The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Serene Highness

What a sad, dull event it has become. Where is Alexandra? She´s such a joyful, happy, lovely girl. She would have put a smile on children´s face I´m sure.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

for you, it is a sad event because you don't see your favorite princesses Caroline and Alexandra but the children wanted to see only the christmas father and anyone else perhaps the prince and the princesse and the only thing they wanted last years and to day was the toys they would receive.
You can see that the chidren were very happy on this site
MYROYALS: PR
for me the only important thing is the happyness of the chidren , so many children are alone and unhappy in the world

Old 12-14-2011, 11:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
I understand that they wanted to make a cut and try out something new, but nevertheless I find it
disappointing to see the Princely couple only, it's always been such a nice family event, even Princess
Alexandra had started to attend in previous years - so no, not the best idea.
I agree with you Ice. It would have been nice if Princess Alexandra and Princess Caroline (and Princess Stephanie) would have go. It's a little bit disspointing to see just Albert and Charlene. It lacks of something, imo, because it is a family event. The family has always gone together, Albert, Caroline and Stephanie. Even last year Alexandra joined.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:09 AM
Administrator

Exactly, the good old Christmas tradition - a family event

Melina premiere, I don't think you need to defend anyone, if some people miss something
then it's an acceptable expression of emotion.

Here are some additional pics:

** lehtikuva.fi gallery ** gettyimages gallery ** Billed-Bladet gallery **

** pp: Charlene et Albert de Monaco : En Mère et Père Noël pour une journée magique **

** nicematin gallery: Des bambins enchantés à l'arbre de Noël du Palais **

Pics without watermarks:

** zimbio: 'Arbre de Noel' 2011 For Monaco Children **

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene also handed out Christmas presents at the Red
Cross Headquarters in Monaco:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

...at the day nursery Notre Dame de Fatima of the Red Cross where the children presented
a little circus show inspired by the Monaco Circus Festival

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

and at the Foyer Sainte Devote:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** gettyimages/wireimage gallery **
Old 12-15-2011, 08:24 AM
Courtier

Great to see them not just handing out presents at the palace and for kids only
I love the scarf that Charlene is wearing. Finally some different colour!
On newscom there are more pictures!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Albert and Charlene are very happy, Charlène is more and more at ease , I like this photo
Fotobanka Profimedia | fotografie číslo: 0109437259

There is also a small video on the site Monaco Matin on the right corner
DIAPO: les petits monégasques enchantés à l'arbre de Noël du Palais | monacomatin.com
Old 12-15-2011, 01:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

By the way, does anyone know why the kids are receiving christmas cards or something similar, instead of gifts? (i mean, toys, etc) in the palace courtyard? The toys are only given inside the Palace?
Another thing that called my attention, is that there is a big snowman instead of the traditional christmas tree of every year.
They certainly have changed some things this year.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Courtier

I don't have a clue. Maybe a christmas card outside and the personal gift inside?!
Charlene does have a folder, maybe there are names and gifts listed.
Maybe Stephanie and Caroline had other things to do and couldn't attend (or didn't wanna attend).
The snowman looks trashy to me. I would have loved a traditional christmas tree.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
By the way, does anyone know why the kids are receiving christmas cards or something similar, instead of gifts? (i mean, toys, etc) in the palace courtyard? The toys are only given inside the Palace?
Another thing that called my attention, is that there is a big snowman instead of the traditional christmas tree of every year.
Exactly, Where's the christmas tree? There is no Christmas without Chistmas tree

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire

My blog about Pauline
My channel about the Monaco princely family
Old 12-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Courtier

At the Red Cross Headquarters in Monaco they were having fun and Albert is wearing a cowboy hat
http://www.gettyimages.de/detail/nac...foto/135841830
Princess Charlene Of Monaco Smiles At Prince Albert II

That's a great pic of Charlene:
Princess Charlene Of Monaco Holds A Bunch Of Flowers
Old 12-15-2011, 01:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

On monaco matin it is said that after the photo outside the children watched a spectacle and ate a snack and chocolates in the presence of the princely couple and received their toys? You can see on the site of photos that the toys are very beautiful. On Monaco info there was a resume where we could see a christmas tree in the room where they received their toys
To day it is nice they visited a home called foyer Sainte Devote which receive children fom 13 to 18 who are alone

I like this photo, charlene is very beautiful
official Christmas ceremony at Monaco Palace fotografie | fotobanka Profimedia #0109339077
Old 12-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Serene Highness

Probably doesn't want to cut down a real tree just after the plant a billion trees conference.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Serene Highness

Lovely to see them helping the less fortunate at this time of year as well as focusing on the children of Monaco. It's what Christmas is really all about. I would love to see pics of them attending church on Christmas Day, do we ever get to see pics of that?
Old 12-15-2011, 04:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
They just attention the One Billion Tree Campaign to plant trees which could explain the change to the snowman.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Administrator

It's not the first time, the large Christmas tree is missing In 2009 for example there was a decoration
with a snow landscape and ice bears and 2010 they chose a snow landscape with snowmans and similar
items. So it's getting more diversified.

As to the cards the children were holding in their hands: they are their wish lists they deliver to Santa
Claus and the Princely Family. Of course the real wish lists have already been delivered by the parents
when they registered their kids for the event. But that's part of the Christmas miracle

And as to pics of the family attending the Christmas church service in Monaco, no, we haven't seen
pics like that during the last decades.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

We never saw the princely family attending the christmas church service because, there is a small chapell inside the palace where the family use to attend the service every sunday when it is here of course. It was the chapel you saw at the end of the religious ceremony wedding. The prince and the princess signed the registers. It is very beautiful and we can visit it when there are the daye of the opening palace.
I agree with you ice flower, for the wishes of the children. For the tree, I saw one in the room where the children received their gifts.on the resume of the day on tv
Old 12-15-2011, 08:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Is it so cold in Monaco that she never left her coat ?
Old 12-15-2011, 09:51 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
Is it so cold in Monaco that she never left her coat ?
It's been around a high of 15 degrees Celsius the past couple days and looking into the next couple days. The lows during the day are around 6 degrees Celsius. Personally I would be wearing a coat outside at those temperatures, especially with a dress on.

Source
Old 12-16-2011, 03:45 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
I agree with you ice flower, for the wishes of the children. For the tree, I saw one in the room where the children received their gifts.on the resume of the day on tv
The tree discussion was about the outside decoration in the centre of the wonderful stairway
where the group pictures are tradionally taken..

Here are some more nice pics from yesterday with less watermarks,

I think, Charlene has perfectly accomplished her role as a princess during that gift marathon

** lehtikuva.fi gallery **

** purepeople: Charlene et Albert : Avec le couple princier, c'est tous les jours Noël **

** parismatch: Charlène, Albert et le Noël des enfants **

** Photos : Charlene Wittstock et Albert de Monaco : ils poursuivent leur tournée de Noël avec élégance ! **

** hellomagazine: Albert and Charlene play Santa for excited youngsters **

** Hola: Mónaco, Bélgica, Noruega... La Navidad entra en palacio **
Old 12-16-2011, 05:45 AM
Courtier

Great pictures. I think she's getting used to these events and enjoys it bit by bit.
And Albert also seems to get more at ease with kids around.

But I hope Charlene won't be covering herself like that tomorrow evening

On Bunte.de there is an article about the christmas event at the palace.

http://www.bunte.de/royals/monaco-ho...aid_29051.html

Closed Thread