The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 01:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Nice Matin a serious newspaper announced that Albert and Charlene will be at the oscars evening a month ago, but this news was never confirmed by the palace.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Nice Matin a serious newspaper announced that Albert and Charlene will be at the oscars evening a month ago, but this news was never confirmed by the palace.
No. !! For me, the Oscars, this year are very predictable. The only highlight had been the thought of seeing Albert & Charlene there.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

there is an article which says that they are invited by the director of Dysney

News at Monte Carlo Ballet - HSH Prince Albert to Attend Oscars | Society News LA
If it is a privat travel, the palace does never confirm the news before, but it makes an announce after the event to avoid the photographs
Old 02-25-2012, 12:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
there is an article which says that they are invited by the director of Dysney

News at Monte Carlo Ballet - HSH Prince Albert to Attend Oscars | Society News LA
If it is a privat travel, the palace does never confirm the news before, but it makes an announce after the event to avoid the photographs
Thanks for that article, melina. Good to know what Albert's connection is (apart from Grace having previously won an Oscar, of course) with the film industry.

You are right when you say that the Palace frequently frequently posts pictures and information AFTER the event.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:07 PM
Courtier

I can't wait to see Charlene's dress! I haven't been so excited since Sandra Bullock won the oscar.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:44 AM
Aristocracy

At a pre-Oscar event ... Looking lovely.

Teri Hatcher and daughter Emerson step out in copycat style at pre-Oscars brunch | Mail Online
Old 02-26-2012, 03:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Albert and Charlene at Los Angeles

Their Serene Highnesses Prince Albert II and Princess Charlene of Monaco in Los Angeles, CA | The Royal Correspondent

on getty image there are photos of the couple at this diner

nice to see them at Los Angeles,the earings of Princess Charlene are very beautiful. They do not come only to be present at the oscars evening but also because Mont Blanc makes a tribute to Princess Grace with its jewellery.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:25 AM
Serene Highness

http://tinyurl.com/85pw84g

I love Charlene's choice - very elegant, yet casual and breezy. Perfect for the venue and the location. The hair is 'just right', as is the make-up and the earrings. Perfection. Simplicity rules.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:55 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here's a larger gallery of pics of yesterday's event:

** gettyimagess/daylife gallery - February 25, 2012 **

And the official release from the Palace today:

Quote:
The Princely couple, invited by M.Robert A. Iger,Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Walt Disney Company, will attend to the Oscars this evening in Los Angeles.
The Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation and Disneynature signed a global agreement in 2010 to help raise public awareness through films and documentaries on the emergency to protect the environment.

** Hola: Confirmado: Los príncipes Alberto y Charlene asistirán a la gala de los Oscar ** translation **

** purepeople: Charlene de Monaco scintille à Hollywood devant Petra Nemcova et Mischa Barton **

** public.fr: Photos : Charlene Wittstock et le Prince Albert de Monaco : unis et rayonnants pour un brunch très VIP ! **
Old 02-26-2012, 09:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

So happy they'll be there. Can't wait for her bling.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:18 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...96_634x825.jpg

I like Charlene a lot; despite all the criticism she often gets, Charlene is a beautiful young woman who always dresses elegantly and with dignity. However, I cannot be the only one who thinks it is inappropriate for a Princess and a Sovereign Prince to actively promote the new collection of a jewellery line?

Still, I wait forward to seeing them during the Academy Award ceremony!
Old 02-26-2012, 10:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

It is not any jewellery but the Mont Blanc Jewellery brunch celebrating collection Princess Grace in memory to the beloved princess Grace of monaco. There was already evenings organized by this jewellery in september in Monaco with Princess Caroline, Prince Albert, princess Charlene and in November for the Princess Grace Awards in tribute to the princess Grace.
This year, it is the 30th year that Princess Grace is dead , I doubt that this jewellery is given to each person at the oscars evening.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Spletnik -Prince Albert and Princess Charlene in Hollywood
Old 02-26-2012, 01:22 PM
Courtier

I guess one new photo.

Prince Albert & Princess Charlene Are In La: Will They Show Up At the Oscars?
Old 02-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I would love to see so e close ups of Princess Grace of Monoco Mont Blanc Jewellry..........
Old 02-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Serene Highness

As with the Barbie doll collection, I think the royalties goes to support the familiy's charities. It is also a way to keep PG's name and Monaco in the public eye.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:51 PM
Heir Apparent

So they're just invited to watch right? Are they presenting or anything? I'm excited to see them.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:25 PM
Courtier

From what we know they will only be there to spectate as guests of Disney.
No presentations. But maybe the cameras will show them when they remember Grace Kelly.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's bad enough that they would turn up to the Oscars at all for no apparent reason, I just truly hope they don't spend time posing on the red carpet. This is where royals cross over into celebrity land for me.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:23 PM
Courtier

I don't like their turning up either but on the other hand I like the idea of them attending such a big event and seeing Charlene in a stunning dress.

Closed Thread