Prince Albert and Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 1: July 2011- February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an another article about the venue of the princes and it found the princess very beautiful and glamour

Photos : Oscars 2012 : Charlène Wittstock et Albert de Monaco : un couple princier qui a fait sensation à Hollywood !

EIIR, it is an assumption not a explanation, give me the names of these children of winners and we will speak about it

http://www.gettyimages.fr/detail/ph...lbert-ii-of-monaco-photo-dactualité/140059241
A last getty image

this photo is on wireimage taken during the host party after the oscars evening but it is exclusive and we can not send the photo,you can only go on the agency wireImage or getty

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol something is being "Lost in Translation" here

WOW. ! Charlene's hair has grown a lot. It looks lovely on her.

It's one thing to attend the ceremony, but to preen and pose on the red carpet just rubs me the wrong way. They're either royals or celebrities, they can't be both.

And if they hadn't stopped for pictures, ignored the cameras / interviewers etc. the papers would have had a field day deeming them arrogant or stuck-up.
Albert and Charlene just cannot win. !!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not like you, I love the dress, it is simple not falbala and so. She is elegant and Albert can be proud of his wife. She is not Angela Jolie nor an actress and so. She is Charlene no matter what your Joan Rivers could think about her dress. She is more beautiful than those actress who have no sens of elegance
We are entitled to our opinions as you and we think her color choices are boring. The white so close to her neck washes her out and she looks tired. Her hair color being blonde adds to it with this color and I have said it before her forehead is to high to be wearing her hair pulled back like this. I listen to all the criticism about Charlene and have nothing at all against her she is Alberts choice. InStyle has 38 photos that I went through and there is 1 green, 1 fuchsia, 1 print, 1 pink, 2 gold and she wore a blue for her civil wedding. Seven out of 38 is not a good percentage of color. They are white, beige, black or gray and only one print out of 38 unless you count the black and white dress as a print but, I don't its still in the black and white category. This is why people complain about her being boring if she would only spice up her color choices and not go strapless people would be happier.

I LOVE Charlene but I wasn't mad about her dress or her hair on this occasion. She may be Princess of Monaco but I can imagine that this was a very daunting event for her.

And if they hadn't stopped for pictures, ignored the cameras / interviewers etc. the papers would have had a field day deeming them arrogant or stuck-up.
Albert and Charlene just cannot win. !!

To be honest, there was so much else going on with so many actual movie stars and assorted industry types, I somehow doubt the media would have been that bothered had they just got out of their car, given a wave to the crowd and walked in to take their seats.

I do not like this ceremony at all with all this extravagance, actresses who are ugly. to thin too big too tall. Apart Georges Clooney and My french Jean Dujardin.interviews which are uninteressing.
Charlene is not an actress, she is a princess with dignity that the women have not here. She will not play a film and it is not a championship of elegance. But she is beautiful. Her dress looks like the one Cathrine of Cambridge wore in November at a gala.
She is lucky to attend to this ceremony and it is good

Too tall?! IMO very rude to call someone too tall since that is something you cannot change, it is hereditary.

The dress is ugly, but at least it was suitable to conceal she does not have a womanly body. I suppose it was the idea, since there where so many stunning beauties at the red carpet.

As I've understood it, Charlene is a woman and thus she does have a womanly body. It may not be what in your opinion is feminine but that says more about you than it does about PoM.

Honestly, why are people being so mean? We have a proverb in my country that roughly translates as 'A woman is a wolf to another woman.' I am sad to say it seems to be true. Men are rarely as mean to other men as women are to each other.

I don't understand why Charlene hardly ever smiles!!! What's the deal with that??:eek:

Like the after party pictures! So glad to have the Monaco Royalty here in the US!

Who would PA donate to? That is ridiculous. His foundation has had a relationship with Disney for several years. He was their guest. PA has been surrounded by people from Hollywood since birth. His mother was an Academy Award winner. People like George Clooney, Brad and Angelina, Michael Douglas and Stephen Spielberg are seen in Monaco yearly. If you want to get snobby, why was Jane Seymour there?. She is a hasbeen TV personality. (I like Jane so I don't mind.) I note a tinge of envy from Europe, especially the UK.

At the Vanity fair party they seemed relax, especially Charlene. I just saw a sequence from the red carpet and Charlene seemed very shy and insecure. But who wouldn't. She's not used to THIS attention. She did a good job.

At the Vanity fair party they seemed relax, especially Charlene. I just saw a sequence from the red carpet and Charlene seemed very shy and insecure. But who wouldn't. She's not used to THIS attention. She did a good job.
I'm sorry Smush, I have to disagree with you after all these years she is very use to it. It was reported after her first Red Cross Ball Albert yelled at her for posing for the cameras when he told her not to. She is also not shy as people think from viewing photos. I'm not trying to be negative about her its just who she is, non shy and she learned protocol and restraint in public. Sorry there is no other way to say it.

Exactly. ! Charlene, despite her title and beauty is still finding herself and doesn't come across as very confident. That will change, hopefully, as time passes.
She wouldn't have known many, if any, of these people and was probably very over-awed and excited at seeing so many *stars*. :flowers:

there were many critics about their venue before they went to the oscars evening'Why, if' and they were the guests of the director of Dysney, there was this sort of interview before they entered in the big room where Albert had to repeat why they were at this evening and finally there was this third zone actor who made fun about them , wearing an ugly princely uniform followed by two girls 'bimbo and you wanted she would be at ease, Albert was used to this but not Charlene. America people has a long habit of hospitality here it missed

there were many critics about their venue before they went to the oscars evening'Why, if' and they were the guests of the director of Dysney, there was this sort of interview before they entered in the big room where Albert had to repeat why they were at this evening and finally there was this third zone actor who made fun about them , wearing an ugly princely uniform followed by two girls 'bimbo and you wanted she would be at ease, Albert was used to this but not Charlene. America people has a long habit of hospitality here it missed

A lot of interviewers on red carpets tend to ask questions to which they already know the answers. I guess that many TV viewers may not have known why Albert & Charlene were there hence the reporters / interviewers asked these questions.

Who was this actor who made fun of them. ?

I dont think Sasha Baron Cohens uniform had anything to do with making fun of Albert. He was there in costume to attempt to promote his new movie "The Dictator". Probably the best publicity his film could get since no one was talking about it beforehand. After Borat his star has dimmed a bit.

So they had to explain why they were there? The anniversary of GK death was not a good excuse for the press. Of course, the idea of attending was just weird, they are totally out of place and were completely unnoticed.

A couple of posts about Sacha Baron Cohen have been deleted as off-topic. Please use the
"Feb 26th 2012 - 84th Academy Awards"-thread instead if you wish to discuss the awards
ceremony. And as a general reminder: Please respect differing opinions! Thanks!

Why wouldn't anyone want to go to the Oscars if they had a chance? He's been to the Super Bowl (American football) and the World Series (baseball). Those tickets aren't very easy to get either. William and Kate went to a Bafta event in LA and I didn't see anyone complaining about that. The Queen goes to Wimbledon and she will probably be at the London Olympics. Much ado about nothing. The press is always looking for an excuse to write about the Grimaldis.

When I saw her dress I thought, oh no! But then I thought, would it have been so bad if this was any other event? The gown was light, airy, delicate and quite pretty but for the Oscars I expected something more. She has worn IMO a number of gowns which, if we had seen for the first time at the Oscars, I'm sure we would have been raving about. I give you;

Prince Albert Of Monaco And His Fiancee Charlene Wittstock and

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail...hsh-princess-charlene-of-news-photo/120425815

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail...es-for-the-ein-herz-fuer-news-photo/136040130

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail...-s-h-prince-albert-ii-of-news-photo/124184918

So was this a deliberate ploy by the Princess? Was she trying to be really demure in the face of all that Hollywood glitz by saying " I am a Princess and I don't need to compete with these actresses?" I guess we will never know but judging by PC's previous outings in comparison to this one I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

BTW With regards to the poster who said she couldn't compete with Angelina Jolie I would still put Princess Charlene's gown above her's.

Last edited:
Sasha was not making fun of the Princely couple. He was promoting his movie. Not to disparage Albert and Charlene, but I doubt he was thinking of them when he got this idea (which was talked about at least a week before the Oscars).

I must admit, I don't understand the point of Albert and Charlene of attending the Oscars unless they just wanted to. And if that is the case, thats alright. I mean how many of us, have extended a business trip or changed the dates of something that you had to do, so you can do something you wanted to. For example, when I went on a business trip to San Francisco, I took a day off and spent a day or two doing a tour of Napa. That way I didn't have to spend money for airfare (because that was already paid by my company) and I only had to come up with extra money for extra hotel stays and food.

Surprised to see them there. I thought it was (other than nominees, presenters and their dates) just academy members or people who were involved in the nominated movies who attended.

Why wouldn't anyone want to go to the Oscars if they had a chance? He's been to the Super Bowl (American football) and the World Series (baseball). Those tickets aren't very easy to get either. William and Kate went to a Bafta event in LA and I didn't see anyone complaining about that. The Queen goes to Wimbledon and she will probably be at the London Olympics. Much ado about nothing. The press is always looking for an excuse to write about the Grimaldis.

For many many years Monaco's Grimaldi family have been guests at the Cannes film festival. Grace Kelly even attended prior to her marriage. Princess Caroline has frequently attended Cannes too. Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's attendance at the Oscars is probably to publicise and promote Monaco.
That is part of the reigning prince's duty.

It is unusual but not out of line for Prince Albert to attend a Hollywood Oscar event. Princess Grace did have many Hollywood friends visiting Monaco during her years in Monaco. I don't find it strange or tacky for Prince Albert to continue with Hollywood connections while projecting an image of glamour for Monaco.

Now that I think of it, Prince Albert has been a visitor to Hollywood more than most people realize. He seems to keep in contact with his mother's friends and pops in for charity events or Monaco publicity events. Prince Albert also has stated that he has visited every one of the 50 states in the USA. So what is the fuss about attending the Oscars?

As for posing, he was there to be on camera for Monaco and everyone walking the red carpet is guided towards cameras and interviewers. If he rushed past the cameras he would be perceived as being a snob.

Totally agree with the last post. When you are there you are there. The red carpet is awash with people calling you this way and that, if PA and PC had ignored them (not that I am saying that they wanted to) it would have caused major bad publicity for them.

I don't understand why Charlene hardly ever smiles!!! What's the deal with that??:eek:

Duchessmary, that's a bit of a loaded question. She just doesn't come across as particularly happy (you can make your mind up as to why that may be the case), and let's just say there has been speculation that Charlene's face has received some 'help' which makes showing genuine emotion quite difficult. Allegedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom