Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock Current Events - Part 5: June 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ye Gods! CW is wearing long sleeves for the first time in four years I think.
I like this "Mogambo" look on her -

She looks very Gacelike in the first photo. The dress and the hairstyle.
I like this look as well. She needs to stay away from those plinging neck lines/ slits up to her thighs dresses. She looks like his fiance in these pics.

One can be covered and still be sexy;)

Ye Gods! CW is wearing long sleeves for the first time in four years I think. I like this "Mogambo" look on her -

Yes Jaya, a "Mogambo" look. Ms Wittstock sure looks like a future princess dress like this. :flowers:

I like how they do stuff together like that.
Charlene looks like she stepped out of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

Her face looks lovely and tanned, and that is a nice color but...what is it?!

A dress or a coat dress?

Anyway CW should avoid belted outfits at all costs...she does not have a well-defined slim enough waistline for such a style.

I wonder if Charlene will be accompanying Albert to the Youth Olympics in Singapore next month

Lol, I had to laugh when I saw this picture because people were telling her to cover up (leastways here on these boards, which I'm sure nobility around the world read on the sly ;) ), and so she covers up *too* much, rotflmao! :D

Seriously, I feel kinda sorry for these women that enter the fray, especially those that enter it as commoners, meaning not from royal or princely families themselves (e.g. Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, Lady Diana Spencer, Grace Kelly, Charlene Wittstock). The latter two especially as they are not from the nobility at all. So nothing can really prepare them for what it will be like, despite receiving training on the side, they will be damned if they do or damned if they don't. One has to literally have the skin of a rhinoceros to contend with it all. Good luck! :)

ps: this is why *I* personally believe it is better for royalty/principalities to marry within their own circles, like they did in the past, leastways the knew what they were getting into.:eek:

Nadine for the most part I prefer Royal/Royal or Royal/Aristo marriages too, for many reasons including the ones you stated.

But with the exception of the Belgian and the defunct French Royal houses and a few others, the idea seems to have gone the way of the dinosaur.

Anyway CW should avoid belted outfits at all costs...she does not have a well-defined slim enough waistline for such a style.

Exactly.
Her waistline could do without the belted outfits.

Nadine for the most part I prefer Royal/Royal or Royal/Aristo marriages too, for many reasons including the ones you stated.

But with the exception of the Belgian and the defunct French Royal houses and a few others, the idea seems to have gone the way of the dinosaur.

Sadly, Moonmaiden23 (btw I honestly love your username), I agree. *tears*

I'm one that believes when royalty becomes like every one else, they will be no more. I, personally, hold them to a higher standard, though I know not all have the strength of character and the resolve to sustain it. This is why they should be circumspect in whom they choose to bring into their circles. When the monarchy does fall, they will have nobody to blame but themselves.

This is the way it is for all society though, seems to get worse & worse every decade/millenium, won't be long before God shows up, seriously.

But I digress, I honestly wish Prince Albert & his lovely fiancee, Charlene Wittstock, well. :)

Nadine I am very much a monarchist, because these families link us to a country's history and identity...so I don't want the to become defunct.

But if the trend continues that is EXACTLY what I see happening...in fact it has already begun in some dynasties.:sad:

I pray for the happiness AND success of the Grimaldis of Monaco.

*thanks about my username!*

I don't think we have to fret over not having enough aristos.

They seem to be procreating like there's no tomorrow, and there are always plenty of contenders in the sidelines, waiting for their big chance.

I think PA and CW are interested in sports in general. PA has got to be interested in all sports because of the economic benefits they bring to the Principality.

At the moment he has to spend some effort on Formula One Racing because of Bernie Ecclestone's attempts to extract even larger amounts on money from Monaco, in return for letting it continue the Monaco Grand Prix. It's in danger of being moved to the Far East.

If another sport needed extra support, I'm sure PA would pull out all the stops.
Renata , do you know how long the Grand Prix has been in Monaco? I have a feeling just a presentiment that Monaco will lose it.But I was wondering if you knew how long it has been there.

If you go to Daylife.com, you can see Charlene's engagement ring. It's not as big as it looks in the engagement photos. It's a nice size and I'm glad she didn't pick a huge rock.

are there any other photos close ups of the ring?

Renata , do you know how long the Grand Prix has been in Monaco? I have a feeling just a presentiment that Monaco will lose it.But I was wondering if you knew how long it has been there.

The Grand Prix is held in Monaco since 1929. In 1950 the race has been
part of the Formula 1 World Championship for the first time, since 1955
it's been on a regular basis.

The discussion is already going on at the following thread, so for more
information and discussion please use this thread:

** General information and questions about Monaco and the Princely Family **

Jaya, post 165:

Sorry I did not respond to your post about Formula One - I've only just discovered it, due to it already being on "General questions..."

charlene reminds me to hollywood! she's very stunning only 32..

The European Athletics Championships in Barcelona have been entitled to a princely visit today. Prince Albert II of Monaco was indeed present on Wednesday in the Olympic Stadium of Montjuic with her fiance, the South African Charlene Wittstock. His Serene Highness came encourage the athlete Monaco Brice Summers, who qu ...alified this morning for the semi-finals of the 800m by finishing third in his heat in 1'48''54. Prince Albert II of Monaco, also a member of the International Olympic Committee, spoke at length with the rider after the race.
Pic: Charlene Lynette Wittstock's Photos - Wall Photos | Facebook
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rmc.fr%2Feditorial%2F120028%2Fvisite-princiere-a-barcelone%2F&sl=fr&tl=en

It's a fan page, we've had the discussion before, but it's definitely a fan page!

Oh dear.... PA looks rather middle-aged and and out of condition....

And as to the article's "translation".... Well !!

Quote: "The couple who has spent four years together and will marry on July 9 next year in the Catalan capital" .... ...."The ruler of Monaco ..... went quite unnoticed in the bowels of Olympic..."

Great stuff - but let's hope it doesn't trigger an international incident :)

There is an Italian saying: "Traduttore traditore" - a translator is a traitor.
Treacherous Google.

Maybe this is all wishful thinking, but I am sure PA will try to get in shape for his wedding next summer...why come waddling out of the Cathedral overweight with a lovely bride like Charlene at your side?:ohmy:

Speaking of CW, it will be interesting to revisit this Forum five years from now, when she has had a chance to make her mark as Princess and has-God willing-given the Principality an heir.

It will be fascinating to see if hearts and minds-and opinions!-have changed.

PA and CW will attend a concert this evening at the Palais Princier, from 7pm.

Albert is the US this week. He was in Missouri yesterday, Monday 8/02. He visited his old friend Dr. Munch at regional hospital in Hannibal. It was quite an event for this small town.
Quincy Herald Whig

It also stated that CW joined him too, they suppose to visit St. Louis together.

When they attend this concert? Albert has been in the US since at least Monday 8/2 and Charlene is with him. I posted article at Albert's current event thread...

The concert wasn't just any old concert, but one of a sequence of concerts by the OPMC - the Orchestre Philharmonique de Monte-Carlo.

The remaining concerts in the "Palais Princier / Cour d'Honneur" series were on August 1st, followed by Aug. 5th, and August 8th. There are a total of seven such concerts in the 2009-10 season.

The summer concerts were started by Rainier in 1959 and continue under PA's reign.

OPMC - Orchestre Philharmonique de Monte-Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom