The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 05:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Information about the couple's forthcoming visit to Leeds in the UK. The article indicates that this will be the couple's first official engagement following their wedding, & replicates a previous visit by Grace & Rainier

The Yorkshire Evening Post

Old 05-21-2011, 02:29 AM
Administrator

Considering that the ball will take place on September 4 it looks a bit exaggerated to announce it
as the "couple’s first public engagement as husband and wife", there'll be several events to attend
between the beginning of July and the beginning of September (the IOC meeting, the Red Cross Ball
and so on)..

But thanks for sharing the article, Elly C!

Old 05-21-2011, 07:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Considering that the ball will take place on September 4 it looks a bit exaggerated to announce it
as the "couple’s first public engagement as husband and wife", there'll be several events to attend
between the beginning of July and the beginning of September (the IOC meeting, the Red Cross Ball
and so on)..

But thanks for sharing the article, Elly C!
Yes I had to admit I thought that unless they mean the couple's first solo engagement as other members of the family attend the Ball, or even first engagement abroad - we'll soon see!
Old 05-21-2011, 08:08 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree with you Iceflower, it is not the first solo engagement of the couple, because there will be the ioc meeting,the gala princess Stephanie use to give for the fightAid but I don't know if the couple will be return of his honeymoon and the famous red cross ball which finishs the events of the first semestre. I think it is announced beacause Princess Grace used to go to this place but thank you for this new.

The interview given to the german tv was not entire, there were only some parts ofthe interviews that the couple gave to two tv. There were in the rooms one reporter of the DZF tv and one other of das Erste. We got later the first interview now there is the other interview they give to the reporter of the Erste .de tv.They speak of the festivities, a little of their meet, on the princess Caroline and princess Stephanie that she admires , the presence of princess William and the question of the children.I understand german .
You tube. Exkluziv; Furst albert und Charlene
Old 05-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Majesty

Albert has been fluent in German since childhood, so the interview was apparently conducted in English for CW's benefit.

CW has a very lovely, soft speaking voice.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
The interview given to the german tv was not entire, there were only some parts ofthe interviews that the couple gave to two tv. There were in the rooms one reporter of the DZF tv and one other of das Erste. We got later the first interview now there is the other interview they give to the reporter of the Erste .de tv.They speak of the festivities, a little of their meet, on the princess Caroline and princess Stephanie that she admires , the presence of princess William and the question of the children.I understand german .
You tube. Exkluziv; Furst albert und Charlene
I've also seen two longer interviews on television that day, but they weren't available
on the internet on Thursday, this link includes one of the reports with longer interview
parts, I guess that's the one you've seen as well:

Old 05-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

When did they take this interview exactly?
Old 05-21-2011, 04:18 PM
Administrator

The exact date wasn't given, but they reports implied it was recent.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, it is this I found on You tube, I thingh that it was the same day, the two reports one of Mediathek and the other of das Erste were in the same room and the prince and Charlène are on the same armchairs. I saw also one where Prince Albert spoke about the fact that Monaco is no more on the black list of the blanchiement of money

I understand a little german language, it is said that the wedding will be soon in the six weeks , the interviews were perhaps a week ago
Old 05-21-2011, 06:43 PM
Gentry

Melina P, do you have the link to tmc channel?
Old 05-22-2011, 03:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Yes, it is this I found on You tube, I thingh that it was the same day, the two reports one of Mediathek and the other of das Erste were in the same room and the prince and Charlène are on the same armchairs. I saw also one where Prince Albert spoke about the fact that Monaco is no more on the black list of the blanchiement of money

There may be a little misunderstanding about the German TV interview.

There has only been one interview, not more. One interviewer was from German TV programme ARD, the other one from
the programme ZDF, they were sitting next to each other and both were asking questions. In the end the two TV
programmes have cut together their own reports with both differing and overlapping excerpts, but they did not have
two different interviews!
Old 05-22-2011, 04:09 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
There may be a little misunderstanding about the German TV interview.

There has only been one interview, not more. One interviewer was from German TV programme ARD, the other one from
the programme ZDF, they were sitting next to each other and both were asking questions. In the end the two TV
programmes have cut together their own reports with both differing and overlapping excerpts, but they did not have
two different interviews!
Exactly!
Two different editings of the same interview
Old 05-22-2011, 05:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Iceflower is right ! (as usual :-)
I kept looking at the clips, and they are indeed one and the same interview.
Regarding the "translation", I think CW would not want "weird" children, but perhaps "unusual" children.....
Old 05-22-2011, 05:43 AM
Heir Apparent

The interview with Charlene and PA, Sunday, May 22nd, 2011, 9h56

"The real risk would be not to be myself"

Tea time in the Palace gardens ........ Charlene offers the interviewer something to drink .... in English .... PA arrives .....
Interviewer wants to know what she is doing with herself every day.
"I like to be outside .... going out to go to Cap d'Ail .... to Roc Agel.... play golf at Mont Agel.

How does she cope with the media pressure? Okay. I'm concentrating on positive things.

And PA: he views things serenely...

Interview de Charlene Wittstock : "Le vrai risque serait de ne pas être moi-même" | Nice-Matin
Old 05-22-2011, 02:03 PM
Majesty

So the article expresses the opinion that she is not afraid to speak French...but uses English for now because she wants to be "precise" and not be misunderstood.

This is perfectly understandable for some who is still learning a new language, imo.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
So the article expresses the opinion that she is not afraid to speak French...but uses English for now because she wants to be "precise" and not be misunderstood.

This is perfectly understandable for some who is still learning a new language, imo.
After five years living in a french speaking country?!? Anyone would be completely fluent and proficient after all this time, may be with an accent, but anyway...
Old 05-22-2011, 03:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh, really. I am an American and many different nationalities come here to live. English is difficult for those who come as adults. I, believe, that holds true for most places.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_ View Post
After five years living in a french speaking country?!? Anyone would be completely fluent and proficient after all this time, may be with an accent, but anyway...
That's right! Grace steps off a boat days before her wedding, where she became pregnant on her honeymoon--I remember seeing footage of Grace and Rainier in their car at the time of her first pregnancy where she is being asked impromptu questions in French by a reporters, and she's able to both understand and respond intelligently (like an adult) in a nice enough accent, in less than nine months of stepping off a boat and arriving in Monaco. But then it would seem that Albert nor the palace ever seemed to have a problem with Charlene's lack of initiative....a woman that has been on their payroll for many years, who still couldn't be bothered to learn French....after five years of chomping at the bit to be the Princess of Monaco? One would think that is the very least she could do while she expected to be involved in Albert's life after all these years, plus she might have actually had something of mention to tell reporters about how she spends her days, other than amusing herself on Albert's money. What was it that she said about the Monegasque people not liking her? "That's to be expected!" Really....you think?????? Gee, I can't understand why this girl isn't more popular?
Old 05-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Albert has been fluent in German since childhood, so the interview was apparently conducted in English for CW's benefit.

CW has a very lovely, soft speaking voice.
I thought he learned German in College?
Old 05-22-2011, 05:31 PM
Aristocracy

I have said it before it is not easy marrying a high profile family let alone such a beautiful one. We all know the stories of many Princess' who have been effected by such preasure but I wish she was stong enough to have the faith in her natural beauty. She looks odd at the moment and I find it difficult to warm to her.

Closed Thread