Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock Current Events - Part 5: June 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:ermm: Smoking seems to be chic in France. I was reading the May issue of Paris Vogue and there was a glamor shot of a model with cigarette in hand, smoke billowing through blood red lips and one breast exposed (in the Beaute section) and another one further along in the magazine - a man fondling at a woman's bra with a half smoked cigarette in his hand, while she struggles to hold her skirt down (or is trying to pull it down). There is also another shot of a man feeling up a woman's leg and a side table, complete with ash tray full of cigarette butts is one of the props.

LumutQueen - many thanks for putting me in the picture about the Palin clan. I should have recognised the name from last year's elections......

Nadine - a very interesting contribution - but the reality is that smoking in public has been made illegal by several European countries, and presumably others too.

Your welcome.
Most countries have banned it either entirely in workplace's or public places.
From what I can find about Monaco and banning smoking. There has been a ban on smoking in Monaco since 1 November 2008, but does not extend to bars, restaurants and nightclubs.:)

A full list, just in case.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_smoking_bans

In fact, in my humble opinion, Charlene is partially responsible (along with Prince Albert, of course) for her future nieces taking up sport in a serious manner ~ Pauline diving, Charlotte riding, and Alexandra figure skating! What a positive role model she is thus far. I look forward to seeing more of her positive influence in the coming years...
You would be incorrect in that. Charlotte has been competing in amateur showjumping since 1998, and went to jockey school with Andrea in 2001. Pauline has been athletic like her mother, she spent years at the circus. I doubt Charlene had anything to do with Alexandra skating either since Charlene doesn't like the cold and snow or winter sports according to Albert in a TV interview. She has since tried to learn to snow ski.

Regards Charlene & smoking, and her being an athlete, I just wanted to say that though I myself do not believe in smoking e-v-e-r, I know for a fact at least 50% of figure skating athletes smoke. Yes, lol, you are talking to a long-time figure skating fan, and I know my facts. ;) Seriously, I can name names if I have to, lol. :D

That said, I wish the whole Grimaldi family would stop smoking, which includes Charlene. I don't care that it is a common habit for those in Europe, especially, it doesn't make it right. It's time for them to set a good example. Here's their chance. Time to turn over a fresh leaf. Make a new start ~ a whole new era will begin with Charlene!!!!! *clapping*

By the way, on a more positive note, I looooooooove the fact that Charlene is a former Olympian, just like Prince Albert, his famous Triple Gold Medal Olympian maternal grandfather, and his late maternal first male cousin; once an athlete always an athlete in my humble opinion. :) And as we all know, the whole Kelly clan were athletes and into physical education, including Prince Grace's mother.

In fact, in my humble opinion, Charlene is partially responsible (along with Prince Albert, of course) for her future nieces taking up sport in a serious manner ~ Pauline diving, Charlotte riding, and Alexandra figure skating! What a positive role model she is thus far. I look forward to seeing more of her positive influence in the coming years...
you are so wrong you cannot give Charlene the credit of Charlotte and Alexandra their involvement in sport have nothing to do with Charlene i can see you are a fan please don't lie the media already got that taken care of . Charlene have no partially responsible for no one expect when she have a child of her own later in life.:whistling: then we can sing praise

Charlene has nothing to do with Pauline diving, Charlotte riding and Alexandra skating.
That is their mothers and their influence alone. They aren't going to let their uncles "girlfriend" influence what they actually do.
Charlene is a swimmer, i could understand the diving, if there was anything to substaniate it. But nothing else.

:ROFLMAO: Why don't we just cut to the chase already and say she's the Immaculate Conception? I think it's only a matter of time? :rolleyes:

I don't smoke, but if other people want to generally I would say that's their own business. However Charlene, and her fans, want to hang her glory on her being a world class athlete. Remember, she is also touting she is an educator of children? She is meant to have given swim clinics where Charlene touted healthy living and hard work to achieve success. :whistling: But, around the same time we saw her hanging off the balcony "publicly" smoking, knowing she would be the focus of some attention there? This was how Charlene chose to conduct herself the first time she was being introduced to the Monegasques people by Albert's side? Seeing this, I think many people found it very hard to believe her claims were very sincere in having any real aspirations to train for the next Olympics or any kind of world class swimming,? Or in fact that she had really been doing much serious swimming even before then? I would say at the very least she showed some very poor judgment there, including a lack of respect for Albert and his position there.. At least she hasn't been smoking in public, but knowing that Albert doesn't like smoking, and that she really shouldn't be seen smoking as the Princess of Monaco. I would have thought she might have worked on trying to kick the habit in the four or five years she's had....for Albert, if nothing else? I think like everything else with her it's just another example.of what she is willing, and not willing to do or how hard she is willing to "work" at anything, in spite of all her lobbying all these years to be the next Princess of Monaco.

Perhaps, in our new-found liking for Charlene, some of us have gone a bit too far.

I'm sure the Grimaldi parents and ex-parents, in-laws etc. have already provided lots of opportunities for their children, e.g. Stephanie taking Pauline to Helsinki, etc.

Charlene is a relatively recent person to arrive on the scene, and she is only one sportsperson among the many Grimaldis competing at various levels.

If she is going to try and start a family immediately after the wedding(my hunch is that she will) she should try weaning herself off nicotine immediately...I can't imagine being pregnant and ingesting cigarette smoke. I read a while back on these threads that Princess Caroline continued to smoke while pregnant and I was shocked..but thankfully the Princess's children are all the picture of health. :flowers:

It is not as socially acceptable to smoke here in the US as it is in Europe..in fact even though I can't stand cigarette smoke I think French women seem so elegant when they do..unlike American women! :whistling:

Even so, it is more socially acceptable to smoke(both here and in Europe) than it is to be overweight...which is baffling to me because both can kill you!

Ok, let's get back to the topic please! Thanks!

Has anyone found a link to the video Prince Albert & Charlene did with Patrick Poivre d'Arvor on July 12th on France 2. I have searched but came up with nothing. Thanks

I'm still ferretting around to find it, but no success!
Sorry...

I am quite surprised that Albert keeps relatively low profile with Charlene since engagement. He was showing a lot with her when it was against protocol so I would expect that he will show with her way more often when they are "official".:ermm:

Why do you mean Lakshmi? From what I can tell they are still out and about...attending events as they did pre engagement. I am not sure what people expect them to do?

I am quite surprised that Albert keeps relatively low profile with Charlene since engagement. He was showing a lot with her when it was against protocol so I would expect that he will show with her way more often when they are "official".:ermm:

They have been to every possible event since the engagement, you must have lost it. This is the time for propaganda, they have to "publicize" the future princess. Don´t forget that Monaco is the Princely family.

Why do you mean Lakshmi? From what I can tell they are still out and about...attending events as they did pre engagement. I am not sure what people expect them to do?
I mean that Charlene was not with princely family at balcony on St Jean day, although it was a day of engagement. It took one week after announcement when Albert appeared with her in public, at minor event: Children swimming competition. He did not take her to International Jumping Competition, although a lot of Grimaldis attended. CW wasn't with PA to greet Japanese royals etc and so on.She was just on some minor events.
The only important event where she was with PA, was MC Fight Aids gala.

I mean that Charlene was not with princely family at balcony on St Jean day, although it was a day of engagement. It took one week after announcement when Albert appeared with her in public, at minor event: Children swimming competition. He did not take her to International Jumping Competition, although a lot of Grimaldis attended. CW wasn't with PA to greet Japanese royals etc and so on.She was just on some minor events.
The only important event where she was with PA, was MC Fight Aids gala.

But she isn't married to him yet, why should she attend a royal event with other royals when she is not married to one yet?
It happens with all the engaged CP's over Europe, after the get engaged, they don't attend major events before they are married.

PA pick when CW can go to a event.

I don't think that's the case, he isn't her "boss" I'm sure CW has a say in which events she goes to.
It makes sense for her to go to a swimming competition, but it doesn't neccesarily make sense for her to go to the International Jumping Competition.

I can't see any logic in that.

Swimming or jumping - they're both sports events, and she can attend as many as she likes, with or without PA's say-so.

The Fight Aids Monaco event was a fundraiser with music, so no problem there.

On the other hand, if CW requested to attend one of PA's accreditation events of ambassadors, or similar, I'm sure the answer would be NO .... or perhaps "No, darling" :)

But your more likely to see her getting patronages to do with swimming than show jumping aren't you?

I think PA and CW are interested in sports in general. PA has got to be interested in all sports because of the economic benefits they bring to the Principality.

At the moment he has to spend some effort on Formula One Racing because of Bernie Ecclestone's attempts to extract even larger amounts on money from Monaco, in return for letting it continue the Monaco Grand Prix. It's in danger of being moved to the Far East.

If another sport needed extra support, I'm sure PA would pull out all the stops.

I think PA and CW are interested in sports in general. PA has got to be interested in all sports because of the economic benefits they bring to the Principality.

At the moment he has to spend some effort on Formula One Racing because of Bernie Ecclestone's attempts to extract even larger amounts on money from Monaco, in return for letting it continue the Monaco Grand Prix. It's in danger of being moved to the Far East.

If another sport needed extra support, I'm sure PA would pull out all the stops.

Would it be that popular in the Far East? Are a lot of people really willing to travel to the Far East for a couple of days for the Grand Prix?

Would it be that popular in the Far East? Are a lot of people really willing to travel to the Far East for a couple of days for the Grand Prix?

Depends where in the Far East, and how dedicated you were to the GP.

People with money and/or a passion for Formula One will attend races outside Europe, no matter how much it costs.

On the other hand, I resent Monaco being blackmailed into forking out lots more money, especially at a time of financial retrenchment.

Look what happened to the French Grand Prix. Motor racing needs a shake-up globally!

Charlene looks lovely. I'm going to say something: the "Grace Kelly" style suits her very well. And I said the "Grace Kelly Style" i'm not saying that she is Grace Kelly.
(you know, beacause there's always the discussion if she looks like, or doesn't look like...)

If you go to Daylife.com, you can see Charlene's engagement ring. It's not as big as it looks in the engagement photos. It's a nice size and I'm glad she didn't pick a huge rock. I don't like her dress, but her face looks very pretty. Her brother is sitting behind her in one of the photos.

That dress does absoultely nothing for her except show the world just how wide her shoulders are, she looks like a linebacker. And I'm surprised that her handlers don't know her body shape by now. Gee wizz and her hair those roots are at least 2 inches long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom