Prince Albert and Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 2: March 2012 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Angela , Charlene is serious because the ceremony requests dignity she can not always smile like a woodcock.

The visit of Germany was a success for Charlene.

I'm sorry, but even in pictures where Albert and the Lithuanian president are smiling and looking happy PC is not. BTW I have never been agianst her as you will see from my other posts but looking happy these days seems to take a supreme effort unless she is doing something connected to South Africa.

It would be nice if PC wore the Monaco order to dinner tonight as I think orders might ne worn. Could she have it even though it's never been officially announced that she does?

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Charlene looks extremely unhappy and/or out of it in almost every pic from the visit to Lithuania so far, like a listless puppet merely going through the motions.

Last edited:
Angela , Charlene is serious because the ceremony requests dignity she can not always smile like a woodcock.

The visit of Germany was a success for Charlene.

Albert is smiling and so is the Lithuanian president. If it was OK for them to smile, I would assume so it was for Charlene. She doesn't look serious, she looks extremely unhappy.

You din't comment about the oktoberfest because Charlene was smiling and happy
I think that it is you , you are unhappy and jalious to see that Charlene is with the prince Albert in an official travel.
On the video we saw that Charlene has the dignity that all praincess have to have in an event like this.
Where do you see that Albert and The president of Luthiana are smiling? During the anthems or when they are in front of the army?

I think that it is you , you are unhappy and jalious to see that Charlene is with the prince Albert in an official travel.
On the video we saw that Charlene has the dignity that all praincess have to have in an event like this.
Where do you see that Albert and The president of Luthiana are smiling? During the anthems or when they are in front of the army?

http://s1.15cdn.lt/images/photos/61...es-charlene-vizito-akimirka-507c1889ab312.jpg

:)

Just like that infamous nbc (i think it was) interview we can blame it on bad editing of the media, but PC seems to be very reserved in front of a camera, which increases the chance of bland pictures like in this last set... even the ones from the oktoberfest seem very reserved...
I'd love to see her more often like at the olympics in London watching the swimming competitions :)

I don't want to sound nasty or mean but by looking at the pictures from the Italy visit, I think there is something very unnatural on her. I don't want to judge on her emotions, I am judging on her appearance, which is I am perfectly aware of is my own subjective view on the matter. (...)

Or what is it? It is as if she is not "down-to-earth" as many of the other princesses try to be or pretend or are. She has an aura telling "look, I know I am beautiful and I know I am a princess". To be honest this gives her a negative touch.

As said I don't want to be mean or do her unjust, it is just an observation that I made. The Octoberfest adds to this. Here also I don't find her natural at all.

Or what is it? It is as if she is not "down-to-earth" as many of the other princesses try to be or pretend or are. She has an aura telling "look, I know I am beautiful and I know I am a princess"

Funny, what it comes across like to me is 'Gosh, i wish everybody would stop looking at me; i like to be here, but i wish it wasn't as a princess'

isn't that fun how one look can seem so different to different people :)

Funny, what it comes across like to me is 'Gosh, i wish everybody would stop looking at me; i like to be here, but i wish it wasn't as a princess'

isn't that fun how one look can seem so different to different people :)

Yes, you are absolutely right :) I can't help myself - I still see in her the person I see :))))

Just view the Official Welcoming Ceremony and I'm think Charlene is just trying to look serious but she do have an unhappy look on her face. Not to say she is unhappy though.

WOW! I didn't know I have to comment on everything, I thought I can comment on what event/ occasion / instance I feel like. You don't know why I commented or not, so please do not make such statements about my actions. And thank you for a nice characteristic of my person. You don't have to like what I write but that is NOT a reason to insult me, really...

Where do I see that Albert and the president of Lithuania are smiling? In many pictures, I am putting ONLY a few links. And in some of those links you will even see they both are smiling and Charlene is not…

http://s1.15cdn.lt/images/photos/616...c1889ab312.jpg
http://paimages.co.uk/preview/?urn=2.14892765
Press Association Images
Picture # 37 & 42
http://www.15min.lt/gallery/zmones/...rincas-albertas-ii-ir-princese-charlene-31233
They both are smiling here, Charlene is not.
Press Association Images
I could put here many more links, but I guess that shall be enough? I have my opinion and you have your own, but, let me repeat, you shall not insult me just because you don't like what I wrote.

Last edited:

As always please stay respectful towards each other, there is no need for personal attacks just because opinions differ!

IMO she does not look unhappy, but perhaps she's taking her 'job' a little too seriously. It can't be easy to have so much constant attention focused on you, granted, but a little smile -- even just a hint of a smile -- will go a long way towards making her seem friendly and down to earth (which I believe she is).

In one of Getty images where she is with Prince Albert, there is just the hintest of a slight smile, giving me the impression she wants to smile but is a little amiss to smile, perhaps she is just being mellow......:mellow::mellow::mellow:

On the video provided by the presidence , we see rather a reserved and shine person than a person who is unhappy or other.
Happily, Albert and the president are relaxed and smiling , we can not compare them to Charlene. They are used to this event. Albert is a public person until many years and the president is president of Luthiania for many years.
For Charlene, it is her first time after the official visit of Germany .
Here it was a little more difficult because the president id unmarried and Charlene had nobody besides her, not even an official who said what to do , she had to respect the protocol, a step behind the couple and stay et her place and with them when it was repuire. We saw on the video that she was a little afraid to do a mistake. but she suceeded, As when there was the photo, she was with them but when Albert and the president shook their hands Charlene made a step back to let them doing this gesture which is very important.
IN the royal sites, many persons critic the king of Sweden, they day, that is a horrible man, he never smiles, . I say them, it is his personality, he is not a dictator.
Here, I will say about Charlene, she is shine and reserved and not unhappy and so.

I think that the president could stay besides Charlene and Albert when he signs the golden book. She was two meters apart.
You will not see a photo of the official dinner, she does not want photos nor videos when there are official dinners.

On the official site on face book

Visite officielle en Lituanie. | Facebook

Last edited:
So now we know why the couple won't be in Luxembourg over the weekend -- putting work before play! Thank you, Lady Finn, for this info...we can look forward to more great pictures!

I agree with posters who feel that P Charlene looks reserved rather than sad in some of the pictures taken during their Lithuanian visit. Let's bear in mind that she is still relatively new to this kind of formal occasion and probably trying her best to do the right thing at the right time! She does seem more at ease during less formal events(picnic, Octoberfest) and I think as time goes by she will also feel more comfortable at these formal occasions.

Maybe they will go to the Poland-England postponed game?

According to the program of the visit in Poland, they could still have gone to the Luxemburg wedding.

I don't think they can get back to Luxembourg in time. And remember they also have to leave for NYC...

She is very minimalis
t with her jewels : no earrings, only her wedding band, not even her engagement ring !

I think Charlene looked nice today in Poland but I dont understand why she needs to wear the coat indoors.
Cant wait for the dinner later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom