The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock during their Capri-weekend
in May, we haven't seen many pics of that so far.
And yes, these are examples of Charlene smoking

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** gallery **

Old 07-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I didn't know she smoked.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock during their Capri-weekend
in May, we haven't seen many pics of that so far.
And yes, these are examples of Charlene smoking

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** gallery **
I thought she had quit smoking since we hadn't seen it in years. That must be fun since Albert banned smoking from the Palace removing all the ash trays. Thanks for the photos Iceflower.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:41 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
I thought she had quit smoking since we hadn't seen it in years. That must be fun since Albert banned smoking from the Palace removing all the ash trays. Thanks for the photos Iceflower.
Yes, thanks for the photos. She's still smoking? and she wants to be an example to young athletes and charities? What was she thinking?
Old 07-14-2010, 12:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
The Flemish complain that after 50 years Paola still doesnt speak proper Flemish.
That's funny!
Old 07-14-2010, 01:28 PM
Heir Apparent

For a native Italian speaker, Flemish and Dutch are extraordinarily difficult to pronounce. I feel for Paola....
Old 07-14-2010, 04:11 PM
Majesty

On the positive side..CW and PA appear natural, affectionate and relaxed with one another...not a bit "staged" as some have asserted.

The negative? Cigarette smoking=Foul breath, stained teeth and premature wrinkes...not to mention heart/lung disease and cancer.

Not a good look at all for a future Princess who assiduously promotes physical prowess and well being in most of her public pronouncements.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Serene Highness

Smoking is such a turn off!! She really needs to quit ASAP
Old 07-14-2010, 05:53 PM
Aristocracy

There is no big buzz about their relationship. It is stale. Levi Johnson and Bristol Palin are heating up the news with their engagement. Levi is more man that Albert, he marrying his son's mother. I think these pictures makes Albert look very lacking as a Head of State. This woman brings absolutely nothing to Monaco.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:21 PM
Serene Highness

I'd love to see PA stop PC from smoking in her office. Remember when PA said women couldn't work in the Palace wearing slacks. Then it was changed to they could wear slacks after working there a year. My guess is that PC and PS were the 2 biggest offenders.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I didn't know she smoked.
CW may have always smoked - especially since she set foot in Monaco- BUt what is that saying around here - give her time-it has only been four years- no Olympian smokes and represents an athlete and their body which is a temple. I am glad some of these myths regarding the pure Charlene are being dispelled. Maybe next we will know that CW is not a vegetarian.
Pa is a "green " Prince and he cannot control the smoke emissions from CW.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:09 PM
Serene Highness

Most of the family smokes why should Charlene not smoke. Living with a smoker I know it is not easy to quit.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I smoke, I do not boast about itbut it is a fact of life that smoking is not illegal and does not make you a less worthy person.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
CW may have always smoked - especially since she set foot in Monaco- BUt what is that saying around here - give her time-it has only been four years- no Olympian smokes and represents an athlete and their body which is a temple.
Really? I see to recall Mr Phelps being photographed smoking pot, and Greg Louganis mentions in his autobiography sneaking out for a cigarette with a Russian athlete at the Olympics. Not advocating smoking but it is not entirely unheard of amongst athletes.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:00 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamagirl View Post
There is no big buzz about their relationship. It is stale. Levi Johnson and Bristol Palin are heating up the news with their engagement. Levi is more man that Albert, he marrying his son's mother. I think these pictures makes Albert look very lacking as a Head of State. This woman brings absolutely nothing to Monaco.
I know that you are not keen on the CW and PA engagement, but comparing their "buzz" to the trainwreck that is Bristol/Levi is probably not a good idea. They are creating buzz here in the U.S. of course, where trashy pseudo-celebs are the rage.

But I am certain that Le Monde, Paris Match, Oggi, Bunte etc won't be covering their engagement or wedding...that coverage will go to Albert and Charlene.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Of course it will. I'm not familiar with "Bristol/Levi" whoever they are.....

As regards the smoking, CW needs to conform to PA's wishes in the matter. He - and the whole Grimaldi clan - needs a consort who is whiter than white. CW claims she and PA want children. Well, the first thing is to stop smoking!
Old 07-15-2010, 05:42 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Of course it will. I'm not familiar with "Bristol/Levi" whoever they are.....
Bit of topic but Bristol Palin is the daughter of Sarah Palin, who made her name in the last USA Election.
Levi Johnston got her pregnant during the campaign and it was said they were engaged. Their son was born in December 2008. However they ended their engagement, and then a custody battle started of their son Tripp, Levi was originally granted custody, but then I think it went to Bristol.
As of today, they are back together and engaged again.

So apparently their relationship, which is a trainwreck, is getting more press in the USA than Charlene and PA's. Which to be quite honest, is no actual surprise.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:46 AM
Courtier

Regards Charlene & smoking, and her being an athlete, I just wanted to say that though I myself do not believe in smoking e-v-e-r, I know for a fact at least 50% of figure skating athletes smoke. Yes, lol, you are talking to a long-time figure skating fan, and I know my facts. Seriously, I can name names if I have to, lol.

That said, I wish the whole Grimaldi family would stop smoking, which includes Charlene. I don't care that it is a common habit for those in Europe, especially, it doesn't make it right. It's time for them to set a good example. Here's their chance. Time to turn over a fresh leaf. Make a new start ~ a whole new era will begin with Charlene!!!!! *clapping*

By the way, on a more positive note, I looooooooove the fact that Charlene is a former Olympian, just like Prince Albert, his famous Triple Gold Medal Olympian maternal grandfather, and his late maternal first male cousin; once an athlete always an athlete in my humble opinion. :) And as we all know, the whole Kelly clan were athletes and into physical education, including Prince Grace's mother.

In fact, in my humble opinion, Charlene is partially responsible (along with Prince Albert, of course) for her future nieces taking up sport in a serious manner ~ Pauline diving, Charlotte riding, and Alexandra figure skating! What a positive role model she is thus far. I look forward to seeing more of her positive influence in the coming years...
Old 07-15-2010, 07:07 AM
Heir Apparent

She is a retired competative athlete. If she smokes the only thing it will effect is her health, not her ability to compete as it's no longer a concern.

Mind you, one would think that her health would be enough of a reason not to smoke...

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 07-15-2010, 07:31 AM
Heir Apparent

LumutQueen - many thanks for putting me in the picture about the Palin clan. I should have recognised the name from last year's elections......

Nadine - a very interesting contribution - but the reality is that smoking in public has been made illegal by several European countries, and presumably others too.

Closed Thread