Prince Albert and Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 1: July 2011- February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

You're welcome! I like the fact that they visited the exhibition despite the fact that it had
already had a royal visitor. Most exhibitions are only once in the spotlight.

I know Monaco is a small place but I am always impressed by the way members of the royal family support events in the Principality. Albert was interviewed in a Point de Vue special edition of the exhibition (the magazine is a part sponsor) & he indicated that he was fully intending that he & Charlene would visit. In the latest gallery, I noticed that Charlene is pictured against a backdrop of the display of wonderful photos of the wedding - this might be a further reason to visit.

I know Monaco is a small place but I am always impressed by the way members of the royal family support events in the Principality. Albert was interviewed in a Point de Vue special edition of the exhibition (the magazine is a part sponsor) & he indicated that he was fully intending that he & Charlene would visit. In the latest gallery, I noticed that Charlene is pictured against a backdrop of the display of wonderful photos of the wedding - this might be a further reason to visit.
Indeed it would make sense that the princely family support their 'rock' as it is a fortress of wealth (as shown so well in the Grimaldi Forum exhibit!) where high visibility is evidently necessary to still tongues that would otherwise wag for lack of other occupation!:lol:

I think it's expected of the Serene Ones to do publicity for many of the initiatives in and around Monaco, and the more the better.
One could say it's written in the job description.

After all, the Principality vies for attention with hundreds of states who all beat the drum for their own jurisdictions.

It may be the title, but I think it is the fact that she is now a married woman and belongs where she is. Before our weddings, we are all in a tenuous position.
Agreed! I'm all agog with curiosity for the Red Cross Ball.

Looking at the photos of Prince Albert I see an inner happiness there, that wasnt there before he got married, and oh gosh he reminds me so much of his late Mum the beautiful iconic Grace:ohmy:

Looking at the photos of Prince Albert I see an inner happiness there, that wasnt there before he got married, and oh gosh he reminds me so much of his late Mum the beautiful iconic Grace:ohmy:

The pics are absolutely wonderful, both look great there. I agree that Albert looks much better than he looked years before. Or maybe I like him much more now than before. Actually he reminds his mother a lot, but the bald head makes the big difference. ;)

At last we are on the 5th.... I can't wait to see them and her with the tiara !

Are you sure that the tiara will make an appearance ??
This is just a fundraising event when all is said and done.

I think its lucky she has 'broad shoulders', now all she needs is 'thick skin' & she will be set to withstand all the talk, judgement, gossip she will have to endure living in the goldfish bowl that is the Monaco court!:ROFLMAO:

Are you sure that the tiara will make an appearance ??
This is just a fundraising event when all is said and done.

The Ocean tiara is currently on display with the wedding gown so I don't think it will make an appearance tonight.

I like that look ...... It conveys complicity ... and promise....

The Ocean tiara is quite nice but too bad Albert didn't spend a bit more and have a full parure made with necklace, earrings, brooch & bracelet to go with the tiara.

Last edited:
So what's next for Albert and Charlene?
Does anyone know?

we are at the beginning ofAugust, not many events, the red cross gala finishs the most big events of the year, after there is the pic nic with the people of Monaco in september the national fest (november the 19th), mass, the family appears in the honoryard and the balcony, the days before, (there are festivities.).. There are also evening galas, fightaids gala, sport and peace gala, in New York, there is the award of Princess Grace where there is always the family of Grimaldi. and so. I heard that princess Charlene will be made citoyenne d'honneur of the town Beausoleil in september and that the couple will make a visit to a town in England where the parents of Prince Albert made their first visit.

Last edited:
Thank you for the infos!
And I think it's a great idea.

The visit of the princely couple was announced on visit monaco on face book in june just before the wedding

Yes, I'm aware of that, having placed the link into my Newsfeed at the time.

Does anyone have a full pic of the Lagerfeld portrait as seen in the image in the above link?

So nice to see her regularly now ! She looks great !

I like her dress here but I do not like the portrait of Lagerfeld at all, but I think it is for this sort of store, elegant and surprising I think it is a gift of the princess for this area. I do not think we will see it in the palace or anywhere, perhaps it will be a second but in their privat apartment. Do not rush to watch it, it is not useful.

I think its lucky she has 'broad shoulders', now all she needs is 'thick skin' & she will be set to withstand all the talk, judgement, gossip she will have to endure living in the goldfish bowl that is the Monaco court!:ROFLMAO:

I totally agree. Royal courts can be difficult places. I wish her well.

There are photos of the princely couple attending yesterday the festival of Menton, a festival of classic music. These photos are on newscom and profimedia editorial.

I like her with the long hair!
And what a huge flower bouquet :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom