The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 02:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Nadine for the most part I prefer Royal/Royal or Royal/Aristo marriages too, for many reasons including the ones you stated.

But with the exception of the Belgian and the defunct French Royal houses and a few others, the idea seems to have gone the way of the dinosaur.

Sadly, Moonmaiden23 (btw I honestly love your username), I agree. *tears*

I'm one that believes when royalty becomes like every one else, they will be no more. I, personally, hold them to a higher standard, though I know not all have the strength of character and the resolve to sustain it. This is why they should be circumspect in whom they choose to bring into their circles. When the monarchy does fall, they will have nobody to blame but themselves.

This is the way it is for all society though, seems to get worse & worse every decade/millenium, won't be long before God shows up, seriously.

But I digress, I honestly wish Prince Albert & his lovely fiancee, Charlene Wittstock, well. :)

Old 07-23-2010, 02:16 AM
Majesty

Nadine I am very much a monarchist, because these families link us to a country's history and identity...so I don't want the to become defunct.

But if the trend continues that is EXACTLY what I see happening...in fact it has already begun in some dynasties.

I pray for the happiness AND success of the Grimaldis of Monaco.

*thanks about my username!*

Old 07-23-2010, 08:00 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think we have to fret over not having enough aristos.

They seem to be procreating like there's no tomorrow, and there are always plenty of contenders in the sidelines, waiting for their big chance.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
I think PA and CW are interested in sports in general. PA has got to be interested in all sports because of the economic benefits they bring to the Principality.

At the moment he has to spend some effort on Formula One Racing because of Bernie Ecclestone's attempts to extract even larger amounts on money from Monaco, in return for letting it continue the Monaco Grand Prix. It's in danger of being moved to the Far East.

If another sport needed extra support, I'm sure PA would pull out all the stops.
Renata , do you know how long the Grand Prix has been in Monaco? I have a feeling just a presentiment that Monaco will lose it.But I was wondering if you knew how long it has been there.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:46 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraglia1983 View Post
If you go to Daylife.com, you can see Charlene's engagement ring. It's not as big as it looks in the engagement photos. It's a nice size and I'm glad she didn't pick a huge rock.
are there any other photos close ups of the ring?
Old 07-24-2010, 04:01 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Renata , do you know how long the Grand Prix has been in Monaco? I have a feeling just a presentiment that Monaco will lose it.But I was wondering if you knew how long it has been there.
The Grand Prix is held in Monaco since 1929. In 1950 the race has been
part of the Formula 1 World Championship for the first time, since 1955
it's been on a regular basis.

The discussion is already going on at the following thread, so for more
information and discussion please use this thread:

** General information and questions about Monaco and the Princely Family **
Old 07-26-2010, 06:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Jaya, post 165:

Sorry I did not respond to your post about Formula One - I've only just discovered it, due to it already being on "General questions..."
Old 07-27-2010, 05:30 AM
Gentry

charlene reminds me to hollywood! she's very stunning only 32..
Old 07-28-2010, 03:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
The European Athletics Championships in Barcelona have been entitled to a princely visit today. Prince Albert II of Monaco was indeed present on Wednesday in the Olympic Stadium of Montjuic with her fiance, the South African Charlene Wittstock. His Serene Highness came encourage the athlete Monaco Brice Summers, who qu ...alified this morning for the semi-finals of the 800m by finishing third in his heat in 1'48''54. Prince Albert II of Monaco, also a member of the International Olympic Committee, spoke at length with the rider after the race.
Pic: Charlene Lynette Wittstock's Photos - Wall Photos | Facebook
http://translate.google.com/translat...2F&sl=fr&tl=en
Old 07-28-2010, 05:09 PM
Serene Highness

Is that a legitimate facebook page or a fan page?
Old 07-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Administrator

It's a fan page, we've had the discussion before, but it's definitely a fan page!
Old 07-29-2010, 06:07 PM
Courtier

Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock in Barcelona

Article and pic: Google Translate
Old 07-30-2010, 06:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh dear.... PA looks rather middle-aged and and out of condition....

And as to the article's "translation".... Well !!

Quote: "The couple who has spent four years together and will marry on July 9 next year in the Catalan capital" .... ...."The ruler of Monaco ..... went quite unnoticed in the bowels of Olympic..."

Great stuff - but let's hope it doesn't trigger an international incident :-)

There is an Italian saying: "Traduttore traditore" - a translator is a traitor.
Treacherous Google.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:54 AM
Majesty

Maybe this is all wishful thinking, but I am sure PA will try to get in shape for his wedding next summer...why come waddling out of the Cathedral overweight with a lovely bride like Charlene at your side?

Speaking of CW, it will be interesting to revisit this Forum five years from now, when she has had a chance to make her mark as Princess and has-God willing-given the Principality an heir.

It will be fascinating to see if hearts and minds-and opinions!-have changed.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:18 AM
Administrator

Several posts have been moved to the following thread:

** Prince Albert and Charlene's Relationship - Part 2 **
Old 08-02-2010, 05:55 AM
Heir Apparent

PA and CW will attend a concert this evening at the Palais Princier, from 7pm.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:58 PM
Serene Highness

Albert is the US this week. He was in Missouri yesterday, Monday 8/02. He visited his old friend Dr. Munch at regional hospital in Hannibal. It was quite an event for this small town.
Quincy Herald Whig

It also stated that CW joined him too, they suppose to visit St. Louis together.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 08-04-2010, 12:01 AM
Serene Highness

When they attend this concert? Albert has been in the US since at least Monday 8/2 and Charlene is with him. I posted article at Albert's current event thread...

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 08-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Heir Apparent

The concert wasn't just any old concert, but one of a sequence of concerts by the OPMC - the Orchestre Philharmonique de Monte-Carlo.

The remaining concerts in the "Palais Princier / Cour d'Honneur" series were on August 1st, followed by Aug. 5th, and August 8th. There are a total of seven such concerts in the 2009-10 season.

The summer concerts were started by Rainier in 1959 and continue under PA's reign.

OPMC - Orchestre Philharmonique de Monte-Carlo
Old 08-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Prince Albert of Monaco, son of the late actress Grace Kelly, and fiancé Charlene Wittstock are vacationing in the United States this week and paid a visit to Elvis Presley’s Graceland mansion today.
Article: Prince Albert of Monaco Visits Graceland|myEyewitnessNews.com, Memphis News, Entertainment, Videos, Business Search and Shopping

Closed Thread