Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock Current Events - Part 5: June 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks lovely. It's a beautiful dress and she wears it well. Charlene certainly is in great shape (not too thin). But I really think it would have been more appropriate if her shoulders were covered...

After all these years, Charlene has not learnt how to dress for which occasion. I'm sure she would have been able to draw on the experiences of the Family, or friends, or couturiers of her acquaintance.

Instead, she goes her own stubborn way.

The faux-pas at the Saint-Jean Mass is a case in point.

b.s. she's dressed better this past year than she has ever before. imho, of course. :cool:

I agree that with one or two exceptions she has honed her style & looks every inch an appropriate consort to Albert- the outfit for Willam & Kate's wedding for example - it seemed to me to be one of the best on show. However, I wasn't keen on the swimsuit pic in the recent photoshoot - perhaps a bad decision in view of her position. I bet it raised a few eyebrows amongst other royals, & sadly confirmed what some royal houses may secretly think of the Grimaldis.

I agree that with one or two exceptions she has honed her style & looks every inch an appropriate consort to Albert- the outfit for Willam & Kate's wedding for example - it seemed to me to be one of the best on show. However, I wasn't keen on the swimsuit pic in the recent photoshoot - perhaps a bad decision in view of her position. I bet it raised a few eyebrows amongst other royals, & sadly confirmed what some royal houses may secretly think of the Grimaldis.
One of the first photo shoots Charlene did was as a Sports Illustrated model. I doubt one more photo of her in a swim suit would cause their opinions to change or confirm anything. We can expect to see her photographed every Christmas in a swim suit if they continue to have a swim with the residences.

Yes I see your point, but being snapped taking a dip with Albert & other Monagasques is quite different from deliberately choosing to pose in this way for a photoshoot just prior to assuming the title of Her Serene Highness. - I guess as she is a former olympic swimmer kind of makes it okay but I just don't think it was a good call.

There have been a number of "faux pas" which, after five years in the Principality should have been ironed out by now.

But, as we've been told, Charlene is a very headstrong person - something which cannot easily be modified...

Yes I see your point, but being snapped taking a dip with Albert & other Monagasques is quite different from deliberately choosing to pose in this way for a photoshoot just prior to assuming the title of Her Serene Highness. - I guess as she is a former olympic swimmer kind of makes it okay but I just don't think it was a good call.
A swimsuit was her uniform for her career before Albert and even Grace was photographed in them for professional shoots. I don't see the big deal. It wasn't a G-string nor was she topless like some of the other Princess have been photographed including Britain. It was just a bad picture of her.

There have been a number of "faux pas" which, after five years in the Principality should have been ironed out by now.

But, as we've been told, Charlene is a very headstrong person - something which cannot easily be modified...

I don´t know if she´s headstrong but for sure she´s classless. Someone should tell her how to dress for a Catholic ceremony. Usually shoulders uncovered are considered inapropriate.

I don´t know if she´s headstrong but for sure she´s classless. Someone should tell her how to dress for a Catholic ceremony. Usually shoulders uncovered are considered inapropriate.

Oh please...It's summer and it's hot. I didn't realise we're in the 1500's...she was covered and looked great. I'm Catholic and I have never been told to cover my shoulders during a summer mass. I detect a green-eyed monster. Some people are really clutching at straws now...

They live on the Riviera. People dress more casually. Obviously you have not seen some of the bikinis Charlotte and PS wear. I'm talking thong bottoms. A one-piece bathing suit is pretty prudish for that part of the world.

There are those who would impose their own dress restrictions, too bad nobody asked them. She looked lovely for a summer gathering. Obviously, the church heirarchy, whom they, actually, have contact with, unlike some here, have no problem with this.

It is amazing, you found one nice thing to say, the dress. Her face is gorgeous, so you should have your eyes checked.
Amazing but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and they should be allowed their perceptions

Seeing the two of them at their prayer stalls, PA is dressed correctly for this high profile religious occasion. CW isn't.

Oh please...It's summer and it's hot. I didn't realise we're in the 1500's...she was covered and looked great. I'm Catholic and I have never been told to cover my shoulders during a summer mass. I detect a green-eyed monster. Some people are really clutching at straws now...

I agree, especially the last sentence - very well said!

One can find the dress choice either appropriate or inappropriate, but before we fill another page
with the same discussion, it's time to move on..

Today, June 28, Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock together with singer Jean
Michel Jarre viewed the installations for the wedding concert Jarre will give.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Lovely pictures Iceflower.

Last edited:
:previous: To sue or not to sue? I don't know. I think not, at least not until after the honeymoon.

I simply can't wait for this event. I've got the video site bookmarked and I've decided to watch it at my office so there will be NO distractions.

I hope her bridal look will be so beautiful that it will go down in the annals of time as the most spectacular bride, EVER. Since the wedding is not inside the Church, I don't have a preference re: strapless or sleeved.

These pictures show she is not going nowhere. Why would she?

Today, June 28, Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock together with singer Jean
Michel Jarre viewed the installations for the wedding concert Jarre will give.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

More lovely pics! It looks like everything is underway, last minute checks, going over everything one by one by one, because it all begins tomorrow with a concert by the Eagles, et al, and then finally the BIG DAY on Friday! YES!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

This may be going off post a little ,but I have heard that PA and Charline were to vist the Uk ,Harewood House in Yorkshire to be more exact , but I haven't heard any thing else since. Has this visit been and gone ??

More lovely pics! It looks like everything is underway, last minute checks, going over everything one by one by one, because it all begins tomorrow with a concert by the Eagles, et al, and then finally the BIG DAY on Friday! YES!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

They look relaxed and happy in these photos. I love it!! :whistling:

Part of me wishes they were not so visible in these last few days before the wedding...so that it will be even more dramatic when we see them on Friday evening and especially Saturday evening.

But I think they are deliberately making themselves be seen as much as possible to dispel the rumors. Good on them!

As to Harewood House - #803 - there is a Concert by Placido Domingo at the end of July.
This might be an opportunity for Charlene to get to know Placido Domingo in the flesh....

Time to close this thread - thanks for all your contributions!
The new thread can be found here!​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom