Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock Current Events - Part 5: June 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
Welcome to Part 5 of the thread for the Current Events of Prince Albert of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock.
You can find the old thread here:
Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock Current Events - Part 4

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Prince Albert II of Monaco and his fiancee Charlene Wittstock arrive for a synchronized swimming event at Louis II stadium in Monaco June 30, 2010.
First appearance since becoming engaged.

(imo)...in the majority of charlene's pictures, she seems to be lacking self-confidence or looking rather tense, maybe she is a shy person by nature, but she must get over it by now....she has been in the public eye for quite some time now. what is she afraid of??? the cameras? criticism? comparision? or what? i do hope that she'd look more relaxed after getting engaged as time passes by. i wish the couple all the best.

That's the first time I recall anyone referring to her as shy. She isn't afraid of the camera either she will pose for photographers when Albert allows it and is self-confident.

confidence

(imo)...in the majority of charlene's pictures, she seems to be lacking self-confidence or looking rather tense, maybe she is a shy person by nature, but she must get over it by now....she has been in the public eye for quite some time now. what is she afraid of??? the cameras? criticism? comparision? or what? i do hope that she'd look more relaxed after getting engaged as time passes by. i wish the couple all the best.

'To have confidence you must have the courage of conviction.Who is sure of their own motives can in confidence advance or retreat' Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe.

Confidence is a great attribute especially in such a role, however not everyone has it in them.

At last a pic together ! I longed for it ! No sight of the ring unfortunately ! One pic is not enough

I noticed that Prince Albert walked out of the church after Victoria's wedding with someone (a woman) I didn't recognize. I also couldn't help but noticed that Charlene looked a tad bit annoyed....at least she looked like she was annoyed to me.:flowers:

First appearance since becoming engaged.
Why is Charlene wearing a black strapless dress to a swimming event?Looks quite dressy for a sports event?.

Charlene expresses insecurity..jmo. and that is a different kettle of fish altogether. and that maybe the exact reason she reached and attained the unattainable position she will have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is Charlene wearing a black strapless dress to a swimming event?Looks quite dressy for a sports event?.

Yes, it is very dressy for a sports and a daytime event. It's more suited for a cocktail party.

Yes, it is very dressy for a sports and a daytime event. It's more suited for a cocktail party.
I agree with both of you. I've read repeated comments about her going strapless and the more I thought about her bone structure it is possible she can't find a lot of clothes that fit her properly with being so slim on the bottom. Now that they are engaged I hope someone helps her out and dresses her more appropriately. There is a tailor at the Palace who could custom fit her clothes, he makes some of the clothes Albert wears. It could also be this is what he tells her to wear, or someone else is.

CW look like she tired. She look like she trying to smile.

I see on the photos on MyRoyals that Charlene is wearing a ring but smaller than the one in the engagement photos. Could she perhaps have two rings? Didn't Grace also have a really large ring and then a smaller one that she wore more regularly?

On Nice Matin it is said that it was a gala, and the people must be correct dressed, look at prince Albert, he had a tie and a costum. Perhaps black was not good for this event,but I am very surprised to see that she has always these critics from the people who don't like her. I thougt that the engagement will stop this, but it continues. Perhaps these people think that these critics will stop the weeding, i don't know. But Chaelene is a sweet person , perhaps shy but who will be a beautiful princess and who will do a good job.

We should not criticise her clothes too much, I think. The black dress may have looked overdressed outside, but inside it may be a different story.
Also, the temperature in Monaco may have had something to do with her choice of dress.

This kind of dress is very much in fashion.... and as far as I'm concerned she wasn't overdressed. This dress was very sober and nice !

Charlene looks very pretty in this perfect summer evening dress. I like the fact that the ring is not as huge as it seemed in the engagement photo. But I think she is wearing it upside down, like a drop. I think the point should be facing down not up. But it's her preference I guess. It's a beautiful ring and Hola has an article on the ring.

What struck me on the pic on post # 21 is the very bony structure of Charlene's body.
Might be an idea to cover up every so often.

On Nice Matin it is said that it was a gala, and the people must be correct dressed, look at prince Albert, he had a tie and a costum.
Albert puts a tie on to walk through the public part of the Palace. Unless its a very causal event with a polo shirt you will see him wear a tie and or jacket.

Jeez, they dont look very happy or even comfortable with each other - they dont even hold hands ....very strange IMO.

Please note that this is a Current Events thread, let's not start the endless debate about the nature of the relationship.

Jeez, they dont look very happy or even comfortable with each other - they dont even hold hands ....very strange IMO.

The majority of the royal couples we see never hold hands.

I agree with both of you. I've read repeated comments about her going strapless and the more I thought about her bone structure it is possible she can't find a lot of clothes that fit her properly with being so slim on the bottom. Now that they are engaged I hope someone helps her out and dresses her more appropriately. There is a tailor at the Palace who could custom fit her clothes, he makes some of the clothes Albert wears. It could also be this is what he tells her to wear, or someone else is.
Lady Mac ,
that is a brilliant idea. I hope Cw gets to use the palace tailor to whip up a few things and make her have a wider variety of clothes!

On Nice Matin it is said that it was a gala, and the people must be correct dressed, look at prince Albert, he had a tie and a costum. Perhaps black was not good for this event,but I am very surprised to see that she has always these critics from the people who don't like her. I thougt that the engagement will stop this, but it continues. Perhaps these people think that these critics will stop the weeding, i don't know. But Chaelene is a sweet person , perhaps shy but who will be a beautiful princess and who will do a good job.
THis has nothing to do with not liking her- this has to do with what she is wearing. If I didn't like her I would really ignore CW and become detached.
Most of us here do not hate Charlene but we sometimes wonder why her dress choices. Now that Lady Mac has enlightened us we are thankful.and hope CW takes the advice.It is a ridiculous presumption that we wish to stop the wedding.No such thing.

What an obsession for the strapless dresses!!! IMO definitely they are not suitable for her, she has very large bones for this!! And they are not classy on her.
The dress she wore for the official pic was much much better.
I hope she wont' have a strapless wedding dress :bang:[
I have to hope with you Fandesacs that there is no strapless wedding gown! Sheesh!Let us keep our fingers crossed

Charlene looks very pretty in this perfect summer evening dress. I like the fact that the ring is not as huge as it seemed in the engagement photo. But I think she is wearing it upside down, like a drop. I think the point should be facing down not up. But it's her preference I guess. It's a beautiful ring and Hola has an article on the ring.
In fact Charlene is wearing the ring"correctly" the point should be up as it is shaped with a point and the superstition with that is if you do not want to shed tears wear the point- teardrop shaped ring " up" and not " down" where all tears fall. So by wearing it up Charlene will not shed tears. Any ring I have had and bought in this shape and form I was advised to wear up and not down. Brava Charlene!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's what i think too...seeing her with such dress sat in those yellow plastic chairs...maybe later they had to go to a gala?

She looks lovely. He is dressed in a Jacket, tie and slacks, she wouldn't wear jeans and a tee shirt with that. She dresses beautifly. Her shoulders are large because she was a swimmer. She looks very regal. The naysayers will complain about anything. If she were wearing that to a cocktail party, they would say, it wasn't dressy enough. She is, probably, not going to wear that ring about every day. She can wear anything she wants to. We should all look so good.

Lady Mac ,
that is a brilliant idea. I hope Cw gets to use the palace tailor to whip up a few things and make her have a wider variety of clothes!

Have you seen Albert's white jacket at the Swedish royal wedding?... I really hope Charlene does not turn to the palace's tailor :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom