Prince Albert and Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 1: July 2011- February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have mixed views on Albert & Charlene attending the Oscars. Do I think it’s beneath them? yes. Why do I think that? Because there really is no reason for them to be there. If Grace were getting honored in some way or if they traditionally attended I may think differently- but I fear this will be seen as very desperate attempt for Albert & Charlene to drum up some much needed publicity for themselves. I fear the snarky, nasty comments and press will return- It’s Hollywood remember- they can say anything about ANY subject.

But on the other hand-, if you look at from a business and reality standpoint- it may not be so bad. Fact is they do not have the world wide popularity that Grace and Rainier have- or that William and Kate now have. Like- said- Hollywood came to Grace- she never had to go hawk her image for anything. They came to her, the press hunted her and her family relentlessly PA & CW do not have that situation or the luxury of people always coming to them. Like many places in the world- Monaco’s economy is hurting now. PA & CW may have no choice but to pimp out their image sometimes —kind of like the Kardashians/Snookies,etc. But say what you want about the Kardashians- the press may call them desperate for fame and publicity but the business fact is - they banked $65 million last year and you cannot argue they get press. The publicity can’t get any worse for PA & CW than the negative press surrounding their wedding and honeymoon-. Their image is kind of defined like that anyway- so why not go with it- make some money and bring the Hollywood wanabees to Monaco. As long as they spend money and help increase tourism- who cares. It’s a different time there now. Forget the –glamour image blah, blah , blah, blah - think reality and business .

PA & CW are doing everything they can. They are out and about in Monaco and other places-smiling and doing their jobs. They just don’t have the star power or media popularity of their predecessors – so they have to change the game plan and work with what they have. So I say- go for it. I wish them the best.

As I said in my last post, I think it is unlikley that they are just turning up at the Oscars for no reason. It's 30 years since Grace died and I do think that she will be specially mentioned at the event and that is why they have been invited.

Prince Albert has always visited NY and LA in the US often, he has many business dealings and charity events here. So, this may be a case of him attending to additional business along with the Oscars. Also he has a daughter in CA, Jazmin, and this could be an opportunity for him to visit her as well.

There are only two ways a person can get inside the auditorium for the Academy Awards. One is to be invited, the other is to be a "seat filler." I can't imagine Albert and Charlene being the latter.

There are only two ways a person can get inside the auditorium for the Academy Awards. One is to be invited, the other is to be a "seat filler." I can't imagine Albert and Charlene being the latter.

Kitty...you forgot the production crew...nah - I don't think that's the answer.:ROFLMAO:

maybe they can go all lady gaga and go down the red carpet in a giant egg :lol: but seriously thats great for them those Hollywood types seem to fawn over royalty so im sure they will have a pile of admires and enjoy themselves good for them

:previous:
Sorry but your comment about Lady Gaga and your avi is making me laugh so hard..the picture looks like he's spinning a record or a king is dj'ng :lol:

It's the Burger King who represents the hamburger chain of the same name. He creeped everyone out so much that sales actually fell and the poor guy that played him was fired.

Well, I am thrilled that they are attending. More lovely pictures.

It may have something to do with the upcoming picture "Grace of Monaco" which is currently in pre-production. It may have to do with an award for Grace. It may have to do with publicising Monaco.

Whatever. !! I am going to enjoy it.

on newscom, there are photos of Charlene and albert inauguring the home of children bearing the name of Princess Charlene.

princess charlene is in red

Last edited by a moderator:
They both look teriffic. Love the abstract of Charlene.

There is already a shelter home called Princess Grace's home but it is too small now ,there are not enough places for the children in difficulties, now there is a
Princess Charlene's home.
Maybe all the children who would be here for a moment, find again the happyness.

What a wonderful tribute to Charlene. So fitting given her love of children. As KittyAtlanta says, they both look terrific. This is the first time that I have seen Charlene wearing the colour red. It looks wonderful on her. A truly classy and chic outfit.

He's lost some weight, no? He is an extremely genial looking man, I must say. They do look very fine together.

PC looks very elegant and it's good to see her doing something so worthy. Does anyone know when her own charitable foundation will be officially launched? The Prince said it would be early this year but I don't think it has happened yet. I also noticed a wedding portrait on the wall so I suppose this will be the "official" portrait of the Princley couple until maybe they are married a year or so and then we might get our tiara pic!!!

Last edited:
The foundation of the princess Charlene is not yet officially launched, the palace sait it will be in the year of 2012. Yes, the wedding portrait is the official portrait, I saw it in many shops of Monaco and also in some public offices.
I noticed to day that monaco info channel walks again.

This evening, there was a report on monaco info about the inauguring of the princess Charlene children home.
To morrow between 6 pm and 7pm, the reporter said this evening that Prince Albert and Princess Charlene will visit the constitutionnel concil and it will be in live.
It is for the people who receive monaco info
but there is also new channels called www. monacochannel.mc and it is on internet and I believe that every body in the world can watching these channels ,

Thank you for the info melina premiere. I watched it today and I hope I'm able to watch it tomorrow ;)

Last edited:
She looks lovely in red, and they look very happy !!!

Charlene wore already this dress when she visited the Saint charles collège, now the ceremony in live is finished. Prince Albert wanted presenting Charlène to the national council.It is like a parliament. I heard Charlene speaking in french to the president Jean François Robillon

Monaco Channel - Chaîne Officielle du Gouvernement Princier

video on the opening of the "princess charlene" child shelter yesterday

Thank you for these pix... merci beaucoup !

Surely with the inauguration of a foundation in her name, Charlene should be getting one of the official orders soon.

Please note that all posts regarding Charlene wanting "out of the marriage" when they married have been deleted for a variety of reasons (off topic, speculative, moot point since they are actually married, etc.).

Let's stick to their acutal current events. You know...what's going on right now.

Thanks!

Zonk

Monaco Forums Moderator

If only they get the same press here in american like william and kate do 24/7, i find the media not playing fair the only way to get all this photo is here, not even news in american talk about this event it will help if they do.

I must say Charlene looks nice in dark red, she should wear this color more often. But her face looks so sad during the shelter opening. She has a fake smile and her eyes are empty. Weird, weird.

There is already a shelter home called Princess Grace's home but it is too small now ,there are not enough places for the children in difficulties, now there is a
Princess Charlene's home.
Maybe all the children who would be here for a moment, find again the happyness.
But Monaco is a small place & they didn't have sudden influx of inhabitants, on top of this Monaco's population is aging, so they have less & less kids. So I wonder why they had to build this shelter... :ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom