Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock Current Events - Part 5: June 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonc93, that's the first time I have read about the potential to be more royal than the seasoned royals.
But you may well have a point - Charlene has certainly learnt some lessons on how to dress up when in the company of royals - see the Swedish wedding.

I can see ladies dressed in other colours if you look at the photo on the left side. Also, if she had committed a faux pas, wouldn't it have been seized upon in the accompanying press footage?

According to the NY Times Magazine Blog, the dress code was white with floral accents. Charlene's dress should fit the bill then as it has white with floral accents. If you look in the Huffington Post pics, there is also a woman in the background who has white with floral prints too.

Quote Unquote | No Shirt, No Dice - T Magazine Blog - NYTimes.com

The Fabulous Report also has a copy of the invitation, which provides the same dress code. Louis Vuitton Midsummer Garden Fete | The Fabulous Report

:previous: so we can officially say the theme wasn't all white.

Prince Dimitri of Yugoslavia is listed as being a member of the the Princess Grace Foundation committee.

I think because of the way that Albert was very evasive to the press for years and how they both sued magazines last year for calling Charlene his girlfriend, the media is not interested in their "great love affair and engagement". He paraded her around to early and to long without a commitment and so most people are not interested. Their relationship is already stale. Most of us thaught that he was never going to marry her. It seems to be a quickly put together after thought. That's the way I see it.

I agree Bahamagirl. It was like "thinking too much". They have known for so long, and he doens´t have much time to spare, and he´s not a young man already. He has even dated other women when he was seeing CW. She must be a very ambitious woman to bear all that. As for Albert, after having lived as a play boy all his life, he came to a point in which: "well, If I have to marry someone".

Vanity Fair have posted a report on the Hamptons event. What is interesting is that Charlene doesn't get a mention until a good way into the report & she isn't in the picture used to cover the article. It is a positive report once it mentions the couple, but it seems to confirm what many of the members in the States have said on this forum that the engaged couple aren't an attraction in themselves.

Vanity Fair

Vanity Fair have posted a report on the Hamptons event. What is interesting is that Charlene doesn't get a mention until a good way into the report & she isn't in the picture used to cover the article. It is a positive report once it mentions the couple, but it seems to confirm what many of the members in the States have said on this forum that the engaged couple aren't an attraction in themselves.

Vanity Fair

Very true.. I live in Philadelphia. Albert is barely mentioned. This couple does not have that "it" factor going for them. IMO they did it to themselves. Albert and his handlers did everything in reverse in sense of protocol and decorum with their relationship.

I agree with the poster Sandsla when she stated that there was a reason Rainier did not allow Albert to show up to functions/events with his girlfriends. IMO Rainier seem to be very old fashioned about reationships and presentation of the like.

Caro and Steph was very rebellious in their youth while Albert was the calm one. Now the tables has turned and Albert @ 50 years of age is sort of rebelling- so to speak:ermm:.

Seems like after PA laid Rainier to rest. Albert did everything opposite of what his father wanted him to do.

Albert as committed the cardinal sin of not becoming engaged to an American or a film star thus limiting the interest of the American media.

Fewer and fewer people remember Grace Kelly the actress, unless they are fans of 1950's movies, or even Princess Grace. Certainly the all important 35 and under demographic have little idea who she was. Todays celebrity culture focuses on stars going to jail and rehab or reality tv "stars" trying to extend their 15 minutes of fame. The goings on of European royalty is of limited interest to them.

Albert has committed the cardinal sin of having not been very interesting for all of his life. It has nothing to do with the nationality of his intended.

[-][/-]
Albert has committed the cardinal sin of having not been very interesting for all of his life. It has nothing to do with the nationality of his intended.

LOL, perhaps but I expect he is quite grateful not to have been found "interesting" by the media thus avoiding the spotlight that his sisters lived under.

Albert as committed the cardinal sin of not becoming engaged to an American or a film star thus limiting the interest of the American media.

Fewer and fewer people remember Grace Kelly the actress, unless they are fans of 1950's movies, or even Princess Grace. Certainly the all important 35 and under demographic have little idea who she was. Todays celebrity culture focuses on stars going to jail and rehab or reality tv "stars" trying to extend their 15 minutes of fame. The goings on of European royalty is of limited interest to them.

I dont think PA needed to be married to a world famous woman- his father rolled the dice with that, and it was beneficial to Monaco.
I just think he needed to be married earlier in his life and thus using the decorum of a proper relationship. I read on here that other crown princes/princesses shacked up b4 marriage but they dont have the press that the Grimaldis can generate.

I think the whole bridegroom and blushing bride image is blown with this couple. In the world of reality TV and trashy celebrities, I think people look toward the royalty of eruope for old fashioned ideals when it comes to weddings and families.

I stated in other posts that they did everything backwards. If he would have waited untl the engagement to present her. Her profile would have been greater-IMO. CW shouldnt be flying off with PA to all these diffrent places- again image comes into play. This couple should not wait a whole year to get married. Its like they are trying build up momentum-- but that train has long ago passed. A nice private ceremony with the monegasques would suffice.

Let's get back on topic.

According to the NY Times Magazine Blog, the dress code was white with floral accents. Charlene's dress should fit the bill then as it has white with floral accents. If you look in the Huffington Post pics, there is also a woman in the background who has white with floral prints too.

Quote Unquote | No Shirt, No Dice - T Magazine Blog - NYTimes.com

The Fabulous Report also has a copy of the invitation, which provides the same dress code. Louis Vuitton Midsummer Garden Fete | The Fabulous Report
What? :blink: It has little tiny bits of white. If anything, Charlene's dress is floral with white accents. Let's not get carried away people. She's not perfect, she screwed up or ignored the dress code (and saying that other people did it too doesn't make it better - they just did it too). Whoopee. It's not the end of the world. :huh:

Pa and Cw visired Graceland[at Graceland CW wore another gown in olive green that showed her shoulders]. but they could have had an exclusive interview with Oprah[pre recorded now] for the first show of the fall season.No Larry King and no Oprah- Time to give an interview missed.
These are very important PR opportunities to promote Monaco other than just having a good time on vacation,
Wonder if Pa and Cw will attend the wedding of Prince Niko in Greece?
That certainly would be a lovely experience and fascinating trip.

Pa and Cw visired Graceland[at Graceland CW wore another gown in olive green that showed her shoulders]. but they could have had an exclusive interview with Oprah[pre recorded now] for the first show of the fall season.No Larry King and no Oprah- Time to give an interview missed.
These are very important PR opportunities to promote Monaco other than just having a good time on vacation,
Wonder if Pa and Cw will attend the wedding of Prince Niko in Greece?
That certainly would be a lovely experience and fascinating trip.
I agree-at least two great opportunities missed to PR Monaco....
IF he and Charlene are attending Prince Nickolas and Tatiana's wedding, AND going to support Pauline (and the other Monegasque athletes) in Singapore, they'll have to travel at the speed of light as The YOF runs from Aug 14-26th (with Pauline's event on the 23rd, the swimming from Aug 15-20, sailing from the 17-25, and the taekwondo from the 15-18... which means if they are going to support ALL of Monaco's athletes, they'll pretty much have to be there the entire time and either have jet lag at the wedding or not go at all...)

The two of them only had a short work & play holiday, so they could use Singapore as their second short(ish) holiday - and support the Monegasque athletes - and soend more time with Albert's niece - and Charlene can network with other swimmers.....

Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock attended the 13th Russian Art Festival
in Cannes, France, today, August 24, 2010. Svetlana Medvedeva, wife of
Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has been present as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

Why does Charlene always have that faraway look, as if she is disconected somehowm or even sad. Did you notice in the Belga photos that Albert has a boo boo between his eyes, oops.:O

She...if she doesn't look sad, she looks like she is answering "Am i not the best? Am i not sexy?" or "Look at me, i'm the future princess".
But, she looks like this when she is at high profile events, wearing Armani coutures. When she is out and about with Albert, she looks nicer. She should do something about that. (If she realizes, of course)

I've been wondering whether she's wearing contact lenses that aren't quite right.
They can give the wearer a "far away" look. Eye drops can have a similar effect, whether prescribed, or worn for other reasons.

Is it likely that Albert & Charlene would have been invited to the recent Greek nuptials? Given the large gathering of European Royals I thought they would have been part of the occasion.

^^^^^^
Large? I don't think so. I have seen much larger gatherings.

The Greek wedding was more of a personal event where close family and friends were invited. At least that is what it looked like. I am sure Albert has met Nikolaos at some point (various weddings, etc.) but I don't think they are particularly close.

Is it likely that Albert & Charlene would have been invited to the recent Greek nuptials? Given the large gathering of European Royals I thought they would have been part of the occasion.

The Greek wedding was more of a personal event where close family and friends were invited. At least that is what it looked like. I am sure Albert has met Nikolaos at some point (various weddings, etc.) but I don't think they are particularly close.

Not likely as PA and Charlene were seen at the Gala dinner 'Russian Night, Flowers Ball' at Palais des Festivals in Cannes, France and were at the YOG before that. I'm going to have to agree with Zonk on that-they probably knew each other vaguely through various royal events, but don't seem to be particularly close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom