Prince Albert and Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 1: July 2011- February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This shelter was decided six years ago, ' read the article of Monaco matin or listen to the vidéo),the former shelter was too small and the children, from 6 to 18 years , were placed in other shelters which were not adjusted to their age, ther are also 3 apartments for mothers and their children these mothers were beaten by their husband and must be far away of him.
This shelter was not built for the 'glory' of the princess Charlene, the decision was taken 6 years ago, long time before Charlene Wittstock became the wife of Prince Albert or come to Monaco, I think what bothers you, is that the shelter is called "foyer Princess Charlene', you has to used that Charlene Wittstock is now the princess of Monaco .
Lakshmi, you have a falke idea of Monaco, the Monaco's population is not aging, there is a young population who is very active, who works and has children. Monaco is tied to the France and
is inside a region , many workers come from france and Italy to work also in Monaco. There are many exchanges between these the towns .
Charlene was very at ease at this inauguration, ( see the video) , she was also moved for these children who will find, I hope, the happyness again here

Site Officiel du Conseil National - Principauté de Monaco
It is the link of the national council. You click on ' seance public" on the right and you have the visit of the couple in live , boardcasted last thursday

there is an old article dated on 2008 who explained the necessary of an other shelter for chidren in monaco
Monaco Foyer de l'enfance : des situations de plus en plus aiguës | Nice-Matin

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn´t know Monaco had children "in need". And honestly it doesn´t look like a house for children, with that weird portrait, minimalist furniture, it looks more like an old people´s house. It´s not warm or comfortable.

Rosanna, you have a so many hate that this shelter would look like to a palace, you would say that the shelder is uggly, it is not the princess Charlene who built this shelter, it was the WILL OF THE PRINCELY GOVERNMENT which wanted some years ago a new shelter for the children who were beaten or were victims of sexual abuses and so the children in this case live everywhere in the world. You have any pity for them, a thing for you is important the shelter is called 'foyer princess Charlene'. and it is not good for you.

Rosanna, you have a so many hate that this shelter would look like to a palace, you would say that the shelder is uggly, it is not the princess Charlene who built this shelter, it was the WILL OF THE PRINCELY GOVERNMENT which wanted some years ago a new shelter for the children who were beaten or were victims of sexual abuses and so the children in this case live everywhere in the world. You have any pity for them, a thing for you is important the shelter is called 'foyer princess Charlene'. and it is not good for you.

Yes, sexual abuse, cruelty and so on does not only exist in poor places. Those who are subject to these horrors are most definately "in need". In need of protection, of care, of love etc.

Yes, the furniture does seem minimalistic but we have only seen a little bit of the centre. We saw a tiny part of the games room. We did not have access to private bedrooms.

Of course, these children would like to be like other children and would like to live at home with 'normal parents.
On the article dated in 2008, ( read the article) it is said that the Sainte Devote shelter became older and it was not adjusted to these Children, they had to go in France and there were not enough places for them.
In the newspaper'Monaco matin' of the last week, the article said that the children or the older of them will move in some days from their former shelter to this shelter. There are bookcases for young children and for the older children, audio equipemnt and tv plasma. and they will bring with them toys for young children and posters for the older
there is a new thing in this shelter , there are 3 apartments for mothers and children who were victims of violence acts of their husband.

I didn´t know Monaco had children "in need". And honestly it doesn´t look like a house for children, with that weird portrait, minimalist furniture, it looks more like an old people´s house. It´s not warm or comfortable.

Lol I just popped in here to take a quick look around and your post had me ROTFLMAO! :lol:

Okay, now that I have recovered from a fit of the giggles, I checked out the aforementioned pictures and have to say that the room mentioned looks like the t.v. room, and looks exactly like the treatment facility I worked at for a couple of years when I was a social worker. It was a treatment facility for recovering drug addicts & alcoholics, and was split into two different sections, with the young teenagers/children section in another building, on the top floor. Some could stay up to one year, but usually the time period was between 3-6 months.

Anyhow, the room looks like so many I saw when I was a social worker. The bedrooms are another story, and are private. The only time I recall a general area that didn't look sparse was when I was working at a battered women's shelter; they had a "play room" for the extremely young children aged 1-5+ yrs. old and had a bunch of toys, books, playthings, et al.

Good for Charlene, and especially the children. :flowers: I would love to see what the outside looks like? Perhaps some swings, etc. I wonder how old the children are?

I have to agree. I like the furniture style, but it is not good choice for kids. The interior of this shelter seems too aseptic, too cold for children or teens. Although I personally like this style it is not something I would choose for kids. again IMHO.

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene were pictured attending a sports match in Paris yesterday, February 11:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Great to see them again.
It was a Rugby match France against Ireland.

Last edited:
Albert et Charlène - YOU
The rugby match was cancelled at the last minute, it was too cold and the rugbymen could not play because the stade was insecure. The prince and Prince drunk something in a bar near the stadium, Charlene seemed to have very cold.

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene were pictured attending a sports match in Paris yesterday, February 11:

Pic 5 **

Albert and Charlene's faces in this picture mirrored that of my husband and I. We couldn't believe it when the match was called off 2 mins before kick-off. :sad:

We might have got some nice glimpses of the two of during the match too.

Something on their mind like:

Great, and what do we do now??? :ermm:

The princely couple look great, I always forget how TALL princess Charlene is!

Great pictures and Charlene wears a saucy top under her coat.

I haven't seen Charlene smile like this in a long time! What a great smile :)

Fabulous picture. ! Charlene looking gorgeous. Albert looks great given that he must have been only recently back from Mali and Burkina Faso.

I haven't seen Charlene smile like this in a long time! What a great smile :)

Isn't it gorgeous. ! I reckon that she is terribly happy that Albert is back home again. :flowers:

Last edited:
Awww pic 1 is too sweet, they make a great couple IMO!

Princess Charlene and Prince Albert attended the Monaco Red Cross Graduation Ceremony
in Monaco on February 21, 2012. And it started with a kiss :)

Did Albert & Charlene arrive separately to the event?
Charlene looks really good, a short break and she's back radiant.

Last edited:
Prince Albert is the president of the Red Cross of Monaco, He had a council of directors of the red cross just before the ceremony, Charlene joined him for the awards.
Charlene is very radiant there

They look so happy together... nice outfit too !

Happy couple and great pictures.
Charlene seems to let her hair grow and she wears her hair parted in the other direction this time.

Last edited:
:previous: Mmmm! I love how chilly, reserved and cold this couple are! From the wedding to now, it's always the same, chilly, cold and freezing! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Nice to see them happy to this gala. It is a lovely couple.

I think they will be at Oscars Evening sunday february 26th.

You can see thousands of pictures of CW and it´s always the same stiff, rigid expression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom