Prince Albert and Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 1: July 2011- February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Albert had a short interview and Charlene is wearing a white dress with her hair up.

I saw Albert and Charlene , charlene is wearing a white dress, she is very elegante

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit boring for an outfit but she is very beautiful !

What did Albert or Charlene say in the interview?
Charlene said nothing that I heard as far as Albert he mentioned it being 30 years since his mothers death and 60 since she won the Oscar.

People asked about them attending and why. This is from Forbes

Tickets were hard to get. The word was that Prince Albert and his new bride, who are walking the red carpet today a the Oscars (in honor of Albert’s late mom, Grace Kelly) originally were turned down when they asked for an invite, But they made a large donation and gained admittance.

Edited to add: Charlene is boring wearing the same colors all the time. Give me some Royal Blue again with great lines or prints.

Last edited:
I do not like this ceremony at all with all this extravagance, actresses who are ugly. to thin too big too tall. Apart Georges Clooney and My french Jean Dujardin.interviews which are uninteressing.
Charlene is not an actress, she is a princess with dignity that the women have not here. She will not play a film and it is not a championship of elegance. But she is beautiful. Her dress looks like the one Cathrine of Cambridge wore in November at a gala.
She is lucky to attend to this ceremony and it is good

It's bad enough that they would turn up to the Oscars at all for no apparent reason, I just truly hope they don't spend time posing on the red carpet. This is where royals cross over into celebrity land for me.

The academy awards is a very prestigious annual event. We do not have royalty here in the US, but this event is attended by our most talented and important actors, of which Princess Grace was a part of. Her son and daughter in laws presence is entirely appropriate. It is offensive to imply that this is beneath royal participation.

Some untagged pics
princess charlene - News, photos, topics, and quotes

Saw them going to their seats on CTV they're not too far away so the camera might pan to them at some point.

Do we know since the theme this year seems to be old Hollywood I wonder if they may mention Grace. I can def see the camera panning to them if they do.

I have 20/20 vision but for some reason cannot spot them right now. Saw them earlier though during the pre-show so I know approx where they are seated.

Last edited:
The academy awards is a very prestigious annual event. We do not have royalty here in the US, but this event is attended by our most talented and important actors, of which Princess Grace was a part of. Her son and daughter in laws presence is entirely appropriate. It is offensive to imply that this is beneath royal participation.
I agree the Oscar is lthe most prestigious annual any one is lucky to even get a pass there, anyway i am not feeling charlene dress, this is the oscar i would have love for her to look like angelina jolie or WOW the people and give them reason to feel envy about,that dress was too plain and boring and it does not even stand out in the crowd expect her royal connection.I wonder what joan rivers will said tomorrow on fashion police!:whistling:

Last edited:

I agree. You have said it well. I have not understood the objection to the presence of Albert and Charlene. They are 'family' because of Grace. Their presence at the Oscars is, as you say, entirely appropriate. I'm glad that they make a point of coming. :flowers:

Patra you are right and it is well said.Princess Grace won an oscar, she was an actriss and she was a america girl and usa was proud when she became a princess, it is a shame to read that the presence of her son was beneath a royal participation it is not in the use of the people of USA to say that. it is a kindly people.
Albert and Charlene were the guests of the director of Disney.

The dress is ugly, but at least it was suitable to conceal she does not have a womanly body. I suppose it was the idea, since there where so many stunning beauties at the red carpet.

.I wonder what joan rivers will said tomorrow on fashion police!:whistling:

CW is starting to look like Joan Rivers:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I am not like you, I love the dress, it is simple not falbala and so. She is elegant and Albert can be proud of his wife. She is not Angela Jolie nor an actress and so. She is Charlene no matter what your Joan Rivers could think about her dress. She is more beautiful than those actress who have no sens of elegance

I can't say it's my fave dress but regardless I still thought she looked beautiful. I hope they enjoy themselves. Who knows we may even see them at an after party or two.

She is not an actress and was not trying to upstage the nominees. She looked dignified, befitting her role.

I just pity them if they have to sit though the entire show, but maybe they will be able to sneak out early and head off to one of the parties.

Joan Rivers hasn't been funny in a long time. Nobody cares what she thinks. I did like the 2 fashion people ABC had as announcers. They are much more knowledgeable.

The dress is ugly, but at least it was suitable to conceal she does not have a womanly body. I suppose it was the idea, since there where so many stunning beauties at the red carpet.

The dress looked as if it was designed for a summer dinner party. The dress looked out of place at the Oscars. Her hair was not good either. It is difficult to decide on what "feels" right or what "looks" appropriate; that is what a stylist is for. She behaved, as one would expect, dignified and polite but on Hollywood's biggest night I wish that she had looked more glamorous.

Hola says what is written on the french sites to day, not else, examiner and the mail forget that the Grimaldi family makes a good work with the princess grace awards which promote young acteurs and actresses every year. Their presence is appropriate here as other people.
they spread the bad rumors at the times of the wedding they see that the couple is strong and in love and they are wrong,
The french sites say that Charlene wore a simple dress, with no big neckline, no transparent material, she was beautiful as use and she behaved as a princess not like an actress she does not need to be glamourous

The earings are fabulous and wonderfull.

Right. She doesn't have to prove anything. But everyone is expecting a bit more on the oscar night.
In some pictures I would say it was too much for Charlene. Too much attention, too many people, too long red carpet.

Oh dear, they did pose on the red carpet. How unfortunate.

So, they were turned down for tickets and had to make a large donation in order to attend? How many children of Oscar winners from decades ago insist on attending the awards themselves?

I'm sorry but the whole thing is incredibly tacky to me, although not exactly unexpected.

EIIR, oh my god, they posed on the red carpet, what a shame! they did nothing apart to pose here they are not gods but humans
I think there is a lot of jalousis here, as I said the Grimaldi family made a lot for the movie star and for the young actors in promoting them with the foundation of Princess Grace Awards. and please don't talk about the children of oscar winners who wanted to be there. Give us the name of these children and we will speak about that but now it is a false explain.

The luncheon thrown in their honour was a bit classy enough given Albert's tackiness but of course he had to ruin it by posing on the red carpet,waving and giving interviews abt their reason being at the Oscars w/c btw did'nt coincide with the reason given by the palace LOL..and then they moan about Princes of Monaco not taken seriously.

EIIR, oh my god, they posed on the red carpet, what a shame! they did nothing apart to pose here they are not gods but humans
I think there is a lot of jalousis here, as I said the Grimaldi family made a lot for the movie star and for the young actors in promoting them with the foundation of Princess Grace Awards. and please don't talk about the children of oscar winners who wanted to be there. Give us the name of these children and we will speak about that but now it is a false explain.

You misunderstand me. My point is, do the children of other Oscar winners from decades ago see it as their right to attend the ceremony? If they did there would be no tickets left for anyone else. Although, in fairness, they probably don't have the means to buy their way in.

It's one thing to attend the ceremony, but to preen and pose on the red carpet just rubs me the wrong way. They're either royals or celebrities, they can't be both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom