Old 09-04-2011, 08:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

You are right, beautiful. Very elegant.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Monaco glamour brought to Harewood House event

Published on Sunday 4 September 2011 19:09

THE Prince and Princess of Monaco were among VIPs at Yorkshire's Harewood House last night for the Variety Club Golden Jubilee Ball.

Prince Albert, 53, and Princess Charlene, 33, a former South African Olympic swimmer, were the guests of honour at the ball, which was attended by more than 300 people and raised more than £250,000 for charity.
Yorkshire Post

Old 09-04-2011, 10:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Albert looks more healthy and vigorous than I can remember from the past. Perhaps being married agrees with him. Charlene looked very elegant.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:36 AM
Majesty

That ivory evening gown she is wearing is stunning.

She could have even worn it-accessorized-as her bridal gown!
Old 09-05-2011, 01:24 AM
Commoner

Apparently, Prince Albert and Princess Charlene were in Geneva, Switzerland on the 3rd of September.
Charlène et Albert de Monaco se mettent au vert!: People - People - Le Matin
Old 09-05-2011, 04:21 AM
Administrator

Thank you, jlyspio! Hopefully we get to see more of that!

Here's at least one more pic:

** Pic ** nicematin article ** translation **

And here are some additions about yesterday's event:

** Fler galamiddagar för furst Albert och Charlene ** translation **

** svenskdam: Helgens bilder… ** BB: Charlene og Albert til fest **

** Photos : Charlène Wittstock et Albert de Monaco : un duo des plus élégants pour un anniversaire "so chic" ! **

** hellomagazine: Monaco's new golden girl adds glamour to Leeds ball **

** purepeople: Le prince Albert aminci et sa Charlene, ravissante étoile d'un superbe dîner **
Old 09-05-2011, 04:41 AM
Courtier

They look great together and obviously Charlene was enjoying herself.

On german tv there was a short video of the visit in Leeds.
Exclusiv Das Starmagazin Videos Bilder Prominente Stars - RTL.de
(scroll down to Videos: Charlene und Albert: Unterkühlter Umgang) It's not worth translating.... talking about Albert not wearing his wedding ring at past events, crises, not pregnant yet... bla bla. I wonder which woman would be pregnant just days after the wedding and already showing it after 2 months.
But it was nice to have some moving pics
Old 09-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince Albert and Charlene put on a show of unity at charity ball in Leeds | Mail Online

Major major disappointment that I couldn't get up there.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Serene Highness

I like how his tie matched her dress is Switzerland! And she looked so beautiful and elegant in Leeds.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Aristocracy

Slideshow: Prince Albert of Monaco visits Leeds as charity ball raises £250,000 - Central Leeds - Yorkshire Evening Post

nearly lmao (but mainly surprised) when i heard royalty visited my home city of Leeds (normally we have less important royals like lords and majors etc.. being forced to visit us lol),

shame it wasnt advertised more locally otherwise i would have proberly got on the bus to see them

ive been to Harewood House numerous times, and its a beautiful manor.

So glad they came to raise much needed funds for st james hospital BUT i think money could have been split between the two hospitals considering it was a children's charity and the childrens department have moved to the other hospital in the Leeds General Infirmary.

looking at the photos princess Charlene looks beautiful, considering it was freezing yesterday
Old 09-06-2011, 03:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I heard that it was a wonderful and successful event. Prince Albert was handsome as always in in his tuxedo and Princess Charlene was breathtaking in her simple yet very elegant ivory satin gown. I just love her choice of earings. They work so well with the gown. A really picturesque couple indeed.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:26 AM
Administrator

Posts that repeated old, already discussed rumours passed off as new stories have been removed,
please check out the already led discussions at the following threads:

** General News & Information about Prince Albert and Princess Charlene **
** Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's Relationship - Part 2 **
Old 09-06-2011, 04:04 AM
Aristocracy

Charlene is looking elegant. Perhaps their married life will run smoothly. I hope so. But they are NOT royal, they are serene highnesses of a principality, look it up and you will see what royalty is. I must say I, personally, would prefer their rich little Rock principality to some of the countries that still have royalty or to being an exiled Royal Highness.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat View Post
Charlene is looking elegant. Perhaps their married life will run smoothly. I hope so. But they are NOT royal, they are serene highnesses of a principality, look it up and you will see what royalty is. I must say I, personally, would prefer their rich little Rock principality to some of the countries that still have royalty or to being an exiled Royal Highness.
Yes princess charlene look very nice wife & mother in future prince albert is very good man to
Old 09-06-2011, 06:45 AM
Heir Apparent

The question of "royal" or "princely" will always be "raising its ugly head", at least from time to time.

I, for one, have no problem with the Grimaldi being princely - it sets them off nicely from "royals" which are ten a penny :-)
Old 09-06-2011, 07:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Monaco is not a royalty, it is a principauty, this is princely, the prince and the princess are called prince or princess sovereighn not king or queen but the medias say royal and it is wrong
Old 09-06-2011, 07:51 AM
Heir Apparent

I suppose it's laziness, or lack of knowledge .....

But..... girls, who would not rather have a Prince (Charming or not) than a boring old king ? :-)))
Old 09-06-2011, 08:39 AM
Aristocracy

I would prefer a Prince Charming, but perhaps not Albert. If he would like to give me his palace instead I would be grateful. The blue room is just out of this world. They don't use it much for photographs, Rainier and Grace seemed to prefer the cream and gold of the throne room? It certainly matched Grace's complexion. One would have to be a Smurf to match the blue room I suppose.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat View Post
One would have to be a Smurf to match the blue room I suppose.

No Prince, no King for me, thanks. I already have my Prince Charming.

I don't wanna be in there place. Too much attention, no privacy. Being Princess Charlene is not always glamour and fun. Even if you get used to it, it must be hard being recognized all the time.
But she's doing a wonderful job
Btw in Germany we call Albert and Charlene Fürst und Fürstin.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:11 PM
Aristocracy

Isn't that Count and Countess Smush? Of course Count gets complicated in English, as it is Earl but the Countess remains a Countess, LOL.

Closed Thread