as fans which is alright but since no one really knew who they were, I didnt see any negative (or rather any notice at all) press attention from the regular gossip blogs that I read. And considering that only a handful were referenced to support the original statement, I think we can call it a draw.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:50 PM
Serene Highness

This dress Charlene wore to Oscars was really bad. It was just hanging on her like potato bag, I couldn't believe it was Arkis. Her hair was even worse, it make her looking like a man. I watched Oscars this year, I saw PA & CW only briefly, they were barely noticed. Well. America has own royals, these are celebrities. On the other had, if they were P. William & P. Kate, they would be noticed, but Albert & Charlene? They are unknown in the U.S.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 03-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Serene Highness

Lakshmi, they were interviewed on the red carpet and shown 2 or 3 times during the show. That's more than most of the nominees. They had really good seats.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene attended the opening of a new daycare in Monaco today, March 20, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **
Old 03-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Albert and princess Charlene arrive to Finland on Sunday. They will attend the Sámi culture´s St Mary's Day in Hetta, Enontekiö, which is an old Sámi tradition. The local Sámi Culture Association, Johtti Sápmelaččat, has arranged activities and program for the event since 1971.
Albert and Charlene will watch reindeer races on Sunday. They were supposed to attend last year, but then they cancelled due to family reasons. They are going to Norway from Finnish Lapland.
Ruhtinas Albert ja Charlene poroajeluihin! | Kuninkaalliset | Iltalehti.fi

Info from the sámi St Mary´s Day
Welcome! - Heahtá Márjjábeaivvit Hetan Marianpäivät
Old 03-20-2012, 02:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene attended the opening of a new daycare in Monaco today, March 20, 2012
This is the most casually dressed that I recall Charlene ever being at an event. With the big scarf she reminds me of Letizia of Spain.

She looks beautiful, as ever. !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Prince Albert and princess Charlene arrive to Finland on Sunday. They will attend the Sámi culture´s St Mary's Day in Hetta, Enontekiö, which is an old Sámi tradition. The local Sámi Culture Association, Johtti Sápmelaččat, has arranged activities and program for the event since 1971.
Albert and Charlene will watch reindeer races on Sunday. They were supposed to attend last year, but then they cancelled due to family reasons. They are going to Norway from Finnish Lapland.
Ruhtinas Albert ja Charlene poroajeluihin! | Kuninkaalliset | Iltalehti.fi

Info from the sámi St Mary´s Day
Welcome! - Heahtá Márjjábeaivvit Hetan Marianpäivät
Brilliant. !! Any chance that you may get to see them, LadyFinn. ?
Old 03-20-2012, 02:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breffney View Post
Brilliant. !! Any chance that you may get to see them, LadyFinn. ?
No, I´m afraid not. I live in Turku, southern Finland. The distance from here to Enontekiö is about 1100 kilometres (684 miles).

Albert and Charlene will stay Finland only shortly, they will continue to Norway.
Monaco royal couple to visit Sapmi - BarentsObserver
Old 03-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
No, I´m afraid not. I live in Turku, southern Finland. The distance from here to Enontekiö is about 1100 kilometres (684 miles).
That's a shame and really far away from you. Sadly!
But we get to see more pics of both of them!!!

Quote:
This is the most casually dressed that I recall Charlene ever being at an event. With the big scarf she reminds me of Letizia of Spain.

She looks beautiful, as ever. !!
I agree 100%.
She looks great and something totally different from what we are used to.
I like it very much!!!

But I think it seems a little bit strange opening a daycare center and no kids around???
Old 03-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Serene Highness

I agree with the last post regarding there being no kids around. I had to check that I wasn't looking at pics of some other event. BTW, if they are going to be in Finland on Sunday do we know if they will still attend the Rose Ball on the Saturday night as this won't give them a lot of time between events?
Old 03-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I am sorry that it is so far away from you. But it is still great to think that they will be in Finland very soon. Lucky them. !
Old 03-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
I agree with the last post regarding there being no kids around. I had to check that I wasn't looking at pics of some other event. BTW, if they are going to be in Finland on Sunday do we know if they will still attend the Rose Ball on the Saturday night as this won't give them a lot of time between events?

I'm sure they'll attend the Rose Ball.

As to the daycare, it's planned for children aged between 2 months and 4 years, they'll have their first day
on April 10. I can imagine they've made the pre-opening without the kids, as the daycare start is exciting
and unfamiliar enough for the children.

Here are two pics with less watermarks:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 03-20-2012, 05:00 PM
Royal Highness

She Looks Nice , But The Shoes Completely Wrong Choice With The Outfit , Thanx iceflower
Old 03-20-2012, 08:05 PM
Royal Highness

Charlene is ok but Albert seems to take again some weight. This evening on monaco info there were 2 reports , one about the opening of the daycare and the other about the travel of Charlene in China. Charlene was in China last week.

Charlene had right shoes because she visited the day care center that is not yet finished, a part of the playroom is still underconstruction, she could not wear hells . The daycare will open on April 10th.
There is an article about the daycare opening in the monaco matin.

video of the visit of the daycare yesteday
Monaco Channel - Chaîne Officielle du Gouvernement Princier