Prince Albert and Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 1: July 2011- February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't the honeymoon. That will take place later after the IOC meetings. This is per an interview that was reported on this forum last month. The location (and details) of the honeymoon are a secret from Charlene and the world at this time.

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene are not ordinary folks as well. What applies to regular people does not necessarily apply to those in power and have responsibilities and commitments that they cannot easily get out of. After all, Prince Albert is not just a figurehead and is a member of the IOC which had an important event right after his wedding.

How long are they away from Monaco for?

The Herculis contest is on the 22nd, the musical fireworks on the28th, and the Bal de la Croix Rouge on the 30th.

I have only been recently following this so I don't have a longstanding opinion or, for that matter an agenda. In all honesty I would say that Charlene looks to be truly happy to me, not so sure about PA though I do think he looks happier, more relaxed than on the weekend. As for each of them getting what they want, I would say that that is the case with many/most couples. That does not necessarily carry a negative connation, I think.

An gorgeous body? Really? She has the body of a man. Oh i know, her so called "olympic" career did that. It's a huge body, it's anything but beautiful.
And she doesn't look happy, she only fakes smiles all the time. She has to, now that everyone thinks she is unhappy in her marriage.

An gorgeous body? Really? She has the body of a man. Oh i know, her so called "olympic" career did that. It's a huge body, it's anything but beautiful.
And she doesn't look happy, she only fakes smiles all the time. She has to, now that everyone thinks she is unhappy in her marriage.

Nothing about Charlene looks "mannish" she has an athletes body. How would know whether she fakes smiles or not?

I do not understand why people who so clearly dislike the subject of a forum torture themselves by reading it .... it's a puzzle.

And by ANY standards this young woman is very beautiful .... even if you do not like her. ;)

Nothing about Charlene looks "mannish" she has an athletes body. How would know whether she fakes smiles or not?

I do not understand why people who so clearly dislike the subject of a forum torture themselves by reading it .... it's a puzzle.

And by ANY standards this young woman is very beautiful .... even if you do not like her. ;)

Oh yeah, it torturmes so...:whistling:
You are not the first telling "she is gorgeous" or "she is beautiful". And that's it. Seems like some people here only likes the princess to be "beautiful" and that's good enough to be princess, it doesn't matter if she has the ability to pull off the role, or if she has any cultural knowledge. She "is beautiful" and that's all. How sad.

I concur. Beauty (and ugliness) is in the eye of the beholder. Ehhh...you're both right. For me - I think she's a good looking Lady!

You have such sweeping statements regarding your definition of what's gorgeous, what looks happy ... I know this is a forum but I find this narrow-minded and extremely biased views insulting not just to Princess Charlene but to women in general. Also, it shows disrespect to those who do not see things the way you do.

And speaking of unhappy, well, the bitterness is definitely not coming from the new princess ...

:previous: As a Fashion Editor, my comment remains as is ;) Though we appear to agree fundamerntally.
:flowers:
haha! yes! we do.....I 'm with ya on that! She's just fine the way she is! - and she is quite happily making her own way with her style- and that is what is most important!

Last edited:
I don't think she has a gorgeous body, she has a nice figure. She would look much better if she added a few pounds in her hips. She is thin like some of the other Princess's.

Her smile is due to her teeth. If Charlene wasn't happy you would see it in her eyes even if she is smiling. She wears her feelings. She looks happy to me.

You are not the first telling "she is gorgeous" or "she is beautiful". And that's it. Seems like some people here only likes the princess to be "beautiful" and that's good enough to be princess, it doesn't matter if she has the ability to pull off the role, or if she has any cultural knowledge. She "is beautiful" and that's all. How sad.
Why does she not have the ability to pull off the role? What cultural knowledge is she lacking that she couldn't learn? It takes more energy to hate than it does to love and it isn't healthy.

With regard to Princess Charlene's shoulders, I've been wondering what the fuss was about because it's not something I noticed before. Suddenly, now I see what people are talking about and yes indeed she has amazing shoulders that suit her statuesque figure.
Clearly she has no problem with them herself and one can only imagine she has no intention of trying to hide them or cover them up or wear clothes that disguise their emincence and beauty.

Same here. Yes she has broad shoulders but they are proportioned well to her height and her frame...I think she looks great in her clothes!:whistling:

Same here. Yes she has broad shoulders but they are proportioned well to her height and her frame...I think she looks great in her clothes!:whistling:

Agreed! My daughter was a swimmer in her younger years and I recall how the young girls had such nice broad shoulders. She is a great advertisement for Armani. And .... NO, it is NOT all about the clothes in case anyone wants to start down that road. :flowers: It is just merely a response to those who want to do a hatchet job on her.

Ok, she does have nice clothes. She does wear them well. BUT, what i don't understand is why people here think that just because she is beautiful, she will be super princess?
It takes more than that to be a correct princess. She still has time to learn. And i hope she'll learn well, for the sake of Monaco. That's all.

There's much more to her than having the wardrobe and the body to show it off well. She is an accomplished Olympian athlete, which demonstrates that she's a hard worker and committed to what she believes in. Additionally, there have been multiple reports from people who have met her who said she's kind, friendly and down-to-earth. She has no skeletons in her closet and has brought no shame to Monaco. She's already comitted her support to a number of charitable causes, something the is evidently quite passionate about. PA is a highly intellectual person, and he has clearly identified all the qualities he seeks in a Princess for Monaco. She's far from perfect, agreed, but the least we can do is support her in all the challenges she's up against -- and hope for the best. 'Best' being a happy marriage, filled with love, respect and alas, children.

BUT, what i don't understand is why people here think that just because she is beautiful, she will be super princess?

No one has said that ........ no one at all. We have merely responded to those who have said that she was unattractive and "mannish". She will, in all likelihood, be as correct a princess as any other.

What does torturmes mean?

Well, you guys know I hate comparisons (especially since they tend to throw threads off track).

HOWEVER

I will say in the beginning with Diana (despite everything that happened in the end) in the beginning the Press focused on her clothes and looks, and later on her charity work with Land Mines and AIDS. And let's not forget, although she was the daughter of Princess Grace and Prince Raininer, when Caroline was in her mid teens and early twenties, the press focused a lot on her love life and her clothes (which they still do) it wasn't until later that people started to appreciate the work she has done in and for Monaco.

So let's not write her off just yet.

My point (and yes I do have one): its not Charlene's fault (like it wasn't Diana or Caroline) that people (i.e. the press and those who follow them) focus on their looks. Yes it shallow but who doesn't like to see a pretty girl in a nice dress doing charity work. Later on, if she chooses to (and I hope and believe she will) Charlene will use her looks and her clothes to bring attention to worthy causes. Much like Diana and Caroline.

While perhaps it's unfair to focus on looks, it's certainly the case that no expense is spared in most royal weddings in an effort to look attractive/elegant/beautiful. They know they are being looked at, and that's part of the gig. When a new person marries into royalty, they marry into the public eye.

It may or may not be shallow to pay attention to appearance, but humans are quite visual creatures. Most young women are attractive, as Princess Charlene is, but one would not expect her to be everyone's notion of ideal beauty. I certainly do not know who the Ideal Beauty may be - and as a straight woman, I'm not looking at other women as objects of attraction. I still have opinions on how people look. I can find a person interesting - and want to know more about them (so come to their threads) without finding them physically attractive.

I doubt I'm alone.

Not to mention how much criticism there would be if the person in question paid little or no attention to how they looked. I tend to think that when a person puts some effort into their appearance they are showing a certain respect for others. What would we think if those people didn't care and did not make any effort? It is only shallow when that is the only thing to be focussed on and I don't think that is the case here, except maybe for the media.

Too true. However, she -- or rather, her dress sense -- is not going to be judged on his inadequacies and shortcomings. I sincerely hope that she puts some thought into what she wears for official appointments, or at least seek some professional advice.

She and Albert make quite the couple. Each with their large domed foreheads , her disarrayed ( read messy ) hair and small head on a large frame. Her slightly larger eyes are her saving grace. His eyes are small and beady. While looks aren't everything by any means, I find them both unattractive and think they would vanish in a crowd were they not titled.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/07/06/article-2011852-0CE0F49200000578-450_634x575.jpg
I don't consider a person to be an 'intellectual' when they continue to make the grave mistake of not taking birth control precautions and breeding children who are subjected to cruelty because of lack of concern over their eventual fate. Who could truly love a man who shows such a cavalier attitude toward his own flesh and blood after his own childhood of love and indulgence?

I find this couple very ordinary in the looks department with an unromantic past. When it takes half a century to choose marriage, I see no enthusiasm on his part and at least some hesitation on hers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom