Prince Albert and Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 1: July 2011- February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hhmmmm ......doesn't sound like she has much of a problem with photographers or paparazzi.

Rosana, if that's the case --- and I'm not saying it is or isn't --- she won't have been the first royal to do so.

Anyway, I was not talking about the paps. I was talking about your everyday, garden-variety person. A person like me. There is a difference.

Probably a good thing then, given that they will always be part of her life.
imo i dont think she really cares infact i think she likes having her pic taken-she seems to find and pose for the camera again imo :)

I found a video of them in Antiparos.
They seem relaxed and enjoying themselves.

imo i dont think she really cares infact i think she likes having her pic taken-she seems to find and pose for the camera again imo :)

If so then it is a trait she shares with the late Queen Mother and the late Princess of Wales. Seems like pretty good company.

They love eachother, it is no question anymore... But it is strange, that Charlene told to a journalist, where they are. She didn't want privacy. I think, they don't need such an attention. But it was nice see them.

Hide from journalists?? As desperate as she is for publicity (as has always been), she tells them in advance where she is going to be. She makes sure they follow them and take pictures. Unfortunately for her, it looks like the press is not much interest in the fake love story. This is one of the classless things a royal has done.

http://http://www.looklocal.co.za/l...0&Princess-Charlene-off-on-a-second-honeymoon
That's a little harsh. There are a hell of of lot of Greek Islands to cruise around. :lol:

That's a little harsh. There are a hell of of lot of Greek Islands to cruise around. :lol:

When there will be the annual Red Cross Ball ?
It will be more interesting thiw year:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
When there will be the annual Red Cross Ball ?
It will be more interesting thiw year:flowers:

Isn´t is August 5th?

Anyway, the video is very nice, thanks for sharing the link!:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a lot of videos the past weeks and I think Charlene is pretty shy and insecure especially when she has to say something infront of a camera.
I don't see a woman wanting publicity and attention.

I think this trip was to help Greece get free tourist publicity and for Monaco. Maybe partially the same for PC and Charlotte. I noticed the last few summers someone visits every country from Portugal to Turkey. They seem to be able to disappear when they really want to.

I agree with the comment regarding the number of Greek Islands. They have been caught off-guard in this video, it is obvious, and thay look really happy and casual holding hands and very relaxed.

Have just returned from two weeks in Monaco. Just want to reflect on a number of recent posts. Firstly, the exhibition of the wedding dress - I was able to get to see it displayed in a very beautiful setting in the Oceanographic museum along with the tiara/ wedding car and other memorabilia from the day such as the order of service & ring cushion - but I think it is only on until mid September not November as an earlier post suggested. The display of photographs are quite stunning & well worth a visit ( There are further photos on display in the Grimaldi Centre).
Secondly,I went to the Athletics Meeting & was fortunate to be able to see Charlene & Albert both when they presented medals and at the end of the event. She looked comfortable in this role and I have to say looked extremely elegant ( loved the hair style which did remind me of Grace)
The couple's return to the Principality was headline news in the local press because Albert "summoned" reporters to a brief meeting at the Palace (which both he & Charlene attended) & he expressed his fury at the reports which were circulating at the time of their wedding. He is now taking legal action against the newspaper that first released the reports so it looks lik efurther storms are ahead.

Thank you EllyC for your first hand account of the exhibition. What was the general atmosphere in Monaco? The citizens did they appear to be happy with this marriage?

Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Prince and Grand Master of the Sovereign Military Order of
Malta Fra’ Matthew Festing attended a benefit concert for the charitable organisations of the
Order of Malta on July 31, 2011 in Monaco.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Beautiful Charlène ! I appreciate these pix very much

Thank you EllyC for your first hand account of the exhibition. What was the general atmosphere in Monaco? The citizens did they appear to be happy with this marriage?

Well from my very limited knowledge/experience they are pleased with the interest the wedding has generated in the Principality - tourism appears to be bouyant. The people I met both French & Monagasques seemed to be in general agreement that the Principality had celebrated the wedding in style. I have to say there is a also a fair amount of cynicism amongst the people I met, but no hostility, and generally good will towards their new princess.

Well I am largely basing my impressions on a few friends I have got to know over the years plus the feelings I got from say when Albert & Charlene entered the Stadium for the Athletics meeting which was largely attended by locals ( Monagasques & French) - there was loud, prolonged applause and many stayed to watch them leave the stadium. Also I heard comments about the success of the Jarre concert/fireworks on the eve of the wedding & general appreciation of Charlene's wedding attire for both ceremonies.

Well from my very limited knowledge/experience they are pleased with the interest the wedding has generated in the Principality - tourism appears to be bouyant. The people I met both French & Monagasques seemed to be in general agreement that the Principality had celebrated the wedding in style. I have to say there is a also a fair amount of cynicism amongst the people I met, but no hostility, and generally good will towards their new princess.
Thank you Elly for taking the time to answer my questions.

It's nice to hear that the people obviously like Charlene and don't think she is an opportunist like many people in some forums see her.

Princesse Charlene and Prince Albert have visited the exhibition "Magnificence and Grandeur
of the Royal Houses in Europe" on August 3, 2011 at the Grimaldi forum in Monaco - it's the
exhibition Princess Caroline had opened last month!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** daylife gallery ** belga **

Thank you for the pics.
They look great!

I just love the way she looks at him :)

Wonderful photos of TSH's :flowers:

It looks to me that she is comporting herself much better than before the wedding. Perhaps having a title has given her a particular kind of self confidence.

It may be the title, but I think it is the fact that she is now a married woman and belongs where she is. Before our weddings, we are all in a tenuous position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom